My vintage beauties!!

shafic

Hi friends,
In this forum people know me in relation to TTs and LPs. Actually i am also very fond of speakers and amplifiers. During my junior college days i used to visit friend's recording studio frequently. The quality of music i heard during that period stayed in my soul. My hunt for good music started with my lovely Celestion Ditton 44 speakers.

I created a lot of sources and the vintage rain started pouring on me. I purchased anything that came my way.Some good some bad and some ugly.:D Now i have a decent collection of LPs(more than 1500) & EPs mostly Hindi and English. Some decent vintage amplifiers,TTs & speakers.

Here i am presenting one of my lovely Tube amp ''PHILIPS AG 9015'' It is only 10 watts RMS per channel. But it is enough to drive my 'FULL RANGE' speakers. Very warm n sweet sounding amplifier. I want to mention it's special ( rare) feature, OTL compatibility for 800 ohms speakers.

Here many FMs also have some lovely vintage stuff. Here we can share our vintage experience.

regards,
shafic

Last edited:
Hi friends,

I created a lot of sources and the vintage rain started pouring on me. I purchased anything that came my way.Some good some bad and some ugly.:D Now i have a decent collection of LPs(more than 1500) & EPs mostly Hindi and English. Some decent vintage amplifiers,TTs & speakers.

regards,
shafic

Shafic....you are a lucky person. Do keep the vintage flag up.

Regards,
Bhaskar

Thanks Bhaskar!!,sure,
you are one of the "BADSHAH'' of the TTs and LPs.:eek:hyeah:Love to see your beauties showcased here.
regards,
shafic

Really wonderful collection of vintage gems as seen in your signature :clapping:. Must be really enjoying your music.

Here i am presenting one of my lovely Tube amp ''PHILIPS AG 9015'' It is only 10 watts RMS per channel. But it is enough to drive my 'FULL RANGE' speakers. Very warm n sweet sounding amplifier. I want to mention it's special ( rare) feature, OTL compatibility for 800 ohms speakers.

Here many FMs also have some lovely vintage stuff. Here we can share our vintage experience.

regards,
shafic

Absolutely lovely Shafic :) There's one thing about liking and collecting Vintage but the other is also being knowledgeable on these beauties which I see you posses :).

In todays world, everything seems to be going retro but their prices :indifferent14:

Shafic,
Keep it up I also used to buy up all vintage stuff which came my way. Due to lack of space, I am a bit choosy these days. The problem with me is that I don't like selling them and it keeps occupying space.

You are absolutely right. Even i have slowed down due to the same problems.
But it is very necessary to keep your sources alive so that you may not miss some real good opportunity.
I am still searching for some gems like Tanoys, Altecs, Garrard 301 etc.

Lovely set brother. And I once again thank you for helping me entering into vinyls. :)

Dear friend,
I am really worried about the problems you are facing in setting up your TT. Hope the new year will find you enjoying your vinyls.

Absolutely lovely Shafic :) There's one thing about liking and collecting Vintage but the other is also being knowledgeable on these beauties which I see you posses :).

In todays world, everything seems to be going retro but their prices :indifferent14:

The thing about getting GOOD vintage stuff is that, it is pure luck. Some times you get rare gems at throwaway prices but most of the times you pay through your nose for it. Buying second hand stuff is always a risk.But i am a risk taker.

Looks like classic 1950s equipment, fantastic to see the elegant looks. Guess the sound will be on similar lines.

In fact it is from the 1960s, but looks as good as new. This is my first tube amp.I got it from a good friend as a gift at a time when i was desperately searching for one. I spent a lot of money to bring it to its original condition.

This amplifier made me realize 'Tubes are tubes'. The warm mids, clean highs and tight bass it gives is beyond words.Some songs ( mp3) which i could not bear to listen to became sweet again. Of course the right combination with speakers is very important. The full potential of my AR 17 ( the tight bass at low volume) was realised with this amp.

Great stuff Shafic.....cant agree enough with you. Tubes are tubes paired with the right Speakers-is the key...today, was listening to Frank Sinatra's Christmas carols on my TD124, HH Scott tube amp and AR3a speakers....felt like Frank was in my hall.

Great stuff Shafic.....cant agree enough with you. Tubes are tubes paired with the right Speakers-is the key...today, was listening to Frank Sinatra's Christmas carols on my TD124, HH Scott tube amp and AR3a speakers....felt like Frank was in my hall.

Wah!! Great combination! It must have felt like heaven.:eek:hyeah:
Scott 222 is one of the best sweet sounding tube amplifier.

SIR GARRARD 401 COMES HOME!!

"YEH TOH KAMAAL HOGAYA"

Hi friends,

When i became a member of this wonderful forum, i had a Philips 242 TT. Then i purchased Pioneer PL 12 and Fisher MT 6225 studio standard TTs. Then started the TT rain.I bought any GOOD TT that came to my notice,all for personal listening.

The Garrard 301, Lenco,Thorens were on my wish list. I got 2 Lencos and a Thorens.

When a 401 became available i was hesitating for quite some time. RPs latest acquisition gave me a much needed push.If i let go of this 401 getting another would be very difficult unless you get it from abroad.I did not let go of the bird in hand for two in the bush ( 301). If it is in my destiny the 301 will also come.

This 'Vintage Beauty' comes with original Garrard arm. The previous owner listened to only 78' rpm records. Mechanically it is in perfect shape. There is provision for SME arm. The box's build quality is very sturdy so i don't need any immediate modifications.

Regards,
shafic

Last edited:
Congrats on being knighted shafic, like with RP, the knighthood is richly deserved. The cabinet and tonearm suggest that this is genuine vintage.

So from now on, its Sir RP and Sir Shafic for me :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back