My vintage beauties!!

I once had the same model both in black and one in silver. The phono of the silver Nad 3020 was superb. One of my friends came to buy a Creek amp but wanted to listen to the silver 3020. The guy was floored by the silver 3020 . I told him the silver is not for sale but my friend said either the the Silver 3020 or no sale. I sold it to him on a condition that I will give him a better amp. Till date, none of the other amps in that price range has suited him. The sad part is that he does not use the phono at all. i believe the silver is made for the Italian market.. It's truly a legendary amplifier.

wow !!! NEVER seen a silver NAD !!!

Hi Prem - While I was on the search for a 3020, I was fortunate to get a mint and untouched 3020i. I did happen to see a few 3020s however like the others mentioned they were heavily abused and the internals were serviced and quite a few parts were changed and because of this I opted out.

I yet to auditing the 3020 and should a mint and stock piece come by, I will definitely pick it up. I have been very happy with the 3020i as this pairs extremely well with my setup and to my listening tastes.

Cheers...

Having said all this, make no mistake about the fact that the 3020i is the most modern version of the 3020 series. I am personally of the belief that the later the version, the better it is, as the manufacturer would have corrected the defects and disadvantages of the previous models. Personally i would say that the 3020i is the best of the series but I was quite keen to get an original looking 3020 for myself, for nostalgia's sake (Dad had the 1020A with the original NAD 3020 cabinet design). Even if you get yourself another 3020 version at this point, you are not likely to tell the difference. On another note, the 3020e and 3020i are the most reliable of the 3020 series. The original 3020s had a reputation of being unreliable (one friend of mine even noticed channel disparity, and had to keep changing the position of the balance control every week).

I have a NAD 7020 receiver which has the same circuit as the NAD 3020 but with a receiver . It has some issues and is right now with my with my service guy. The receiver of this NAD was good and the phono was excellent. I have a NAD 7155 which is another excellent NAD model made in Japan with 55 wpc and with capacitance selector and 4 ohms and 8 ohms tapping. It is one of my all time favorite amplifier. It has a MM/MC option also. It used to match my Denon 103 cart very well.

Sorry Shaffic,

I could not resist after seeing your sale section of yamha NS 1000.. So you are parting it in just few days...;););):rolleyes:

Regards

YAMAHA NS 1000 MONITOR

Yesterday i got these beauties!! Cosmetically not in very good condition but acceptable. All drivers are in excellent working condition. Excellent imaging and stereophonic sound!! Awesome!!

Recently i told my FM friend that "i will not add any more speakers to my collection due to space problem". But when i saw these beauties i couldn't control my temptation. I grabbed them.

I remember the famous TAMIL quote "Pirasava vairaikiyam" in this situation.:lol:

regds,

shafic

Yamaha NS 1000M speakers available for sale. Expected price Rs 42K, Including packing. Shipping will be buyers cost n risk.

I recently purchased these excellent speakers from a first owner. The speaker's cosmetic condition is 7/10. Few small chips came out from some places, but the overall condition is good. All drivers are in perfect working condition. No voice coil rub of woofers even in high volumes. The BERILIUM tweeters and mid range units are perfectly playing. The Balance ( Mids and highs) knobs of the both speakers working fine. Never opened and the speakers are in original condition. Sounds excellent. No issues.

FISHER 800T:- Rare vintage Amplifier

The FISHER 800T integrated amp/receiver has one issue. The FM not working. It can be fixed easily.Two of the ICs ( FM section) are to be replaced. The ICs are available at Element 14, Bangalore. I got the reply and quote ( Rs 1100/- for 2 ICs including shipping) last year ( still available) but the purchase did not materialize due to some mood shifting ( i am not a FM fan). Apart from this issue the amplifier is in perfect working condition. 75+75 RMS watts per channel. It is in original condition.
Expected price Rs 14K. Shipping will be buyers cost.

Thank you Shaficbhai.

Just won a bet with another fm regarding the Yamahas being put up for sale.
Have a bet on KEFs also, as you like the ALNICO tone more than the CERAMIC tone.;):eek:hyeah:

Best Regards,

Ending for everybody is Alinco.. Till that change the hands...:p

Thank you Shaficbhai.

Just won a bet with another fm regarding the Yamahas being put up for sale.
Have a bet on KEFs also, as you like the ALNICO tone more than the CERAMIC tone.;):eek:hyeah:

Best Regards,

My TANNOYS!!

Recently my long time "tamanna" became a reality, i have got a perfect pair of "TANNOY GOLD 12' speakers in HUGE cabinets with original crossovers.

At first i connected with my SCOTT 72B tube amplifier. The sound was nice n warm.

Then few days later i arranged some space for them and connected with MARANTZ 1060 SS amp. The sound is so clean. But very thin bass. Maybe amp + speaker mismatch.

Now listening with McIntosh MC 2505 + Lyrita tube pre combination. Lot of improvement in bass section. Deep bass and very clean mids and highs. But i want something more from these wonderful speakers.

Will try with QUADS II & 22 later. I know my living room is too small for these huge cabs. Have to juggle for some more space.

Here are some pics.

regds,
shafic

Last edited:
wow, looks Pretty!!!

Thanks!! Yusuf bhai!!.

Previous owner used these wonderful speakers as a teapoy!!:lol: He made a heavy n nice glass top for this purpose. I also got them as a gift.:D

I brought them w/o checking on trust as he did not have amplifier. The risk taken by me has paid off.

Thanks!! Yusuf bhai!!.

Previous owner used these wonderful speakers as a teapoy!!:lol: He made a heavy n nice glass top for this purpose. I also got them as a gift.:D

I brought them w/o checking on trust as he did not have amplifier. The risk taken by me has paid off.

Shafic,
TANNOY GOLD as a gift is a "Gift from God". If one sincerely wish, God will make that happen some day.
Nice looking cool setup.

I've heard the Tannoy MR 12 inch versions and somehow they did not click for me (this was during a visit to the UK). Possibly they were not being driven adequately. To my ears they "tonked" a lot but they sure are a magnificent set of speakers.

Shafic,
TANNOY GOLD as a gift is a "Gift from God". If one sincerely wish, God will make that happen some day.
Nice looking cool setup.

Anil,

Thanks for your kind words.

I am not a religious person but "GOD" always helps me. Sometimes it surprises me.

regds,
shafic

I've heard the Tannoy MR 12 inch versions and somehow they did not click for me (this was during a visit to the UK). Possibly they were not being driven adequately. To my ears they "tonked" a lot but they sure are a magnificent set of speakers.

Agreed!! They need right cabinets,amplification and placement. Vintage 'Tannoys' have their own signature. If everything is optimal they will sing. May be i can't enjoy them at their best in my tiny listening room. Now i realize the fact that may be even my dream Altec project may face this same situation.

regds,
shafic

Have listened Tannoy with Quad II and 22 combo till 2am today. Boy!! what a sweet sounding combination!!. Even in the low volume, the bass is full and very sweet mids n clean highs. The sound stage was very narrow as there is only 2 feet distance between both speakers. Good combination.

regds,
shafic

Shafic, that Quad amp and power amp is a golden combo... you should send the preamp and poweramp for a parts upgrade.... even the crossover parts in the Tannoy Gold monitors should be re-capped / upgraded!

the sq will become even more amazing!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back