Nakamichi DR 10 - Is it worth?

Nakamichi DR10 was a good deck , bargain and get it if it is in working condition.
But getting service for Nak. is difficult now.

Its not rare to find a DR series NAK deck, sealed in original packaging. By the time the DRs came out (obviously heavily priced, at the time), CDs were in vogue and people had moved on to the digital world. There were quite a few DRs that lay in stock, unsold and time and again, these have re-appeared every now and then, with sellers of pre-used electronics or even with some authorized dealers. About 2 years ago, I was aware that a dealer in Chennai had a couple of boxed DR3s up for sale (I think they were imports from Hong Kong). Both sold like hot cakes, the moment he put them up.

Reubensen,

Any idea whether DR3 s are still available with any Dealers in India or not?Need one.

If I come across one, will immediately let you know. The DR series 2 headers are usually very own-able and hence, are not usually let go off, by their owners :)

I recall a dealer called Surendra (Ph:9370107894) having one up for sale. Don't know him personally or not associated with him in any way but I think the one he had was not sold (guess he was asking for a price which was too high)

Jay,

Did you have a look at the DR 10 mentioned in your first post. What are your observations and conclusions? Many of us would look forward to your sharing them with us.

Did you or someone you know finally buy it and are you happy with it

Regards.

Jay,

Did you have a look at the DR 10 mentioned in your first post. What are your observations and conclusions? Many of us would look forward to your sharing them with us.

Did you or someone you know finally buy it and are you happy with it

Regards.

Hi,

I saw that AD in OLX a couple of months back and communicated with the seller but he was not ready to share much information about the condition and was asking for the transfer of money as there is a demand of that product.So I didn't show any interest after that.

I recall a dealer called Surendra (Ph:9370107894) having one up for sale. Don't know him personally or not associated with him in any way but I think the one he had was not sold (guess he was asking for a price which was too high)

Thanks Reubensm

Just bought two units BNIB sealed. Made in Malaysia with 220V rating (looks like in ebay are all made in Malaysia).

Not in Black color though.Similar with this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nakamichi-...=item340197efa1:g:VloAAOSwIQNcSetO:rk:10:pf:0

Price wise very reasonable, half compared to the used one listed in ebay ($800 - 1,200).
Guarantee for one year which is ridiculous.

The seller has few more units available.

Just bought two units BNIB sealed. Made in Malaysia with 220V rating (looks like in ebay are all made in Malaysia).

Not in Black color though.Similar with this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nakamichi-...=item340197efa1:g:VloAAOSwIQNcSetO:rk:10:pf:0

Price wise very reasonable, half compared to the used one listed in ebay ($800 - 1,200).
Guarantee for one year which is ridiculous.

The seller has few more units available.
How much you paid for it? import duties? who is the seller?

I bought a Nakamichi BX300 which was professionally calibrated, and recordings on Maxell XLii are almost indistinguishable from the LP from which I record. and equals and even beats the equivalent Hi Res recording for punch in my system.

I bought a Nakamichi BX300 which was professionally calibrated, and recordings on Maxell XLii are almost indistinguishable from the LP from which I record. and equals and even beats the equivalent Hi Res recording for punch in my system.
can share the cost & where you got it from? please

I paid 10k, and I got it from a gentleman here in Mumbai who had just got it calibrated. These decks are not available with perfect head alignment, Azimuth adjustment etc. unless you can get someone to do it carefully. And I have looked out for one for years, but generally the ones available look good but there is a large diff between the LP and the recorded tape output. I also frequently travel to London and there these decks are available, for a much higher price, but I have always been worried about picking up something which has not been optimized for a tape of your choice. I have also got mine biased for that particular tape Maxell XL ii. Now I plan to only buy this tape. But the sound is quite nice on ordinary tapes also. The direct sound is superior, followed by using the amp tape loop to play recorded sound, followed by using tape loop to play original sound through the monitor function in the Nak. For very serious recordings I will remove the tape loop and connect phono to the Nak directly.

can share the cost & where you got it from? please
There is a gentleman in Bombay who keeps sending me pictures of Nakamichis - he seems to have a regular supply of them. Just yesterday he sold a DR10 for 12k. He says he has a 660ZX for 15k which plays back flawlessly but cannot record. if you wish PM me your whatsapp number i will send you the pix and you can contact him directly.

There is a gentleman in Bombay who keeps sending me pictures of Nakamichis - he seems to have a regular supply of them. Just yesterday he sold a DR10 for 12k. He says he has a 660ZX for 15k which plays back flawlessly but cannot record. if you wish PM me your whatsapp number i will send you the pix and you can contact him directly.

I badly need a NAK.. could you please tell me the sellers contact?

Have a used NAK DR 10 . Dont know if it works or not. All the lights work. Since i do not possess any cassettes anymore i havnt tested it.
has been lying in storage at my sisters. Was working fine she says. Anyone interrested ?

Have a used NAK DR 10 . Dont know if it works or not. All the lights work. Since i do not possess any cassettes anymore i havnt tested it.
has been lying in storage at my sisters. Was working fine she says. Anyone interrested ?
Model is DR 1 ... sorry wrote wrong model by mistake

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back