• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

My old HTIB compatibility with new DVD

Wharfedale Diamond 11.1 & 11.2 Speakers

ubsmart

Hi All, I have a 3 year old LG HTIB which is lately acting strange as the DVD player almost does not play any disc that is mildly scratched. I just bought a Pana PV8 and was not able to enjoy it to the full extent with this problem in my DVD player. Now, my question is can I buy any 5.1 channel compatible DVD player in the market and get it use by LG Speakers...

I am a bit tight on budget currently else would have dumped my LG and went for something latest.

Any suggestions from Guru's?

Thanks,
Ubsmart

moserw

Hi All, I have a 3 year old LG HTIB which is lately acting strange as the DVD player almost does not play any disc that is mildly scratched. I just bought a Pana PV8 and was not able to enjoy it to the full extent with this problem in my DVD player. Now, my question is can I buy any 5.1 channel compatible DVD player in the market and get it use by LG Speakers...

I am a bit tight on budget currently else would have dumped my LG and went for something latest.

Thanks,
Ubsmart

Is connectivity an option? Most HTIBs have DVDP/AVR/Amp combo and have only output connectivity to TV for video. Can you use an external DVDP and connect to the Amp/AVR of your existing LG? If the LG has a separate AVR then its possible but in HTIBs that's not an option and so a common problem. If connecting an external DVDP is not an option then the only thing you can do is get the LG repaired/fixed.

spirovious

Thanks,
Ubsmart

Hi,
As you said t is LG HTib,then chances are that it may have only stereo input(aux in).So you can connect another DVDp & output it's stereo to LG HTib.
So only front can play.If it has prologic option,then psuedo 5.1 output.

If your model has digital input ,then you can connect DVDp coax/opt to that f LG HTib.

If none of above options available ,then you cannot use LG spk until you get compatable 5.1 amp .DVDP >5.1 amp >LG spk

ubsmart

Thank you Moserw and Spirovious for the replies. I can use the Aux port as input for the new DVP. But, I am currently using my TV as AUX source.

I think the only option for me currently is to get LG fix the DVD lens as Moserw suggested. I will start saving something from now. I am eying Onkyo 5.1 AVR...may be 6 months down the line.

spirovious

Thank you Moserw and Spirovious for the replies. I can use the Aux port as input for the new DVP. But, I am currently using my TV as AUX source.

I think the only option for me currently is to get LG fix the DVD lens as Moserw suggested. I will start saving something from now. I am eying Onkyo 5.1 AVR...may be 6 months down the line.

You can do yourself ,

I got lens assembly for RS.270 & replaced it myself of Onida DFX-7100.
Its working fine with all discs.