my setup

Mukesh Bahri

Samsung 46 LED / Quad 909 amplifier / Quad 99 pre amp / AAD Phil Jones Vi 860 Tower Drivers / Creek evolution CD player / Yamaha RX 457 reciever / Space 6.1 home theatre / Sony DVD player

Samsung 46 LED / Quad 909 amplifier / Quad 99 pre amp / AAD Phil Jones Vi 860 Tower Drivers / Creek evolution CD player / Yamaha RX 457 reciever / Space 6.1 home theatre / Sony DVD player

dear - mukesh bahri - you are having dream life - enjoying the purchase of these different items - all single best items available in india full throughout -

how you are having so much money? - and surely, you are having the wonderful house with electricity connection and water supply - wonderful car - and also -very fair and beautiful life partner - you are lucky guy.

when you are so lucky - do not forget to give donation to needy-

dear - mukesh bahri - you are having dream life - enjoying the purchase of these different items - all single best items available in india full throughout -

how you are having so much money? - and surely, you are having the wonderful house with electricity connection and water supply - wonderful car - and also -very fair and beautiful life partner - you are lucky guy.

when you are so lucky - do not forget to give donation to needy-

I wonder where is the Line, I hope this does not end up like the "Scratched Ribs" thread's fate.... :D :D

dear Suri,
am quite humbled by your post. all the gadgets mentioned in my post have been painstakingly purchased after years of savings,wait and research to be able to have a dream audio video set up.and though my lord made me wait a good 20 years, but i did not let my passion for good sound die with age. Yes i waited till i earned and saved enough to be able to have the best.:):)

by the way, you are right about the house, water , electricity and the most beautiful wife, kids and a lovely labrador retreiver.

will share the audio details wrt to my wheels in my next post :lol:

thanks and regards
mukesh

Attachments

• 09052010006.jpg
    09052010006.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,066
  • 09052010002.jpg
    09052010002.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • 09052010009.jpg
    09052010009.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 1,056
dear Suri,
am quite humbled by your post. all the gadgets mentioned in my post have been painstakingly purchased after years of savings,wait and research to be able to have a dream audio video set up.and though my lord made me wait a good 20 years, but i did not let my passion for good sound die with age. Yes i waited till i earned and saved enough to be able to have the best.:):)

by the way, you are right about the house, water , electricity and the most beautiful wife, kids and a lovely labrador retreiver.

thanks and regards
mukesh

Are you Mukesh Bahri from ITC? If true then I need to pinch myself.

@anm

Have heard these speakers a few times here in chennai with NAD pre power& Nad CDP,They are pretty decent for the price and Quite well built.

The one i heard had done abt 50 hours, so if they improve after the suggested break in then it must a real good value for money speaker.

I am guessing the OP must have anywhere around 60-70 k for a pair.

hi venu and anm,

I had actually zeroed on to Monitor RS6 / RX 6 and had fixed up an appointment with the dealer in south mumbai for an audition. It was during the audition that when i expressed my dissapointment at monitors bass delivery / punch that i was introduced / offered AAD.

I intially auditioned the Vi 630, but when i was offered Vi860 i knewthis is what i was looking for. The towers convey extremly powerful sound at low volumes. It reproduces detail and clarity with pefect tonal balance. They are designed for rooms which are => 400 sqft size

Rear port firing ,two 8' inch woofers in thick baffle reproduce very deep bass notes delivering precise articulate sound for any listening choice. The composite designed tweeter accurately reproduces beyond 30khz without fatigue.

The Vi860 towers actually cost 90k, but i got an excellent deal from the distributor as one of the towers had a small dent on its rear wood panel during its transit. It cost me 60k all incl with delivery in kolkata :)

Specs : 3Way/sensitivity 91dB/impedence 6 ohm/power 20 - 300w/ weight 43 kg/Drivers -1 dome tweeter, mid 1x6.5inch kevlar and carbon fiber transmission-loaded midrange and 2x8 inch composite cone woofer

thanks and regards
mukesh

Hi Mukesh , Very good set up and hope you are enjoying the setup very much. One small suggestion though , try keeping the amplifier and the Pre / CDP separately and dont stake it on top of another. This may save the equipment from the Kolkatta heat.

dear Suri,

thanks and regards
mukesh

hi mukesh - cannot understand why you are humbled by post - i should be the one humbled by your pursuit and fulfilment of your dream re your audio-video set-up - and yes, the good lord works in mysterious ways his .......etc.

in addition to the audio details of your ride - share details of the ride itself.

please post one picture of your labrador - what is the name?

regards:)

electricity and

you have an electricity connection - but have been reading about the heat and the power crisis in your parts -

Power cuts cripple Kolkata

I suppose you must have a power generator to keep your lab cool! - seeing that the chief minister has asked that air-conditioners are not to be used between 6pm and 10pm - and also to listen to your audio/video system.

regards
suri

hi suri,

am sharing pic of my dear Bruno who gives me more joy thru his undivided attention than my audio video toys :)

regarding my wheels - they are safari dicor 2.2, swift and a yezdi :yahoo:

the safari is driven by apart from its turbo engine, jvc ax33 hu, rainbow components, kenwood amp and 12"hammer sub.

thanks and regards
mukesh

Attachments

• DSC00398.jpg
    DSC00398.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 396
hi suri,

am sharing pic of my dear Bruno who gives me more joy thru his undivided attention than my audio video toys :)

regarding my wheels - they are safari dicor 2.2, swift and a yezdi :yahoo:

the safari is driven by apart from its turbo engine, jvc ax33 hu, rainbow components, kenwood amp and 12"hammer sub.

thanks and regards
mukesh

Bruno is adorable! - he must be 9 months- 14 months old?

and the yezdi - how are you getting spare parts for that classic bike for the blades of the 75s?

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back