My New HiFi Setup - First one.

tasanjeev

Posting my new hifi setup details. This is an upgrade from entry level HTIB that I have. Referred plenty of threads on HFV and gone through almost all the questions posted here about setting up a new hifi system. Keeping budget in mind and compromising on few things I finally ended up with the following setup. I am just posting one picture now and will come back with more later after I complete the setup. This has driven big holes in my pocket and I dont know when will be my next purchase of remaining components be. Although its tempting to buy everything in one go, budget has different plans for me I guess.

- Denon 991 (equivalent to 3311)
- Focal Chorus 714 V floor standers
- Focal Chorus 700 CC, center channel.
- Velodyne Impact 10 subwoofer.
- WD TV Live plus media player.
- Seagate expansion 3TB HDD
- Philips DVP 3388
- LG 32 FHD LCD
- TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND Ultimate Wireless N Gigabit Router
- Maxine step down transformer 1KVA. For Denon.
- TATA Sky HD.

I have few old types of equipment to be upgraded like the DVP 3388. Considering a Sony BDP S370 as an upgrade, any suggestions are welcome.

Considering the budget and the room size, I opted for the Velodyne Impact 10 sub. A 12 inch would have been better but dont have the place to really fit it. Considering an upgrade on the TV also but would take some time for it.

Before anything, I need to buy the surrounds and I am thinking of Wharfedale 10 DFS. What say guys?

Also would be going in for a change in TATASky. Considering or planning to switch to Videocon DTH HD. TATASky is expensive and I dont see them adding any HD channels soon.

Last edited:
Very nice setup , I will advice don't switch to others HD sine TataSky pq and hd quality is very good and you can trust them .
I paid 5500 Rs yearly charges and gets full years subscriptions and all service channel open and 10 showcase free and any other addition free of cost , so think again .

Congrats on your new setup, Denon and Focal go well hand in hand. Out of curiosity how much you got Focal 714v for?

tasanjeev, nice set up you have got there. That centre channel looks quite beefy.
Which LG LCD is this?

Very nice setup , I will advice don't switch to others HD sine TataSky pq and hd quality is very good and you can trust them .
I paid 5500 Rs yearly charges and gets full years subscriptions and all service channel open and 10 showcase free and any other addition free of cost , so think again .

Yes u r true about pq on tatasky, I am having tatasky from last 5 years. But when i see other DTH, offering very less price, it gets tempted. I will try and stick to tatasky. Thanks for the help.

Back