My Onkyo 6 yr old AVR(ht-s3200) died . Planning to upgrade

Frankly i cannot suggest a subwoofer as i have been using a super budget kenwood sub for almost 15 years now...but going by online reviews and comments on this forum velodyne, BIC or sonodyne roar subs are good...check what fits in your budget...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any thought on polk , wharfdale subs ?

Just make sure you get LCR from same brand/family...

Take a look @ Taga Harmony from hifimart.com - Subwoofer : TAGA Harmony TSW-90 v.3 Active Subwoofer

i was planning to get BA A25/26 from HFM and denon fron local dealer and yet to decide on sub

Or else should get wharf L & R ,, not planning to go for centre as of now.

Any suggestion ?

Also someone please tell en a place in coimbatore where i can get denon 1200X and SUB

In case i cant get , what which brand would you suggest for LCR ? does BA have LCR ?

Hi

Celester340 is using a Denon 520BT...using POLK RTi A1 Bookshelf speakers along with Polk DSP PRO550 subwoofer....he is enjoying his experience....He was also inclined to Bostons and Dalis....finally after our guidance and recommendations, he made a good choice within budget....ProFx ropes in 10-15% discount on mrp...

Upto you to decide now....

i was planning to get BA A25/26 from HFM and denon fron local dealer and yet to decide on sub

Any suggestion ?

Also someone please tell en a place in coimbatore where i can get denon 1200X and SUB

In case i cant get , what which brand would you suggest for LCR ? does BA have LCR ?
BA has A225C for the centre channel...

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Buy it from profx, 3000 more will give you warranty and peace of mind.!

Any suggestion ?

If you are not planing on center now, you can very well go for BA 26... You can order the sub too from HFM...

Any specific reason for Denon? How abt Pioneer ?

Buy it from profx, 3000 more will give you warranty and peace of mind.!

Yes true.

If you are not planing on center now, you can very well go for BA 26... You can order the sub too from HFM...

Any specific reason for Denon? How abt Pioneer ?

I heard denon room correction is better than others.

I dont mind getting pioneer if its better than denon , any suggestion ?

Got a quote from profx coimbatore

for front , POLK TSX 220B

for sub its either POLK PRO 550 or C4SUB from KEF

Since i am planning to get it through EMI , i thought to get most of the items from one place.

Please help me whether to get bookself speakers from here hifimart , which are on sale , ie BA 25/26 or Wharf

Also how are the above mentioned two subs ? Is KEF good ?

Biggest drawback for me is i cant audition any of these anytime soon :(

Hi,

IMHO, rather than the TSX220s I would trip on RTI A1 which costs 1k more....sound is much more amazing and better...

For subs, definitely the dsp pro 550 as it's a 12 inch better amp and more freqs

ProFx ropes in discounts...dont forget to ask for it..

Thanks efernad1

Since i cant get all items with one payment for now , i have to go for EMI , so do you think there is huge difference between TSX220 and RTI A1 ?

Thanks for the advice on Sub , i was worried about it , as i was eyeing on sondyne roar series or wharfdale , how do they compare to polk ?

So i will be getting almost 90K worth from profx , already he has given me discount from MRP in the quote

here are the following

denon x1200 53,400 >>> 47400
Polk TSX 220 20K >>> 17K
POLK 550 35K >>> 29K

Do you think these prices are good or should i negotiate further ?>

Since i dont have time ,i cant negotiate now :(

But if you feel price can be reduced further i will do.

POLK sub is 10" from the specification

I checked both ts220 and RTI A1 , can you tell me more about the difference ?

both have almost same specs , frequency range differs

Any specific reason to get RTI a1 ?

Hi

Tell ProFx to give you the RTI A1s for 17k......yes the cone material of the speaker, the cabinet type etc and also the quality of components used in the cross over network....that's what makes it better and more refined.

Product- PROFX

Both speakers seem more or less same in looks, there is a difference!

The AVR is on the higher side....he should ideally give it for 43k types as that is the rate and Denon has launched the X1300 which will be out shortly.....

