My vintage beauties!!

Shafic, that Quad amp and power amp is a golden combo... you should send the preamp and poweramp for a parts upgrade.... even the crossover parts in the Tannoy Gold monitors should be re-capped / upgraded!

the sq will become even more amazing!

Thanks Manav,

I have an additional Quad 22 pre amp for backup n spares.

you should send the preamp and poweramp for a parts upgrade..

Cool idea!! How can i go about it. Any suggestions pls.

regards,

shafic

My TANNOYS!!

Recently my long time "tamanna" became a reality, i have got a perfect pair of "TANNOY GOLD 12' speakers in HUGE cabinets with original crossovers.

Pleasant surprise! Turns out this isn't a 12 incher at all! It's a 15. Last night Shafic and self jointly busted the already rickety plywood rear baffle of one of the speakers, and we were surprised to read the label "xx/HF/15/8". I measured the diameter and it was definitely way more than the foot ruler I had on hand. So I guess this is the end of diameter envy (to borrow Lorde's "post code envy") for him:)

Thanks to "Joshua" the explorer!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: I knew he is great 'DIY'ian, now i have also come to know that he is a great explorer too.:D

Logging in today after a looong break!!

Pleasant surprise! Turns out this isn't a 12 incher at all! It's a 15. Last night Shafic and self jointly busted the already rickety plywood rear baffle of one of the speakers, and we were surprised to read the label "xx/HF/15/8". I measured the diameter and it was definitely way more than the foot ruler I had on hand. So I guess this is the end of diameter envy (to borrow Lorde's "post code envy") for him:)

Amazing!! Great going!!

Hi,

QUAD II MONO BLOCKS & QUAD 22 PRE AMPLIFIER.

After a long search. last week i got these QUADS!!

The power tubes are KT 66. Simple & elegant looks.

Clean and very sweet sounding amplifier.

Quote:
you should send the preamp and poweramp for a parts upgrade..
Cool idea!! How can i go about it. Any suggestions pls.

Shafic, any progress with the Quad II/22 restoration?

Regards
Rajiv

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back