My New Camera !

The D200 is a fantastic camera, but sadly I am nowhere near the skill level of putting it to the best use:eek:
Couple of shots,]

The cat shot is simply great!! Did you take that with the d200 or the S3 ?

Cheers

What I liked about the pics is the sense of cohesion in the composition. The dynamics are also pretty ok. Upper range is nice so is the lower dark/blacks. The timing of the shutter is also spot on! The imaging is great!! :)

Did I miss anything critical that audiophiles should always evaluate? :D

Cheers

Gobble, that was a quite verbose, elaborate and techy critique, std audiophile grade:D

But was that meant for me?:eek:

Hi,

Congrats Asit:clapping: !! Thats a very choice :) !! Hope to see some action from it !!

Me in Delhi cannot keep quite isn't it ?? so just clicked some,that too on account of surprise rain :eek:!!

Hope to you guys like it :D!!

Regards.

simply great!! I can't believe a non-DSLR is giving you such great pics with blurred background for portrait style snaps. Due to their small sensor size, its usually not possible.

How much did you pay for it btw?

Cheers

Hi,
Thanks for the comments, The cost was the main concern to go for it ! I din want to spend too much on it as I have some other things cooking right now(see my DIY Speaker and Speaker Cable).I've posted the pics taken from the cam so far I've not faced any noise issue ( lucky perhaps ;) !)

I paid 25K for it and seems worth every penny to me !!

Regards.

question answered. Thanks.

Regards

Truly awesome pictures, iaudio! In keeping with gobble's description, very balanced throughout the frequency range, may be just a bit warm, great resolution, just enough punch and excellent dynamic range :).

LX3 is a great camera, gobble. Just warm it up for half an hour before you put it to use :D.

Regards.

simply great!! I can't believe a non-DSLR is giving you such great pics with blurred background for portrait style snaps. Due to their small sensor size, its usually not possible.

How much did you pay for it btw?

Cheers

The cat shot was taken with the Canon S3IS. Thank you.:)

Hi,

Iaudio I liked all the pics but the 2nd and last was really something ! I will not go into details as its obvious :D !!

I just got a lumix LX3 from ebay for 26K. which is a fair price going by internation rates. My other camera is a canon s5 powershot which I now intend to dispose off.

Rahul congrats on your new purchase :clapping:,please post some snaps of it and from it too :eek:hyeah: !!

As Iaudio and me said earlier,its more to do with the person behind the lens then the lens itself !! I have got used to this camera so much that I actually expect it to do more ;)!! I have seen some bad pics from top notch DSLR and such so I strongly believe in that ! Please forgive me if I sound bit odd or...................

I had gone to my hometown before I came to delhi,have taken some awesome pics which I could not carry (had to empty the card for the delhi session ) so will post them to showcase what the cam can do or where one can take their level to !

Regards.

Truly awesome pictures, iaudio! In keeping with gobble's description, very balanced throughout the frequency range, may be just a bit warm, great resolution, just enough punch and excellent dynamic range :).

LX3 is a great camera, gobble. Just warm it up for half an hour before you put it to use :D.

Regards.

Asit, he he:D carrying on the trend eh? thanks!

Gobble, Lx3, wow! thats one cool camera!

Gobble, that was a quite verbose, elaborate and techy critique, std audiophile grade:D

But was that meant for me?:eek:

You really dont require a DSLR for great pictures... Just play with the controls and have a good know-how of some photo editing software and you're all set.

Regards.

I will try leaving it out in the sun for a while before taking pics thank you :)

Cheers

As Iaudio and me said earlier,its more to do with the person behind the lens then the lens itself !! I have got used to this camera so much that I actually expect it to do more ;)!! I have seen some bad pics from top notch DSLR and such so I strongly believe in that ! Please forgive me if I sound bit odd or...................

Master .... (with nasal twang) !!! <Bow> Teach me Photo-Fu <with humbly folded hands> .... :)

Hi,

Master .... (with nasal twang) !!! <Bow> Teach me Photo-Fu <with humbly folded hands> ....

