My Own Harbeth’s + JBL's.... 3 Way Passive Speakers

Always an excitement to know and read about amazing works @sadik does. He explains all the things in such detail and sequential.manner. Shares information about the drivers and the fabrication process and the tools used. All those pics and images of the build journey.
Reading his posts is like listening to symphony even before his work his over. Had pleasure to listen to one of his creations for long time. Amazing as it is.
His mastery over his skills is unique.

Moving this built as slow as a snail. I am still yet to give a finish look for my enclosures. Not getting much time to carry on work on my own speakers. I may need to lay back for a while and finish my own speakers as early as possible.

So here is some update. In mean time I decided to make stands for my enclosures.The Height is around 550 mm without Spikes and with spikes it will be around 600mm. I have selected teak wood (Sudan) for same the thickness of block is 2.5 Inch x 2 Inch, Its an overkill with respect to the weight of enclosure, But i like to keep the things muscular... ;)

Below are some photos of the work completed till now.
IMG_20210106_192113.jpgIMG_20210106_192145.jpg

Edit:
The Assembly is completed and now moving up with Stain and polish process. I must admit ... None of the wood can beat TEAK when it comes to the texture.
IMG_20210119_101806.jpgIMG_20210119_101817.jpgIMG_20210119_101823.jpgIMG_20210119_103028.jpg
After applying a little stain just look at the texture... its a real beauty.......:)

IMG_20210119_103045.jpg

I am not doing this process. I got a help from a carpenter. Actually my office is under renovation and polish work of furniture was going on today so got my stuff also polished along" But Final P U Matt clear coat will be done by me with spray gun.

Moderator's note:
Please avoid use of vernacular which is against forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
)Sadik get the polish done too (veneer portion););)
Right Now the speakers are busy doing their job in my room ... :p "

Moderator's note:
Please avoid use of vernacular which is against forum rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Admirable , thoughtful work !! Bravo !! Very well done.

One thought :

An almost free possible optimization experiment Sadik :

What would happen, sonically, if all the entire distance of the speaker leads, amp to crossover and crossover to drivers, had their polarities not touching each other? Just pull apart the two molded polarities where they are co-joined during manufacture, and distance the positive and negative speaker lead wires? " No touch " each other, ............. at all.

I usually hear it as an " openess " in the highs, a better sense of the venue's recorded space, and in slightly cleaner and better dynamics. If my amp to driver voice coil leads touch each other in ONE location, I usually , almost subconsciously, can tell there is a system degrade of playback. A loss of air and system presence.

Perhaps, ( I do not know, TRY it and tell us all ) the same may apply on your less sensitive speakers !! We would all learn something . Mine are 103 dB , two-way horn loaded, so it is telling of such.

Again, nice job !!

Jeff

One other implementation detail :

The speaker wires, resting on the rug, are a degrade. Energy is being lost in transmission !! Raise them off the rug, suspended in free air with non-plastic materials. Why not a series of chop-stick tripods held together by a natural cotton thread ? Just listen to that, before and after. :)

Better sounding ?? Better music energy-delivery to the drivers ???

Read on-line Mapleshade Audio, "Wire Management", written by Mr. Pierre Sprey. He is correct - in my listening experiences. Have fun.

Last edited:
Its beautiful and awesome done!
Great job!

I have to ask about your drill, I'm planning to add new drill and I checked article here to select between Bosch and Dewalt, But Your post also one year old So I thought ask you about How's the working Makita drill?

May be its helping me to compare with above.

Its beautiful and awesome done!
Great job!

I have to ask about your drill, I'm planning to add new drill and I checked article here to select between Bosch and Dewalt, But Your post also one year old So I thought ask you about How's the working Makita drill?

May be its helping me to compare with above.
You can go with Makita. Its one of the best brand in power tools.

Update,

I am just checking the fitment of Drivers, I didnt expect them to look so beautiful.
1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg

Measurements will be done soon to make a proper Cross Over. Originally these enclosures were tumed for 35 Hz, but now after getting some experiences from my earlier designs I have changed the tuning frequency of enclosures to 40 Hz, considering room gain i think they may go as low as 35hz or may be even below.

Sadik

Update,

I am just checking the fitment of Drivers, I didnt expect them to look so beautiful.
View attachment 64901
View attachment 64902
View attachment 64903
View attachment 64904
View attachment 64905
Great going Sadik bhai

Measurements will be done soon to make a proper Cross Over. Originally these enclosures were tumed for 35 Hz, but now after getting some experiences from my earlier designs I have changed the tuning frequency of enclosures to 40 Hz, considering room gain i think they may go as low as 35hz or may be even below.

Sadik

Great going Sadik bhai

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back