my tsi 500 arrived but????

manu4panjab

here's my tsi 500 i'm very very happy with all my polk set up now my front stage is two times more wider than polk tsi 400
unpacked it at my garage
Mypics798.jpg

i got two question

first for tsi 500 dimension on polk site its dimensions are depth 17 inch width 8 inch and height 44 inch but when i got it today its dimensions are 44 inch height 8 inch width but its depth is 14 inch so whats the deal here is polk write 17 inch depth by mistake or what

so guys you have to help me out in these dimension probs can some one properly confirm what the big deal with it

and my second question is

i still use onkyo av receiver that comes with onkyo 5100 htib it only has crossover setting for subwoofer so when first i set it to 80 hz with its own 5100 htib speakers i got very good bass but now all my speakers are polk including two subs when i set it to 80 hz i can hear very vey little bass but when i set it to 40 hz bass is wow (crossover frequency for sub only 40 to 200 hz)

so what with these two question :sad:

please reply

Last edited:
here's my tsi 500 i'm very very happy with all my polk set up now my front stage is two times more wider than polk tsi 400
unpacked it at my garage
Mypics798.jpg

i got two question

first for tsi 500 dimension on polk site its dimensions are depth 17 inch width 8 inch and height 44 inch but when i got it today its dimensions are 44 inch height 8 inch width but its depth is 14 inch so whats the deal here is polk write 17 inch depth by mistake or what

so guys you have to help me out in these dimension probs can some one properly confirm what the big deal with it

and my second question is

i still use onkyo av receiver that comes with onkyo 5100 htib it only has crossover setting for subwoofer so when first i set it to 80 hz with its own 5100 htib speakers i got very good bass but now all my speakers are polk including two subs when i set it to 80 hz i can hear very vey little bass but when i set it to 40 hz bass is wow (crossover frequency for sub only 40 to 200 hz)

so what with these two question :sad:

please reply

Manu paji, you are getting all these big bad speakers:clapping: and subwoofers, but why are you still sticking with the onkyo 5100 avr??

Its high time you went in for a much more powerful avr!:yahoo:

Are you using the two sub set up even now with the tsi 500?

Answers:

1. Pro FX website mentions depth as 14.75 inches. You will need to measure with front grill on. Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

2. With your new crossover setting of 40HZ in your AVR, the sub will play freq only below 40HZ. Your towers handle frequency from 40HZ onwards. So you may have selected correct setting for now, more over you can hear it's sounding good...

But what actually you need to do is get a more powerful AVR to drive these monsters.

My question:
Isn't this speaker little too big to be installed in your car?:eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
Not if you remove the steering wheel. Fits in the front row ... :D

Cheers

Why not install on back seat instead?
Or you think 2 towers will be installed? One on back seat and one on front seat?
I was confused because I saw only one tower:D:D

Manu paji, you are getting all these big bad speakers:clapping: and subwoofers, but why are you still sticking with the onkyo 5100 avr??

Its high time you went in for a much more powerful avr!:yahoo:

Are you using the two sub set up even now with the tsi 500?

i can't decide which av rceiver to choose

yup i use two polk psw 125 too

bro you have to come to my place to check tsi500 its baaaaaaaaaaaaam :eek:hyeah:

Answers:

1. Pro FX website mentions depth as 14.75 inches. You will need to measure with front grill on. Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

2. With your new crossover setting of 40HZ in your AVR, the sub will play freq only below 40HZ. Your towers handle frequency from 40HZ onwards. So you may have selected correct setting for now, more over you can hear it's sounding good...

But what actually you need to do is get a more powerful AVR to drive these monsters.

My question:
Isn't this speaker little too big to be installed in your car?:eek:hyeah:

you are right bro its 14.75 inches

so you mean to say at 40 hz its right .i am definetly hear shakalaka boom boom bass at 40 hz :D but if i choose 80 or it higher crossover fequency 200 hz bass is toooooo thin
bro tsi 500 not for my car :) they are fro my ht:eek:hyeah:
i stil can't decide which av receiver to choose

any suggestion:licklips:

Why not install on back seat instead?
Or you think 2 towers will be installed? One on back seat and one on front seat?
I was confused because I saw only one tower:D:D

:D bro at that time i already took one in ht so i took pic of second one just to show my new tsi 500 :eek:hyeah:

also in two channel stereo mode they have very great bass

also please tell me is it true that two channel stereo listening mean only two front towers playing not subwoofers

please rpely on this ques

you are right bro its 14.75 inches

so you mean to say at 40 hz its right .i am definetly hear shakalaka boom boom bass at 40 hz :D but if i choose 80 or it higher crossover fequency 200 hz bass is toooooo thin
bro tsi 500 not for my car :) they are fro my ht:eek:hyeah:
i stil can't decide which av receiver to choose

any suggestion:licklips:

I don't have much idea on AVRs. 6 months back I was once impressed with Pioneer 1018 selling for around 32K in grey market.

also please tell me is it true that two channel stereo listening mean only two front towers playing not subwoofers

please rpely on this ques

I think so. That's how we always used to listen to stereo.
In Onkyo AVR even if you choose "Stereo" it plays 2.1:confused:

no brother when i choose stereo only tsi 500s play not two polk subs :)

thats because of your crossover settings for your front speakers. Try listining to your speakers with the crossover setting of Full band for the front speakers and turning the double bass on,also set the Lef frequency to 120hz, in this mode the low frequency would go to your front speakers as well as your subwoofers and you would hear double bass.

The other way of doing this is to turn the subwoofer option in your amplifier to off or none then instead of connecting your subwoofer to the sub pre out, connect them by running a pair of speaker wire from avr's front speakers terminal to your sub speaker in terminal and then connect your front speakers from the speakers out terminal of your sub and use the crossover settings on the back of the subwoofer to optimise the bass settings.

Why cant you try separate monoblock poweramps for powering the front L/C/R and the rest with the avr. I think this will be better than another avr. I think you can get get good ones in 50K to 1L range. Experts comment required about the pricing. Also what are you going to do with the existing towers, try for a separate 2 channel music setup or use it for surrounds.

my 595 onkyo has a DIRECT mode that runs only L/R speakers and in STEREO mode it kicks up the sub as well.

regards

I think so. That's how we always used to listen to stereo.
In Onkyo AVR even if you choose "Stereo" it plays 2.1:confused:

Why cant you try separate monoblock poweramps for powering the front L/C/R and the rest with the avr. I think this will be better than another avr. I think you can get get good ones in 50K to 1L range. Experts comment required about the pricing. Also what are you going to do with the existing towers, try for a separate 2 channel music setup or use it for surrounds.

which monoblocks please suggest ,i use towers for ht purpose

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back