Need 5.0 package home theatre speakers in 24k budget.

rush2samy

I am looking for 5.0 package home theater package speakers under 24k. I want to pair it with Denon Avrx1400H 7.2. I want to buy woofer later due to budget constraints. Also I can't have floor standing speakers due limited space. I need book shelves speakers. Will I get them in some package or will I have to buy it all in separate. I want this package to run for next 4 years and then look for upgrade options.

I am looking for 5.0 package home theater package speakers under 24k. I want to pair it with Denon Avrx1400H 7.2. I want to buy woofer later due to budget constraints. Also I can't have floor standing speakers due limited space. I need book shelves speakers. Will I get them in some package or will I have to buy it all in separate. I want this package to run for next 4 years and then look for upgrade options.

Best bet will be Taga Harmony 506. If you can go up a bit further, then Taga Harmony 606.

Best bet will be Taga Harmony 506. If you can go up a bit further, then Taga Harmony 606.
Aren’t those floor stander? Op has mentioned no FS. Yamaha has a 5.1 package for 17k. 5 satellites and an 8 inch subwoofer. Will be decent enough in a small room. You can get pioneer centre channel c22 for 10-11 k so for 27k you will have a decent 5.1. Only catch is that the Yamaha 5.1 are small satellites. Other alternate speakers are the Polk T series, Boston acoustics.

@Love4sound your understanding is correct. I don't want floor standing ones so Taga Harmony is out else it was best and the only deal. I couldn't find deals/package in wall mountings. I will certainly explore Yamaha ones. Can you pin point Yamaha package link. It will be helpful... I was able to find Polk Audio and amazon price is 12k approx. for a pair. If I go with Polk Audio 2 sets then what would be ideal choice for center speakers.

@Love4sound your understanding is correct. I don't want floor standing ones so Taga Harmony is out else it was best and the only deal. I couldn't find deals/package in wall mountings. I will certainly explore Yamaha ones. Can you pin point Yamaha package link. It will be helpful... I was able to find Polk Audio and amazon price is 12k approx. for a pair. If I go with Polk Audio 2 sets then what would be ideal choice for center speakers.
The 5.1 Yamaha package I was talking about is the NS-P41. Yamaha also has 3.0 package. Two book shelf’s and a centre channel combo for 10 k. Both these packages are available in amazon. Just search 5.1 Yamaha and you will get them. It’s always advisable to go for matching speakers for timber match. So if you are getting Polk, T series also has a centre channel. If you don’t want to extend your budget go with NS-P41 and for 17 k you have a 5.1.

Eventually you will upgrade your AVR too ....so suggest you look at pre owned stuff which will get you better speakers for the interim period and then later you can do a serious upgrade...

Check, Audition and decide......and yes BARGAIN......

Some based in Mumbai if you are willing to come down for a day and close the deal...

All the best

@rush2samy I have below package with me, PM me if interested, Hardly used and in mint condition.

Onkyo Speaker Package (HTP-580)
Front Speakers (SKF-580 L/R)
Center Speaker (SKC-580)
Surround Speakers (SKR-580 L/R)
Surround Back Speakers (SKB-580 L/R)
Subwoofer (SKW-580)

Note : No AVR - only speakers

Attachments

• Reference image.jpg
    Reference image.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 13
I couldn't find deals/package in wall mountings.

You may consider some of these options too..

- Taga inmove 5.0 speaker package.. Consists of only bookshelf and wall mountable.. Not sure why dealers don't offer this decent 5.0 package.. It should cost <=25K.. Try scouting if it is still aval..

- Taga 806 BS (8K) on amazon.in + Taga 806 c(8K) = 24K..

- JBL control one abt 8K a pair. has wall mounting capability.. You may check that too..

Else choose 3.0 now with Taga Harmony Platinum range inside your budget and add one more pair of speakers for lil more at a later stage.. Choose whichever works for you..

Full 5.1 at your budget, see the following link

Still I would advice starting with a pair of bookshelves and build the rest over time as budget permits, so that upgrade bug doesn't bite anytime soon.

Thanks all for valuable suggestions. I think starting with pair of two would also work and then slowly I can buy other ones once having budget. Given the receiver which option I can go with to start with a pair of speakers.
@elangoas where I can find the Taga inmove 5.0 speaker package .

Which one is better in performance Taga Harmony 806 BS or JBL control 1 Pro 2 Way ???

Both are good...compare their specs and see which one can emit most frequencies between 20hz and 20khz.....check impedance and sensitivity....There would be Youtube videos uploaded if you are not able to audition these speakers in person....these reviews would help...

@elangoas where I can find the Taga inmove 5.0 speaker package .

Am very sorry, I missed to notice that you had tagged me.. Try the online links..Hifimart, amazon.in htstore and few others..Someone might have it..

Else check with a local dealer of Taga Harmony in your city..

Which one is better in performance Taga Harmony 806 BS or JBL control 1 Pro 2 Way ???

Either of them would do just fine.. JBL control 1 would have mount threads, which can be handy in positioning them towards your listening position..

Guess, JBL control 1 pro also has it..Google for images of the product to confirm the same before you proceed..

Another query guys can I use my graphic card HDMI output to split into video and audio to receiver ? Will this not cause quality issues as compared to running optical cable from PC to receiver. Running optical cable is little difficult due to cabling issue. However HDMI cabling is done. But I have to use HDMI duplicator to split one output into projector and another into receiver due to layout. Hope I have tried to explain my situation.

Another query guys can I use my graphic card HDMI output to split into video and audio to receiver ? Will this not cause quality issues as compared to running optical cable from PC to receiver. Running optical cable is little difficult due to cabling issue. However HDMI cabling is done.

Why do you want to split audio & video from HTPC?.. You can add a graphics card to PC and connect the HDMI to AVR and then connect to projector using HDMI out from AVR..

HTPC (HDMI) -> AVR (HDMI In) -> AVR (HDMI Out) -> Projector (HDMI In)..

But I have to use HDMI duplicator to split one output into projector and another into receiver due to layout. Hope I have tried to explain my situation.

How far would be the AVR from projector?

See if you can the get PC closer to AVR and to projector.. You can use lenghty speaker cables, higher gauge (Depending on speakers & distance) to connect from AVR to speakers..

My problem is that PC is in another room and projector is in hall along with receiver. But projector is also in one corner and receiver is at other end. What I have managed to do is run one HDMI cable from PC to projector(concealed through walls), and another HDMI cable from projector to receiver end(conceled in ceiling). Now I cant run another cable without disturbing the ceilings. Now if you can provide suggestion based on the current condition. Last option could be to run optical cable from PC to receiver.

My problem is that PC is in another room and projector is in hall along with receiver. But projector is also in one corner and receiver is at other end. What I have managed to do is run one HDMI cable from PC to projector(concealed through walls), and another HDMI cable from projector to receiver end(conceled in ceiling). Now I cant run another cable without disturbing the ceilings. Now if you can provide suggestion based on the current condition. Last option could be to run optical cable from PC to receiver.

Would you be to able to share a sketch of the room layout and the placement of projector, PC just to understand..

You can think of using an Android TV box (Xiaomi Mi 3) to connect it to AVR.. Will play most BR Rips effortlessly + streaming capability..

Hi bro...please also specify which projector are you using...does it have 2 HDMI ports...and also maybe what you would be playing through your desktop. Is that your only source or are their other sources connected to your AVR.
Do take note that you will need a display preferably connected to your AVR HDMI out during setup.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back