Need a decent AV receiver & active woofs in Dubai

Bully

Hello......... I have an existing 5.1 setup with a marantz 5.1 AVR, denon center & surround, paradigm phantom v3 fronts, jamo passive woofs........ about 7 years old........... need to replace the receiver to accommodate HDMI inputs and get an active woofs............ i dont have a big budget to blow but something around the range of Rs. 25-30K.......... remember i'm in dubai......... any suggestions are welcome...........Thanx in advance..............

Hello......... I have an existing 5.1 setup with a marantz 5.1 AVR, denon center & surround, paradigm phantom v3 fronts, jamo passive woofs........ about 7 years old........... need to replace the receiver to accommodate HDMI inputs and get an active woofs............ i dont have a big budget to blow but something around the range of Rs. 25-30K.......... remember i'm in dubai......... any suggestions are welcome...........Thanx in advance..............

I noticed that you have made a similar post in another thread as well. I live in Dubai and have a local friend who is looking to sell his Marantz SR3053 (since he upgraded to Marantz SR8002) and his Definitive Pro 600 series subwoofer.

The 3053 supports HDMI inputs (but no upscaling) but it does not decode HD audio formats such as DTS-HD MA / Dolby True HD. If your Blu ray player can decode HD audio formats and send it via HDMI then this should not be an issue.

If you're interested, I can check with him and let you know his expected sale price.

Thanks mate.......... i am interested....... i have a PS3 ...... will it take care of HD audio decoding??????? i have already been contacted by someone else for a deftech prosub 1000.......... but lemme know the price for both...........

Thanks mate.......... i am interested....... i have a PS3 ...... will it take care of HD audio decoding??????? i have already been contacted by someone else for a deftech prosub 1000.......... but lemme know the price for both...........

Yes PS3 will take care of HD audio decoding. I will speak to him and let you know the price by tomorrow.

Sincere apologies Bully,

He has a SR3001 which does not have any HDMI inputs. My apologies again.

-thekinge

shello,

could you please tell me if you have got links of sellers in dubai ?
i want to compare the prices of receivers in dubai and see if i should buy in dubai rather than from usa.

pricelists ...
mainly looking for a mid-range av receiver with hdmi 1.4

please let me know

thank you

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back