My vintage beauties!!

Congratulations Shafic. A long wait indeed.

BTW, still waiting for some clearer and bigger shots of the 401 :).

Thanks RP! Believe it or not i have been so busy, i have not had time to have a proper music listening session. Will post soon.

PS: Promised Tonearm pics are also pending.
regds,
shafic

Congrats Shafic :)

We have to plan our 'meet' soon :D

Looking like 1st week of next month at the earliest.

You are having way too much fun, wish we were neighbours :lol:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Thanks Denom!!

I will ask my neighbour if he will exchange with you:lol:

Sure!! we will meet.

Our last meet at 'PREM's residence was a experience to remember.

His vinyl setup is reference level. His EMT and tube amp is a heavenly combination. The confidence with which his system plays at even very high volumes, the striking midrange, the clean, deep sound and the attack is amazing.

FM 'JOSHUA' described 'PREM's system in these words "His system is a revolution".

My opinion he has achieved "vinyl nirvana". What else does one want from vinyl!!

regds,
shafic

Last edited:
Hi Shafic

It was a pleasure having you over. Based on feedback that you gave, i have made some changes to get more sweetness without losing out on speed, dynamics and attack. Post you leaving that day, Denom and i worked to improve the imaging. Denom has been a great help in giving me honest feedback from time to time to help improve the system. Yesterday Arj from the forum had come home and based on his feedback have tweaked the system a bit more to further improve transparency and cohesiveness.

So overall there has been a noticeable improvement since the last time you came home

Hi jls001

I was actually going to message you and understand what 'revolution' meant:)

Yesterday Arj from the forum had come home and based on his feedback have tweaked the system a bit more to further improve transparency and cohesiveness.
Prem, you system is at a different level and one of those systems which have managed to be Musical as well as transparent and resolving. In most systems one is always at the expense of the other, mine including :)

anyone who feels Tubes/SETs/Single drivers dont have bite must listen to this system with all of those and a bite with a growl ;)

YAMAHA NS 1000 MONITOR

Yesterday i got these beauties!! Cosmetically not in very good condition but acceptable. All drivers are in excellent working condition. Excellent imaging and stereophonic sound!! Awesome!!

Recently i told my FM friend that "i will not add any more speakers to my collection due to space problem". But when i saw these beauties i couldn't control my temptation. I grabbed them.

I remember the famous TAMIL quote "Pirasava vairaikiyam" in this situation.:lol:

regds,

shafic

Last edited:
Sir Shafic

Please leave some stuff for us, the lesser mortals. At this rate you can soon start a museum. We might be forced to go to MRTP and file a case of hoarding. Anyways, congratulations on the Yamaha NS 1000 Monitor. Its a classic

Sir Shafiq,
Thank God you started collecting this late. Otherwise, we would not have got many of the stuff we got especially from Mumbai!. Congrats and don't miss buying good vintage stuff whenever you find them. Otherwise, it may land up with scavengers.

Sir Shafic

Please leave some stuff for us, the lesser mortals. At this rate you can soon start a museum. We might be forced to go to MRTP and file a case of hoarding. Anyways, congratulations on the Yamaha NS 1000 Monitor. Its a classic

Prem sir,

Thanks!! It is a journey of love and passion for music. In the past i have earned for these but could not afford.

Sir, You have already reached the pinnacle of the journey. I am your follower.

Congrats!!!!

Serious speakers these are. I am sure these will put up serious competition to the SABAs.

great speakers!!

is that your living room? my wife would have thrown me out of home if I did that to my living room :lol:

YAMAHA NS 1000 MONITOR

Yesterday i got these beauties!! Cosmetically not in very good condition but acceptable. All drivers are in excellent working condition. Excellent imaging and stereophonic sound!! Awesome!!

Recently i told my FM friend that "i will not add any more speakers to my collection due to space problem". But when i saw these beauties i couldn't control my temptation. I grabbed them.

I remember the famous TAMIL quote "Pirasava vairaikiyam" in this situation.:lol:

regds,

shafic

Superb collection of vintage and appreciate your time to collect those, but sad to see you are letting few for sale.

Hope to hear your system when i am in mumbai... Any mumbai vintage meet proposed?

Regards

Superb collection of vintage and appreciate your time to collect those, but sad to see you are letting few for sale.

Hope to hear your system when i am in mumbai... Any mumbai vintage meet proposed?

Regards

Thanks!!

My collection is nothing much compared to those of stalwarts like Shri Rajiv, Kuruvilla sir, Mr Anilva to name a few. These gentlemen are my inspiration.

As far as letting some of them go is concerned, i get sleepless nights thinking of some of those gems like McIntosh 2105& 28, Pioneer Pax 30G, Vitavox FR, Goodmans Audiom 60.

I am very happy that i have been able to own and enjoy many vintage masterpieces which i couldn't afford in my past. I am also happy to help our fellow FMs to get some good stuff at a very reasonable price.

It helps maintain my sources and also meet my petrol expenses.:lol::lol:

You are welcome to listen to my humble systems.

regds,

shafic

Last edited:
I am very happy that i have been able to own and enjoy many vintage masterpieces which i couldn't afford in my past.

Yes indeed, same with me. My dad and I used to look up magazines and talk for hours about equipment but could never dream of owning any of these. Thanks to ebay, I now have access to these legends. Its truly amazing, how the world has changed :)

Yes indeed, same with me. My dad and I used to look up magazines and talk for hours about equipment but could never dream of owning any of these. Thanks to ebay, I now have access to these legends. Its truly amazing, how the world has changed :)

Thanks to the net!! It has opened up whole world for us.

Back