My vintage beauties!!

SIR GARRARD 401 COMES HOME!!

"YEH TOH KAMAAL HOGAYA"

Hi friends,

When i became a member of this wonderful forum, i had a Philips 242 TT. Then i purchased Pioneer PL 12 and Fisher MT 6225 studio standard TTs. Then started the TT rain.I bought any GOOD TT that came to my notice,all for personal listening.

The Garrard 301, Lenco,Thorens were on my wish list. I got 2 Lencos and a Thorens.

When a 401 became available i was hesitating for quite some time. RPs latest acquisition gave me a much needed push.If i let go of this 401 getting another would be very difficult unless you get it from abroad.I did not let go of the bird in hand for two in the bush ( 301). If it is in my destiny the 301 will also come.

This 'Vintage Beauty' comes with original Garrard arm. The previous owner listened to only 78' rpm records. Mechanically it is in perfect shape. There is provision for SME arm. The box's build quality is very sturdy so i don't need any immediate modifications.

Regards,
shafic

Congratulations Shafic and welcome to the Garrard Club :)

The 401 looks in good shape. All the best.

Cheers...

Come on Reuben!!
Waiting for you to become " LORD of the RING". I am sure it will happen soon.:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

Mubarak Ho!!
How much did you get it for?
It looks "ravishing"!
:thumbsup:

This is the extremely desirable flat strobe early 401. I did not want to invest heavily in the 301 yet so thought I need a 401 as near (in terms of age) as possible to the 301. Although I was looking for any 401 when I set out, when this came my way, I had to make a choice between the flat stobe model and the newer model from the same owner, even though he wanted significantly more for this one, I did'nt hesitate a second.

I have heard that Garrard tonearm perform. Its very under-rated. People usually associate it with mono but it is quite a capable performer. Has the retro looks too. I heard it on the Garrard Type-A. By any chance if you decide to sell it after upgrading, please let me know.

Gosh, I really missed that one. Everytime I looked at these pics, I could not stop admiring that vintage cabinet :eek:hyeah:

Every time i see that vintage cab:sad: i get worried how to make place for the furniture to house it. I am crossing my wife's tolerance limits.:D

Shafic - Some bigger pictures and more angles of the 401 will be great. Upload via image shack etc.

Have you started play already?

reubensm
Re: My vintage beauties!!
I have heard that Garrard tonearm perform. Its very under-rated. People usually associate it with mono but it is quite a capable performer. Has the retro looks too. I heard it on the Garrard Type-A. By any chance if you decide to sell it after upgrading, please let me know.

Sorry friends,
I didn't notice these replies till today.:sad:

Reuben,
Will definitely let you know if i decide to change it. Any way i am going to use it for 78s ( I am starting to collect them now).;)

RP,
I will post some more pics soon.

Congrats Shafic :)

We have to plan our 'meet' soon :D

Looking like 1st week of next month at the earliest.

You are having way too much fun, wish we were neighbours :lol:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back