My new HT!!

Triple Ace

Hello my dear friends,
After silently reading everything i could find here for 45 days, i finally ordered my Home Theatre system.
AVR: Yamaha RXV681 (finally yamaha has launched its much awaited budget Atmos series in India)
Speakers: Dali Zensor 7, Zensor Vokal and Zensor 1 for surrounds. The dealer suggested some Paradigm speakers for ceiling as I am going for Atmos.

Subwoofer still not decided so i will need your help please. Budget is about 30K-35K.
Thanks to everyone for showing me the way with their valuable inputs and especially the dignified members who responded to my PMs with their invaluable suggestions/advice/remarks.
My AVR has phono input so I will start sending PMs to our fellow vinyl lovers once my set up is done. Hehe
Thanks once again to everyone:)

The pictures are gonna take a while as my new flat's interior work is in progress.

Murlidher Sir, I got Dali for 18% discount.
AVR i got for 53,500

Need help with the Sub please.

You can call all by name without 'Sir'. :)

I would suggest not to compromise on sub but to go for a good decent sub. SVS PB1000 is basically appreciated by all in many forums which personally I use as well. It would be little more than your budget but a good investment.

SVS has many admirers world over but my journey started with the search of a decent soundbar and ending up with whatever I have bought already including a 55 inch 4K LG TV and Himedia H8 is giving me shivers:eek:hyeah:

Irony: I am getting a free LG soundbar from my local tv dealer:rolleyes:

I was thinking of Velodyne Impact 12 but there are no dealers here. Are there any dealers or Velodyne in Kolkata??

How much did you pay for your SVS Pb1000??

Did you check out Dali E-12F?
It's supposed to be very good. But that would be around 50k. Maybe the E-9F?

I have not checked the Zensor 7s or any other Dalis:eek:hyeah:

I took the decision by reading the reviews and inputs here. The only speakers i have heard so far are Q Acoustics, Wharfedales, Tannoy eclipse and Sonodynes.

My budget for sub is 35K but I can stretch it to 40K max. I am looking at all the possible options now. I will take the demo of the Dali sub when i go to take the delivery of speakers and AVR after 5-6 days.

Any idea about ceiling speakers for Atmos? The dealer has Paradigm PV-50R which he's offering for 12K a pair.

Bad news!!
The dealer just called and told Yamaha 681 wont be available now and might take a month.
Back to square one. Now I have to decide between Denon 2200 or Marantz 5010. I have asked him to give me rates for both. If I get a huge discount on Marantz, I will go for it.

I am an impatient person. The new flat will take a month or more to be ready but I cant avoid spending so many hours here everyday which is affecting my work, sleep and health:rolleyes:
I can focus on other important things in life once i am done buying the HT.
The HT set up will be kept at the office boxed till the flat is ready ..
And there is no guarantee that Yamaha 681 will be available after a month.
Waiting for the dealer's call. I will finalise Denon 2200 or Marantz 5010 today only.

Denon and marantz great choice of avr. You wont regret on thesound quality they provide. For the sub, my suggestion would be to go forvelodyne impact 12 sub. Also if you can strech the budget try to buy 2 subs. Dual subs are always awesome it will enhance the movie experience to a the next level.

Final price for Marantz 5010 : 80K
Final price for Denon 2200 : 61K

Ordered Denon 2200!!!

Called Acoustic Arts, the distributor for SVS and Velodyne and they said Velo Impact 12 is discontinued now and they are awaiting a new product to be launched soon.
For SVS, they offered only 10% ..
I am looking for a better deal for the sub.
I can get 2 Sonodyne Roarr210 for the price of 1 SVS pb1000 or even less but is that a good idea??

I can go for one Roarr210 for the time being and if i find the bass to be inadequate then I can buy another ..

How do I explain all this to my wife:rolleyes: she thinks the total budget is 60K:eek:hyeah:

Guys, kindly help me with the ceiling speakers also please. The dealer has Paradigm PV-50R which he's offering for 12K a pair. I have not seen a lot of posts related to ceiling/atmos speakers so need your expert suggestions please.

Sailaza Subhadarshan

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back