My vintage beauties!!

Hi Shafic
Good that you are enjoying your vintage collection. You have enough of it to host a "Vintage Audio Meet" at your home. :D My visit is due too..

Thanks for the welcome. What is the entry fee you are planning to charge for a visit to a vintage audio museum

Thanks for the welcome. What is the entry fee you are planning to charge for a visit to a vintage audio museum
[/QUOTE

Your advice n interest is more than enough.

Something or the other keeps coming up without respite.

Actually i want to give you a grand welcome with a proper setup in place. Hope it will happen soon.

I am sure you will have a set up that satisfies you on all counts. You already have all the stuff. It's just about putting it together

What is the entry fee you are planning to charge for a visit to a vintage audio museum

Prem... I know you did not mean to be sarcastic but stuff in museum are generally not used - they are just exhibits... :p:D:rolleyes:

Shafic... there's nothing called proper setup. If it exists, its momentary. :cool:

Hi Santy

No I did not mean to be sarcastic. In Science museums abroad there are may exhibits which work and are interactive

Not museum... Auction house..;) Hope Shaffic is giving an good oppurtunity to all to get into vintage stuffs.

Exhibit.... hear it.. like it..throw an price to take your heartthrob.:cool:

I wonder why people are fighting for vintage vs modern.. Both are beauties, one is with with saree and one is with skirt. You love it what you want.. Personal choice matters.:p

Prem... I know you did not mean to be sarcastic but stuff in museum are generally not used - they are just exhibits... :p:D:rolleyes:

Shafic... there's nothing called proper setup. If it exists, its momentary. :cool:

Hi Santy

No I did not mean to be sarcastic. In Science museums abroad there are may exhibits which work and are interactive

Not museum... Auction house..;) Hope Shaffic is giving an good oppurtunity to all to get into vintage stuffs.

Exhibit.... hear it.. like it..throw an price to take your heartthrob.:cool:

If people like you:sad: start thinking of my home as an Auction house, i will hesitate to invite people to my home.

If i want sell anything i sell it boldly and frankly in the 'for sale' section. I don't call people home hoping they will buy something.

Yes, i am happy to help people get some good vintage stuff.

wonder why people are fighting for vintage vs modern.. Both are beauties, one is with with saree and one is with skirt. You love it what you want.. Personal choice matters

I like both, the saree and the skirt!!:D:D:D

Last edited:
Hi Shafic

See if you can get an original NAD 3020. Not the 3020 A. The original was replaced with the A because the original was discovered to have some layout faults as a result of which there was some minor crosstalk between the left and right channels. But the original had far better low level details and ambience retrieval. Even the phono stage in the original is very decent. Also the original 3020 was built to last. Another amp worth owning is the Levinson 23. A very good 200 watt solid state amp.

I was sure it would be the B139 woofer. I think in those days many built their own cabinets with your combo of KEF drivers.

In the NAD get the 1978-80 model. Not the later 80-83 model which sounds a little clinical.

Hi Shafic

See if you can get an original NAD 3020. Not the 3020 A. The original was replaced with the A because the original was discovered to have some layout faults as a result of which there was some minor crosstalk between the left and right channels. But the original had far better low level details and ambience retrieval. Even the phono stage in the original is very decent. Also the original 3020 was built to last. Another amp worth owning is the Levinson 23. A very good 200 watt solid state amp.

yes sir, now i realise i need a more powerful amp like Levinson. I will start looking.

Hi Shafic

+1 to Prem's comment

The original 3020 had 2 versions. The earliest version wherein the power tranny was bolted to the bottom chassis. There was an upgraded version of the original 3020 which came with the power tranny bolted to the back panel. These were released in both the standard NAD grey and a limited silver colours. This version of the 3020 is considered the best ever. I can vouch for this as I have heard the older one and compared it to this version and this version is without doubt, more detailed and better. The 3020A is the next series after the one I am talking about, we have the 3020A as well at home any my 3020 with the tranny bolted to the back panel, beats it hands down.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back