My vintage beauties!!

My vintage beauty!! TECHNICS SL 1100A

BEAST AND THE BEAUTY!!

Few months ago i got this TT in very bad cosmetic condition but it was working fine. Recently i got some time and did some DIY work. The final touch ,some drawings and small repair works are still pending. Here are some pics of the 'BEAST becomes a 'BEAUTY'.

Regds,
shafic

Last edited:
simply unbelievable - an outstanding TT like this truly deserves an owner like you

on another note, I wonder why the original owner kept it in such bad condition, looks like it was rescued from a concentration camp for turntables :)

I have seen some real good vintage in Delhi as well, thanks to the out flow from returning embassy staff

My nephew in Delhi picked up a beautiful Korean Piano for Rs50 K when the lesser known model was arranged by me for someone for Rs1.2 lakhs. So I envy the guys with contacts in Delhi.

Fantastic!!
Congratulations!!! :clapping:

My vintage beauty!! TECHNICS SL 1100A

BEAST AND THE BEAUTY!!

Few months ago i got this TT in very bad cosmetic condition but it was working fine. Recently i got some time and did some DIY work. The final touch ,some drawings and small repair works are still pending. Here are some pics of the 'BEAST becomes a 'BEAUTY'.

Regds,
shafic

simply unbelievable - an outstanding TT like this truly deserves an owner like you

on another note, I wonder why the original owner kept it in such bad condition, looks like it was rescued from a concentration camp for turntables :)

Thanks Reuben!!

Looks like it was abandoned by the original owner. I got it from a dealer. I decided to keep this in my collection. It sounds absolutely fantastic and it has fulfilled my yearning for SL 1200.

My next project is CLD for L75 and ALTEC MONO setup.

Thanks sir,

Your Dual 1019 is waiting for you along with some LPs from your wish list!!

Thanks so much!

sir,

If i had the space, may be i would have ended up making a vintage asylum!!:D

I can vouch for that. The amazing things Shafic has in his modest home, fighting for space among themselves and with Shafic and his family! :clapping:

Last month when i got the LYRITA Audio's pre amp and power mono blocks ( which i shared with FM Dr. Abhijit Wadekar. He took the mono blocks for his Tannoys and i took the pre for myself.) from the Parsi gentleman friend, he told me that he also had matching speakers at his LONAVLA bungalow. After a request from him, today i arranged to get the HUGE cabinets. Since there is no model no, i thought they were just a custom made simple pair.

When i connected them with my SANSUI amp and started to listen to my test songs CD. I was blown away. What a sound!!, the sweet mids, crystal clean highs and thundering bass and the killer details surprised me.

Some search on net shows these are vintage KEFs. I haven't opened the cabs yet.

Posting some pics here.

regds,
shafic

Last edited:
Hi Shafic,

Another find for you :lol:

The Mid Bass Driver looks like KEF B110, Bass driver is KEF B139, dunno model of the tweeters.

:)

Hi Shafic,

Another find for you :lol:

The Mid Bass Driver looks like KEF B110, Bass driver is KEF B139, dunno model of the tweeters.

:)

Thanks Denom,

Since these were located at LONAVLA, i had previously thought we could use it in our KHANDALA meet which i had proposed.

Last month when i got the LYRITA Audio's pre amp and power mono blocks ( which i shared with FM Dr. Abhijit Wadekar. He took the mono blocks for his Tannoys and i took the pre for myself.) from the Parsi gentleman friend, he told me that he also had matching speakers at his LONAVLA bungalow. After a request from him, today i arranged to get the HUGE cabinets. Since there is no model no, i thought they were just a custom made simple pair.

When i connected them with my SANSUI amp and started to listen to my test songs CD. I was blown away. What a sound!!, the sweet mids, crystal clean highs and thundering bass and the killer details surprised me.

Some search on net shows these are vintage KEFs. I haven't opened the cabs yet.

Posting some pics here.

regds,
shafic

They look like the Raymond Cooke designed original Race Track B169 drivers, the older brother of my own KEF Q7!!!

Thanks Denom,

Since these were located at LONAVLA, i had previously thought we could use it in our KHANDALA meet which i had proposed.

Am on for it, pls plan that 'aatah hai kya khandala meet' :yahoo:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back