My Newly Built Sub

sadik

Hello Friends...

My First Post in DIY, My Newly Built Subwoofer Enclosure. This was for my Friends Car... Its Powered with JBL GTO804 200W RMS SUB.

I was very much satisfied with the results & My Friend he was just amazed to Feel the Vibes.

Here are some of the Pics (Final) & Response Curve, One of my Friend did the SIM in BassBox 6 Lite, Because i dont know to use this Software.

Sorry I was unable to get the Built Pics of the SUB because I never thought i would be Posting my Built in Audio Forums.

If anyone would like to listen the testing Video (Approx 5 mb). I can Mail it. But remember the Testing Video is shot by Mobile Cam So Audio is not that good but Good Enough to get an Idea how it Sounded.

Hope u guys will like my Work. & Sorry for my Bad English cz its my First Post and i am not getting what to write.

Sadik Bhatkar.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 325
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 325
  • BANDPASS NO XO.jpg
    BANDPASS NO XO.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 326
The response covers 2 octaves from 35hz to 140hz, typical of a bandpass. Driver is probably inside. Is it a 4th order bandpass?
The paint looks nice, can you describe it?
Why 2 ports?

Thanks

The response covers 2 octaves from 35hz to 140hz, typical of a bandpass. Driver is probably inside. Is it a 4th order bandpass?
The paint looks nice, can you describe it?
Why 2 ports?

Thanks

Goldy Rathore thanks for your interest.

This Enclosure is 6th Order Bandpass, hence 2 Ports. The Paint used is NC Based. It is Hard and Dries very quickly. Forget about he Paint. Preparation is what matters the most.

My Paint Procedure.
1. Proper Sanding : Sand well at the Joints, the Level of both joints should be equal. I Have a sander machine so its not a Big Deal for me to get Even Surface no matter how Rough the Joints are ...lol. ( Sanding Paper Grade 150 (Rough) & 300 (Smooth)
2. Cleaning : Clean the Surface by Pressurized Air or Blower And wipe it with a Cloth.
3. Putty : Apply Putty all over the Box. I use NC Based Putty. And i use a spray gun to apply it. Putty acts as a Wall between Paint & Wood, this Prevents the Wood to Soak the Paint.
4. Sanding Putty : Use Sand Paper of 400 Grade for Final Touch & Clean it Properly by Pressurized Air or Blower & Cloth.
5. Now the Enclosure is Ready for Paint. I am using NC Paint (2 Caots) cz its hard and Dries Quickly. Yes the Paint Dries quickly, after 2 Hours I Spray the 3rd Coat of Malamine which is my Final Coat.
6. The Grains you are seeing is the Malamine, keep the Pressure of Spray gun as low as possible. ( what you say in hindi Spray se thook nikalni chahiye... lol)
7. Leave the Finished box to dry atleast for time of 24 Hours.

I have attached some old Pics or making Enclosure you can see how clean the Joints are these Enclosures are for 12" Mids.

Sadik Bhatkar

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 261
The finish is awesome.

Please post some more pics and internal sketch of the sub if possible.

Hello Ketan thanks for ur interest... here are some more pics ... And Sorry I Cannot Post the Internals of this Enclosure.. Its Confidential... & Regarding Details of Paint, I have mentioned it in Reply to Goldy Rathore you can read it in that post.

Sadik Bhatkar

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 252
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 252
At last we have another (3rd I guess) member from Vadodara (Baroda).

Wonderful build.
Taking so much effort to paint a cabinet which will be hidden most of the time inside car tales a lot about your perfectionist mind and attitude. Hats off to you.

At last we have another (3rd I guess) member from Vadodara (Baroda).

Wonderful build.
Taking so much effort to paint a cabinet which will be hidden most of the time inside car tales a lot about your perfectionist mind and attitude. Hats off to you.

Thank You Sumanta for your Interest..

Very much happy to see member from Baroda... Looking forward to meet you personally some day... And yes for me Perfection is Everything ....:)

Congrats dear,

The final outcome is showing your hardwork & passion towards music and all DIY lovers will like it for sure..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back