my new audio system

stevieboy

hi all!

to those who have been over and heard my system, i am moving up, and i must say way way up to a new superb system. :D i am getting it on friday (hopefully) and will post pictures as soon as i get it :)

to those who haven't been over and dont know what i currently have, well it's:
amp - viren's lyrita audio 2A3 tube amp running 45 tubes instead of the 2A3 tubes

speakers - viren's lyrita audio single driver harmony one speakers

digital - used to run a nad 520 cd player through a wadia 12 dac, currently running ipod direct to the amp till i figure out a permanent solution for digital playback

vinyl is through a project rpm 9 through viren's lyrita audio phonostage with telefunken ecc83 tubes instead of the 5751 tubes they came with (i think viren has since changed the 5751 tubes to some other number)

watch zis space for ze more!

regards

edit: and no this is not the macbook pro laptop that's being discussed under the macbook thread started by audio_engr :p

Last edited:
So this is altogether a new system or an upgrade to your existing one ?
If its totally a new system it is bound to better then the current one, it has to be something special
Awaiting your next post:)

Congrats steve! Thats a nice suspense! watch this space huh? My, this forum is becoming like a newspaper:lol:

cheers,.
sri

hi Steven,
congratualtion on your engagement with a new audio system.wish you a very happy journey afterwards.;)

My hunch is that Steve was already in heaven with Lyrita amp + Harmony speakers, so I think you will take a giant leap in the source:rolleyes:....

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

hi all!

To those who have been over and heard my system, i am moving up, and i must say way way up . to a new superb system :D
Er.. speaker firing in from the Ceiling ? or moving a few floors up in your apt ? :eek:hyeah:

hi Steven,
congratualtion on your engagement with a new audio system.wish you a very happy journey afterwards.;)

ah mahiruha,

journey not smooth going unfortunately. :sad: few strings attached but hopefully it should work out well...

regards

No wonder the mac is on HOLD for now..... :lol:
BTW - the wadia-12 is solidly engineered & mods can better it .... :eek:hyeah:

hehe no no mac on too :) thanks for the tips on the wadia. but wait till you see what i have up my sleeve the current setup will be dwarfed ;)

hehe no no mac on too :) thanks for the tips on the wadia. but wait till you see what i have up my sleeve the current setup will be dwarfed ;)

hi stevieboy, looks like you be blowing a huge stash - and i do not want to guess!

but the suspense is killing!:)

My hunch is that Steve was already in heaven with Lyrita amp + Harmony speakers, so I think you will take a giant leap in the source:rolleyes:....

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

this is gonna come as a bit of shock heliumflight especially considering that i helped you in your journey to tubes.

what am getting has not a single tube in it but its so smooth, so involving, so musical so 'there' that you just forget everything and sink into the music. forget typical attributes like depth, height, depth etc. this is musical to its very core and considering that's where my tastes lie, rather than dissecting the music, its the perfect fit. not without its hiccups however as i mentioned to mahiruha, but am confident of mastering the new beast :D

in fact i'd be so bold as to say that even if viren hears it he'd admit to its fluidity judging the equipment and the way he approaches building systems.

one hint - japan ;)

regards

Er.. speaker firing in from the Ceiling ? or moving a few floors up in your apt ? :eek:hyeah:

arj thou art truly hilarious :eek:hyeah: no no above me is only the terrace so i've reached my glass ceiling as far as that goes hehe

Congratulations Stevie.
My guess is it will be tube based hi end system. :)

oops : just read, so its not tube based. Comeon Stevie you are building up suspense

Last edited:
Re: my new music system

actually, the title ought to be 'my new music system' considering that's the end worth striving for - beautiful music at one's command. audio somehow seems a little cold and very 'equipment' led to me.

Stevie just look at following picture for five minutes and repeat after me
Today is Friday
Today is Friday
Today is Friday
Today is Friday
Today is Friday
Today is Friday
yes yes continue..
hypnotize.jpg

oops i almost forgot! thanks for all the wishes guys!! getting something new is always fun though scary initially and good to know your wishes are with me :)

Stevie just look at following picture for five minutes and repeat after me
Today is Friday
Today is Friday
Today is Friday
Today is Friday
Today is Friday
Today is Friday
yes yes continue..
hypnotize.jpg

Good one! Can't stop laughing :eek:hyeah:

Stevie, is the advance booking counter open yet? For a listening session ... ? :D

PS: Tell me its personal MP3 player :rolleyes:

Cheers

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back