Rahul my friend you are being modest I know ;) ( or trying to pull my leg:p) ! Am no master and this not my main trade to use my mastery :lol: !! Am sure you'll click some great one's in due time course !

Will checkout the cam once I hit bangalore (the other thing is also due from a long time ;) )

Just to tease you,here's a new pic with some good contrast and different colours thrown in for good measure :p!

Chamelion2%20New-1.JPG

Regards.

Last edited:
Hi,

Rahul my friend you are being modest I know ;) ( or trying to pull my leg:p) ! Am no master and this not my main trade to use my mastery :lol: !! Am sure you'll click some great one's in due time course !

Will checkout the cam once I hit bangalore (the other thing is also due from a long time ;) )

Just to tease you,here's a new pic with some good contrast and different colours thrown in for good measure :p!
Regards.

A Pink Lizard!! Seriously, you have some tricks to teach me!! The only ones I know are how to shoot when standing on one leg ... :) ... or how my eye for detail is enhanced immensely when a PYT is within zoom range :D

Looking forwards to some photography lessons - lets do a weekend trip nearby someday ...

Cheers

Hi,

A Pink Lizard!! Seriously, you have some tricks to teach me!! The only ones I know are how to shoot when standing on one leg ... ... or how my eye for detail is enhanced immensely when a PYT is within zoom range

Looking forwards to some photography lessons - lets do a weekend trip nearby someday ...

Its not a lizard,its a gecko or chameleon ;) ! Well it was near a flower and suddenly came to leaves so might have some colour left from the flowers !! I all up for sharing what little I know buddy !!

Yeah that'll be real good,lets plan for it but again I have to return from delhi first !! We have some nice places on the outskirts of Bangalore where we can practice !! Will get in touch with you once I hit Bangalore.

Regards.

Yeah that'll be real good,lets plan for it but again I have to return from delhi first !! We have some nice places on the outskirts of Bangalore where we can practice !! Will get in touch with you once I hit Bangalore.

Regards.

Sorry for the OT, but I'm waiting patiently (almost) for you to audition Viren's new creation and post your thoughts!

Hi,

Sorry for the OT, but I'm waiting patiently (almost) for you to audition Viren's new creation and post your thoughts!

Your Prayers are Answered my friend,just coming from the Audition :yahoo:!! Will post it in a separate thread,but will post some teasers on the original thread !!

Hai congrats for aquiring a very good camera. BTW pl. can U give the price of the camera?

Am not sure for who it was as there are many guys including me the thread starter :p !! please don't mind and let Us know who the question was directed at ;)!!

Regards.

Last edited:
@soundsgreat,excellent pics sreekanth.true what they say about the photog behind the machine.very nice

@iaudio,great snaps titus.love the estate landscape and the weather it was taken in.belissima.

just for the record,was lookin for a vfm p&s cam when in india last and had settled on a canon ixus 100 in the shop where i happened to be buyin other stuff as well(hard disks,psp,yada yada..) and wham,found myself walkin out with a canon eos 400d with 18-55 kit lens.egad!!couldn help it,got it for a great price.25k.now if i could only get some good photog lessons...:p

@all,can see why the admin felt a dedicated forum for photography was warranted ;)

cheers all

@soundsgreat,excellent pics sreekanth.true what they say about the photog behind the machine.very nice

@iaudio,great snaps titus.love the estate landscape and the weather it was taken in.belissima.

just for the record,was lookin for a vfm p&s cam when in india last and had settled on a canon ixus 100 in the shop where i happened to be buyin other stuff as well(hard disks,psp,yada yada..) and wham,found myself walkin out with a canon eos 400d with 18-55 kit lens.egad!!couldn help it,got it for a great price.25k.now if i could only get some good photog lessons...:p

@all,can see why the admin felt a dedicated forum for photography was warranted ;)

cheers all

Thanks Rally nut
And congrats on the 400d!
I have a friends eos350d which I use often. so pretty comfy with the eos series.
Get down to Kerala, bring your getz, we ll go shoot some slow shutter speed, tripod shots of Athirapally waterfalls:eek:hyeah:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back