My upgraded home theatre setup

venk61176

View attachment 8049

View attachment 8050

View attachment 8051

Its been hard work not easy [Money, Time, Stress, Home minister being upset]

Overall I am happy with sound experience and the way it has turned out. major learning, few frustrations

- Sourced AA grade rubberwood panels from Kerala, somehow I like acoustic response from rubberwood.

I wanted proper cherry polish with french coat on both sides, the polish wallah messed it up and presented completely different colors on two sides:mad:. Should have gone for PU coat on a modern color, no color matching issues

Except for polish everything went smooth.

Thanks
Venkat

Last edited:
On the single bed ..... hehe .... 2nd pic ...

The centre needs to be accomodated someplace else .... currently infringing on the line of TV-sight.

Last edited:
Yes they do and would have been more happy with proper polish finish,

Few more items planned

Thanks
Venkat

Last edited:
Polish normally is a huge risk because labor people have no clue how to polish. Theyll ruin the wood then say aisa hi hota hai (This is how it's supposed to be)

My family had a lot of polish work to be done and we left our stuff unpolished for nearly 6 years because we couldnt find a polishguy of some skill. Even he was just barely 30% on key of requirement but better than -50%. The problem in gurgaon/delhi is they all charge like they're from new york city and deliver like it's a piece of furniture from a red light district.

Eitherways congrats on setup, forget the rest and now enjoy =)

Last edited:
Suggest that you either lift the TV by some 6" or so or mount the center speaker on top of the TV.

nice.. just try to see if the center can come underneath the TV with about an inch to spare atleast.

do post a pic of your stereo rig too..

mpw

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back