Nakamichi 600 II

Hi Santhosh,

Thanks for the link, wonderful to see the rack!!! Unfortunately, I only got the 600II tape deck.... BTW, how much was the pre amp being quoted at? black or silver?

Hi Santhosh,

Thanks for the link, wonderful to see the rack!!! Unfortunately, I only got the 600II tape deck.... BTW, how much was the pre amp being quoted at? black or silver?

The pre-amp was being quoted at 21k (final price), but was also advertised at 18k(negotiable) on another site by the same chap as an anonymous seller. At the same time, I also found atleast two more NOS (New Old Stock) pre-amps of the same model - one in Hyd and the other Mumbai. Just do a google, you may be lucky. Alternatively, keep looking on Ebay US and UK. All the best mate:).

How about you aks sir? Do you have other components from the System One apart from the tape deck?

I know what you mean by trying to bring back old Nak's to life...as someone who has a large collection of Naks, let me warn you of one thing - get the Nak serviced by someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

I live in the US and even here we have trouble getting a reputable Nak tech...The best is ESLabs but they were frightfully expensive where your repair costs more than the deck cost brand new and ESL does get it to factory spec or even better in most cases. The ONLY other person I trust my Nak's too is Willy Hermann in Orinda, California...he is at par with ESL and very reasonable.

if you know how to do stuff yourself then there are service manuals online but make sure you get the right kind of belts...I get mine from Mars Communications on eBay...You can have him send you belts via snail mail all the way to India (I think).

Rajiv
(in Dallas, TX USA)

Denom,

I missed this post. But congratulation on getting a mighty NAK in your audio setup. Enjoy every moment !! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I know what you mean by trying to bring back old Nak's to life...as someone who has a large collection of Naks, let me warn you of one thing - get the Nak serviced by someone who knows what the hell they are doing.

I live in the US and even here we have trouble getting a reputable Nak tech...The best is ESLabs but they were frightfully expensive where your repair costs more than the deck cost brand new and ESL does get it to factory spec or even better in most cases. The ONLY other person I trust my Nak's too is Willy Hermann in Orinda, California...he is at par with ESL and very reasonable.

if you know how to do stuff yourself then there are service manuals online but make sure you get the right kind of belts...I get mine from Mars Communications on eBay...You can have him send you belts via snail mail all the way to India (I think).

Rajiv
(in Dallas, TX USA)

Hi Rajiv,

Thanks for sharing your experience on the NAK service front. Luckily, i was put in touch with the right person to handle my NAK, who brought it back to life & made me happy again :)
Now that the NAK is fired up, the Tapes have been put to use, though have discovered that some of them need to be junked due to them going bad & that is another heartbreaker:sad:

Denom,

I missed this post. But congratulation on getting a mighty NAK in your audio setup. Enjoy every moment !! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hey it was with me all along, just that it was put in 'cold storage' due to lack of separates (amp & speakers) to connect to for close to 20 odd yrs of my life, factors out of my hands....:sad:

Sanjay from AVC is good he service all my equipment and they all are fine for the last couple of years

regards
Legin

Denom, why don't you make it a lifelong project to put together a System One like I had mentioned earlier in this thread? If I had inherited something like this, I would have definitely done so:). Keep looking on US ebay for deals. I do this with automobiles and have just started with Vintage Electronics as well. There is no hurry to get anything, keep looking and look forward to the day when it will be restored and operational. Anyways, we have our primary hi-fi rig running well.

Checkout this link, owner has very painstakingly collected and completed his Nak System One including the rack.

Nakamichi System-One ? Comprising of rack mounted 600, 610, 620 and 630 Components. - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Last edited:
Santhosh,

You make a good point, maybe when I am done getting my primary system in place, I may start searching for the other components for the ONE, till then the 600II will fly solo...
BUT FIRST, let me collect the much need VITAMIN M, to put any of my plans in place :)
Pls do keep me posted if you find any of the components available at a reasonable price though!
THANKS!!!

Santhosh,

You make a good point, maybe when I am done getting my primary system in place, I may start searching for the other components for the ONE, till then the 600II will fly solo...
BUT FIRST, let me collect the much need VITAMIN M, to put any of my plans in place :)
Pls do keep me posted if you find any of the components available at a reasonable price though!
THANKS!!!

This one's for you denom:). Let me know if I can help in anyway, being in Bangalore.

Nakamichi Control Preamplifier 610 & Poweramplifier 620 - Bangalore - Electronics - Golf Links - Monitor audio

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back