NAD C320BEE stuck in Standby Mode

daumaster

My NAD 320BEE is stuck in the standby mode (orange light).

Two 6.3A fuses have blown in the Power Board. I replaced them. However, the moment the amp is powered on, these fuses blow & the amp goes into the standby mode

Haven't been able to locate the shorted point, for which the fuses are blowing when the amp is powered on.

Tips, anyone ?

Also, addresses of NAD Service Centres in India, other than Lakozy ?

PSU fuses blowing is an indication that you may be dealing with a short circuit. You've not mentioned which are the fuses which are blowing, I would assume they are from this lot - F41, F42, F43, F44

You will need to work backwards and run a thorough check starting with the power supply. If its the power supply, common suspects are blown transistors, faulty filter capacitors and blown thyristors. The 320 PSU design features a dual bridge design providing 46 volts for the output stages of the power amp section. There are also another bridge with a regulator design, supplying the power requirement for the rest of the amplifier. You may also need to keep an eye on the fusible resistors.

PSU fuses blowing is an indication that you may be dealing with a short circuit. You've not mentioned which are the fuses which are blowing, I would assume they are from this lot - F41, F42, F43, F44

You will need to work backwards and run a thorough check starting with the power supply. If its the power supply, common suspects are blown transistors, faulty filter capacitors and blown thyristors. The 320 PSU design features a dual bridge design providing 46 volts for the output stages of the power amp section. There are also another bridge with a regulator design, supplying the power requirement for the rest of the amplifier. You may also need to keep an eye on the fusible resistors.
Thanks.
Seems one of the MOSFETs is gone.

Damn lizard. Is it repairable? I got the same nad and it's brilliant with my kefs.

MaSh

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back