NAS for Home & Profession

In your case you don't need a gigabit switch as the gigabit port of the nas can be connected to the netgear gigabit ports on the back.

You will see the nas drives on DLNA supported devices as well as create networked folders in windows or mac.

In my case DLNA has one problem. I have configured my drives as single disc volumes instead of a single volume so only one drive is available over DLNA whichever I choose on the other hand smb access is to the entire nas drives.

In your case you don't need a gigabit switch as the gigabit port of the nas can be connected to the netgear gigabit ports on the back.

You will only need a switch if you run out of ports on your router ... switch is just for extending your wired lan network.

Last edited:

You will only need a switch if you run out of ports on your router ... switch is just for extending your wires lan network.

And more importantly to stop using the router itself as a network switch. Routers do multitasking as modems, routers, network switches, etc. The idea here is to free up the router and use a dedicated network switch and also let the network switch take care of local traffic.

Chris at CA also advocates a similar approach to streaming music from the NAS. Cannot say it improves SQ... but everything in audiophilia is black magic, so who can say?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back