Need a traditional (single CD only) full sized CD player of any vintage in full working order with remote - must be Made in Japan

ronniemarker

Hello !

I have an exigent need for a traditional (single CD only) full sized CD player of any vintage with remote and in full (100% working order) and MUST be
Made in Japan - any yearof manufacture os fine as long as the unit is in full (100%) working order and able to plug and play right away. I am based
in Mumbai and WANT a unit that is local to me only as I am NOT at all keen to have this packed and shipped from OUTSIDE Mumbai.

All respondents will be gratefully acknowledged - thanks (in advance) to anyone that responds !

Sincerely,

R. Marker
Mumbai

Hi -

sadly, I am UNABLE (not permitted) to do so as I haven't yet reached the minimum benchmark of 91 posts
that will offer me the privilege of posting For Sale or Wanted adverts.........hence this somewhat circuitous route !

Thanks anyway for pointing out and directing me in the right direction !

Cheers,

Ronnie

Hi -

sadly, I am UNABLE (not permitted) to do so as I haven't yet reached the minimum benchmark of 91 posts
that will offer me the privilege of posting For Sale or Wanted adverts.........hence this somewhat circuitous route !

Thanks anyway for pointing out and directing me in the right direction !

Cheers,

Ronnie
Okay, got it.!
I thought the restrictions were imposed only for sale posts. Didn't know it changed.

Btw, I have a Philips CD940 (Made in Belgium), if you change your mind and look out for players made in other countries. Please PM.

Hi Ronnie,

I have posted my Marantz cd player in the sale section. I am in Mumbai.
If it fits your requirement, you may pm me to take it forward.
Cheers

Okay, got it.!
I thought the restrictions were imposed only for sale posts. Didn't know it changed.

Btw, I have a Philips CD940 (Made in Belgium), if you change your mind and look out for players made in other countries. Please PM.

Hi (AGAIN !) -

Many years ago (30 +) I had a fabulous Philips CD-650 which was then top-of-the-line and also Made in Belgium - I loved it !

You are tempting me with your Cd-940...............the Made in Belgium and Philips part is perfect OK and acceptable for me -
in fact, the Made in Japan caveat / requirement was just so that I don't get bombarded with units that are Mad ein China,
Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. - Made in USA, England, Canada AND of course Belgium would ALL be OK and welcome !

The only OTHER (major) obstacle becomes that you and the unit are NOT located local to me here in Mumbai - I am somewhat leery and
worried about having to SHIP a delicate CD player here in India by surface transport - if the lens / laser goes, especially with
this European player, I am effectively done for and the unit becomes a paper-weight !

In any case - may I ask WHAT (how much) YOU WOULD WANT OR ARE ASKING FOR IT ? With that as a starting point and some
intense soul searching, let's see where this leads to - for now, that is all I can say - realistically speaking.

Meanwhile, thanks again and all best wishes !

Sincerely,

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,

I have posted my Marantz cd player in the sale section. I am in Mumbai.
If it fits your requirement, you may pm me to take it forward.
Cheers

Hi - thanks for responding to my recent post so promptly - much appreciated !

ALthough your offer fits the bill being "local" wise, I am afraid that the price that you are looking for is far removed from the
budget that I have available for this - also, I do believe that this "newer" Marantz unit is Manufactured in China and this, sadly,
somewhat puts me off (just a personal preference of mine...). With the above, I will ask to be excused but NOT before thanking
you once again - cheers and all best wishes !

Hi - thanks for responding to my recent post so promptly - much appreciated !

ALthough your offer fits the bill being "local" wise, I am afraid that the price that you are looking for is far removed from the
budget that I have available for this - also, I do believe that this "newer" Marantz unit is Manufactured in China and this, sadly,
somewhat puts me off (just a personal preference of mine...). With the above, I will ask to be excused but NOT before thanking
you once again - cheers and all best wishes !
I realized it after posting that your requirement was a unit which is not from China. The same puts me off too...so no offense taken.
Myself have seen a big difference in quality with units from Japan, UK and China.
All the best in your search for a good player.
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi (AGAIN !) -

Many years ago (30 +) I had a fabulous Philips CD-650 which was then top-of-the-line and also Made in Belgium - I loved it !

You are tempting me with your Cd-940...............the Made in Belgium and Philips part is perfect OK and acceptable for me -
in fact, the Made in Japan caveat / requirement was just so that I don't get bombarded with units that are Mad ein China,
Vietnam, Malaysia, etc. - Made in USA, England, Canada AND of course Belgium would ALL be OK and welcome !

The only OTHER (major) obstacle becomes that you and the unit are NOT located local to me here in Mumbai - I am somewhat leery and
worried about having to SHIP a delicate CD player here in India by surface transport - if the lens / laser goes, especially with
this European player, I am effectively done for and the unit becomes a paper-weight !

In any case - may I ask WHAT (how much) YOU WOULD WANT OR ARE ASKING FOR IT ? With that as a starting point and some
intense soul searching, let's see where this leads to - for now, that is all I can say - realistically speaking.

Meanwhile, thanks again and all best wishes !

Sincerely,

Ronnie
I have sent a PM providing additional details. Again, I completely agree with you on the shipping part. And good luck with your search :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back