Nad cdp 515 bee mod - left channel intermittent sound

sktaliyan

Dear FMs,

I have a NAD 515 CDP. I recently got my CDP's existing Opamp's upgraded to LM 4562 by a experienced technician. I couldn't check the performance of CDP as he did not have amp & speakers. However, after coming home when I connected my CDP to my gear, the sound from right speaker was alright however, the sound from left speaker was very intermittent and of very high freq. I have tried changing my RCA cables and input selector at my NAD 326 Amp as well as DCB1 preamp. Could it be a case of dry soldering!!:sad: I got it changed at Coimbatore and am presently located approx 90 kms away from the technician's shop.Haven't had time to go back to him to check the same. Could you throw some light on what could be the issue.

Dear FMs,

I have a NAD 515 CDP. I recently got my CDP's existing Opamp's upgraded to LM 4562 by a experienced technician. I couldn't check the performance of CDP as he did not have amp & speakers. However, after coming home when I connected my CDP to my gear, the sound from right speaker was alright however, the sound from left speaker was very intermittent and of very high freq. I have tried changing my RCA cables and input selector at my NAD 326 Amp as well as DCB1 preamp. Could it be a case of dry soldering!!:sad: I got it changed at Coimbatore and am presently located approx 90 kms away from the technician's shop.Haven't had time to go back to him to check the same. Could you throw some light on what could be the issue.

Dry soldering probably Yes. But mostly it is due to defective OPAMP itself. Even I faced similar issues with other Opamp's during many DIY projects.

Now days I used to do run the OPAMP in a IC base soldered DIY phono stage for around 30 hours. Then play few known tracks and if satisfied then only use where it is need.

Understood this kind trial is not possible with Mechanics. Your case just try with another OPAMP.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back