Yes apologies...550 is 10 inch...here is quick compare and you will know the difference in power and cone material

Product- PROFX

If you still want to consider other subs, look at Boston Acoustics ASW650 or ASW250 or BIC America F12 or Hii100.

Hi

Tell ProFx to give you the RTI A1s for 17k......yes the cone material of the speaker, the cabinet type etc and also the quality of components used in the cross over network....that's what makes it better and more refined.

Product- PROFX

Both speakers seem more or less same in looks, there is a difference!

The AVR is on the higher side....he should ideally give it for 43k types as that is the rate and Denon has launched the X1300 which will be out shortly.....

Yes apologies...550 is 10 inch...here is quick compare and you will know the difference in power and cone material

Product- PROFX

If you still want to consider other subs, look at Boston Acoustics ASW650 or ASW250 or BIC America F12 or Hii100.

Thanks a lot , will ask him to change to RTI A1..

I will try to negotiate the price . If i want something outside from profx then i have to get it in full cash , which i cant do right now :( so do you think 550 is more than enough wrt VFM ? or should i go for other brand ?

Also he is asking 5K for delivery and installation ... should i go with it ? or shall i do the wiring myself , already i have a 14 AWG wires running for my sub and rear speakers.

I had passive sub before , what kind of wires do i need now ?

Since i am planning to use old front as rear speakers now , should i have to change anything and what about new front book self speakers ? should i have to change the wiring or should i have to add and new connector ?

Hi

You can do the wiring yourself, there is enough guidance and videos available over the net.

You will need a shielded subwoofer cable, order one from amazon (Blue Rigger 6 feet = Rs 450/- odd, depending on sub distance from AVR, purchase accordingly) damn good VFM cable.

You can use your old fronts as REAR speakers for now till you update....better run audyssey for appropriate calibration...14 AWG is fine.

Don't rush for the setup, do it properly and accurately so that nothing gets missed out...

You may need cables to connect the RTI A1s in front, according use existing ones or purchase how much length you need.

8hz of bass is not really going to affect your satisfaction at all, once you calibrate and hear the RTIs with this sub(the sub has a remote I guess), you will be blown away...

Again best performance depends on what are your playback sources, quality of music files or movie files being played....Its all like a maths equation, all components and stuff need to be appropriate to arrive at a proper result.

This means good speaker wires, good files for playback (CDs / MP3s), HDMI Cables, Subwoofer Cables, Good Source players, etc etc...

Why spend for delivery + installation, do it yourself, take someone with you....

All the best....

@efernand1

Thanks for your detailed reply , much appreciated.

The rear end of 550 sub

747192120245_7.jpg

I need to get one wire alone right ?

Amazon.in: Buy BlueRigger Dual Shielded Subwoofer Audio RCA Cable with Gold plated connectors (35 Feet / 10.5 Meters) Online at Low Prices in India | BlueRigger Reviews & Ratings

or do i need two ? sorry for noob question.

Also to which input should i connect both in sub and in my avr ?

Last time it was very simple with my HTIB 3200, this time it has many options like pre-out and all , to which input and output should i connect ?

also for RTIA1 ,

14ih4qa.jpg

Last time in my front there were only one pair for post and neg , this time it has two input in the back of RTIA1 , currently i have run only one pair of wire to fronts , should i run one more , if so kindly suggest a good wire for these , from amazon or flipkart.

Hi,

For the sub, put switch on as Use as LFE and put one end of the subwoofer shielded cable in that...the other end of the subwoofer cable should go to the avr which would have LFE out or subwoofer out port.

The RTIs have Bi Amp facility where if you are using a 7.1 avr, you can assign the remaining 2 channels as BI AMP and provide power separately to the HF and LF of the RTI. This achieves better performance..logically then you will need to run 2 sets of wires for each side...for now would suggest to run one set of wires AWG 14 or 16 for each side.

Check with ProFx how much they are selling speaker wires for as on Amazon, there is minimum 50 feet bundles available unless you are planning to change all speakers wiring..its your call to decide...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back