Need a suggestion on Sterio Amp

Ebenezer

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am from Chennai. I have a pair of Craftel Floor stander (90 Wat RMS) and a pair of JBL Control Pro (passive 150 Watts RMS per channel).

Currently i am using a Craftel amp(90 watts per channel) to run both the above mentioned speakers. It has some problem. I am looking to upgrade to some good amp like NAD or marrantz. My purpose is i do home recordings ( i use M-audio 2496 sound card) and listen to western classical and Pop music from my PC.

My room size is small (12X10). I dont keep very high volume. I would like to get a uncolored sound (which would be useful for my recording; though i use my Senheizer headphone HD280 for mixing purpose).

Would appreciate if some one can suggest me a amp for my purpose. My budget is 15K.

Thanks

Hi Ebenezer,
you may have to stretch your budget reasonably well to go for the brands you mentioned which can effectively drive those speakers. Used market is an option and sashi of mohan musicals in richie street can help you on this. By the way whats the problem with the craftel amp?
regards
ganesh

Hi Ebenezer,

You can get Marantz PM5003 (40 W rms pc) for 16.5K, or Yamaha AX 367 (100 W rms pc ) for 15.5 k, both must suit your Craftel speakers without any issues.

N.Murali

Hi Murali and Gannyboy, thanks for your response!!.

I checked with Sashi from Mohan Musicals in Richie street. He had some NAD with 40 W per channel. Would that be sufiicient for my purpose? I said it cost 7K.

Let me know what model or NAD or Marrants i can get in used marked for reasonable price. I have been in touch with Sashi. I just need to know which brand/model i need to go for my purpose.

By the way about Yamaha amp that you mentioned for 15K, where do i get that amp in Chennai? Any idea?

Hi Murali and Gannyboy, thanks for your response!!.

I checked with Sashi from Mohan Musicals in Richie street. He had some NAD with 40 W per channel. Would that be sufiicient for my purpose? I said it cost 7K.

Let me know what model or NAD or Marrants i can get in used marked for reasonable price. I have been in touch with Sashi. I just need to know which brand/model i need to go for my purpose.

By the way about Yamaha amp that you mentioned for 15K, where do i get that amp in Chennai? Any idea?

Hi Ebenezer,

You can get Yamaha amp AX-397, either at Cressida AV Zone, Alwarpet or Vipul-Tech, Kilpauk. The address and phone nos are available at Forum posts search the forum with the key words.

Hope this helps.

N.Murali

Thank you Murali for your quick response. I will check in these shops and get back to you.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back