Need a Cassette deck

Music Freak

Hi everyone,

I started exploring the cassette "decks" only last week when I decided to buy a music system that can play the cassettes which have been kept unused since quite a few years. I found that the best brands in business are Nakamichi, Onkyo, Teac, Sony, Technics.. to name a few.

After watching few relevant videos on youtube, I decided to own one. I need an inexpensive, used deck in an excellent working condition without any appealing scratches or marks and of course, that sounds awesome!

I reside in Bangalore and it would be of great help if anyone can suggest a physical location where I can get the best cassette deck at an affordable, cheap price.

Thanks!

Hi Murlidher,

Thanks for the response, saw your message too.

I do have a ECL7D Hi-Fi, but, need an inexpensive cassette player and in quest of which I am now fascinated with the decks! Hence, am looking for a well maintained deck in mint condition.

Sorry and thanks again.

Hi,

Its great to see that u have started exploring for a Cassette deck.Trust me once u start hearing some good cassettes being played on a Good Deck u will just stay hooked to it.But the important word here is GOOD.

Everything comes with a price and the basic mistake we make is we restrict ourselves to some 3k or 4k and then look for a running in top condition good deck.Well not everyone is lucky and I think if we are passionate about something we shouldn't restrict ourselves with a budget.I am not saying for once that one needs to be over the top but one has to be realistic.

Yes EBAY prices are no benchmarks but EBAY products are genuine and value for money in terms of the service they will provide.Whats the point in buying a Deck at 4k from a guy in Trichur or Pondi or Mumbai who is basically a trader and then run into serious trouble by paying a fortune on servicing losing both money and piece of mind.Try to buy from someone who knows about the Deck,who regularly plays it and above all who can lend u support if required locally.

When it comes to Decks my benchmark will always be NAK as that Nakamichi Sound is something which will just blow u away.Preferably a Double Capstan Three Head Deck will b the best as suggested by our colleague in another thread...............but to start with a 2 Head Nak Single Capstan itself will make u fall in love with the piece.So all the best for your quest but please remember one thing again.....................do not restrict yourself with a price tag when u r chasing your dream/passion.

Good Luck :)

Hi Jayant,

Yes, you have anticipated perfectly. That was my budget and last night I zeroed in on three decks of popular brands on OLX and immediately sent messages & emails to sellers in Kochi & Mumbai. I also contacted one in my city i.e, Bangalore, regarding Sonodyne SD-580 deck. I was satisfied with the description and the confidence they had on their products. So, I thought of calling them today if I failed to hear back. I haven't got any responses from them so far.

As you know, if you are in love with a gadget/in need of it, you won't be relaxed and you want it badly in your hands as soon as possible. I'm exactly in that state now.

After going through your advice and keeping in mind what Technics_Fan suggested me the other day, I'm convinced & think that I need to be patient, resist the temptation and go for best decks. I have been searching for Nakamichi decks in India since few days and I found only one - the BX1, which I have mentioned about in another post of mine. I recently purchased a mini Hi-Fi system, hence, currently, I can double my initial budget I had for the deck and not more than that. Alright, I shall keep an eye on the sites for Nak decks and wish I get one, soon.

Thank you for your valuable tips :)

Hi everyone,

I started exploring the cassette "decks" only last week when I decided to buy a music system that can play the cassettes which have been kept unused since quite a few years. I found that the best brands in business are Nakamichi, Onkyo, Teac, Sony, Technics.. to name a few.

After watching few relevant videos on youtube, I decided to own one. I need an inexpensive, used deck in an excellent working condition without any appealing scratches or marks and of course, that sounds awesome!

I reside in Bangalore and it would be of great help if anyone can suggest a physical location where I can get the best cassette deck at an affordable, cheap price.

Thanks!

You should post it in classified's 'wanted' section for a better result

Hi Selvin,

Thank you for responding to my query.

Well, before I posted my question, I didn't have an idea about the decks. From the suggestions & advices, I received from couple of helpful forum members, I'm now a bit clear when it comes to the selection of decks.

As of now, as per the advice, I'm intending to purchase a dual capstan 2 head/3 head Nakamichi deck., example.. BX-300.

If I don't find such or any other good Nakamichi decks, I will definitely get in touch with you.

Thanks again!

Hi.. I have a Sony TC-WR565 deck in mint condition with box. Interested please PM me for more details.

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I have purchased a Sony TC-WE405 deck as I couldn't find a Nak and lost patience. I'm pretty happy that I am able to play the cassettes that were kept unused since ages.

But, let me assure you this - I will be on a constant lookout for a Nak deck with the essential specs as suggested by the forum members - Technics_Fan & Jayant.

Once again, thanks again for your support!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back