Need Advice for Music system

sridheeraj

Dear Friends,
I am looking forward to buy music system. My usage will primarily be for music ranging from mostly bollywood, Jagjit singh ghazals to wide range of popular english numbers. Earlier I was about to fall in trap of entry level Home Theatre system however after going through numerous post on this forum during office hours & weekends in home realised stereo setup should be the way to go to enjoy music in my budget. My budget is 30 - 40K & looking for best value in this range. The size of the listening room is 15*12 & will be using Pioneer DVD 400V to play mp3 CDs.
My preference is for sound clarity (to separate between vocals & various instruments).
I am kind of inclined to Norge 1000 with Wharf 9.2 (popular choice in this forum), however open to other options as well. I have auditioned Phillips 3571 however to me the clarify was missing esp at high volumes. Now my qeuries -

1. Being in Noida where I can audition Norge 1000 paired with Wharf 9.2 or Norge Millenium BS speakers?
2. Will Norge 2060 also fit my requirement from VFM perspective?
3. If I am able to stretch my budget, will Denon 1610 plus matching speakers outperform Norge+Wharf combo purely from music perspective?

Thanks in advance,
Dheeraj

hi
if its music that youre listening to then a 2 channel amp is best. so i think the denon 1610 would be out of contention. and at that budget i would suggest bookshelves over floorstanders. for the room size they would suffice and you will get much better sound quality. brands you should consider are monitor audio bronze series, kef iq series and the wharedale diamond series (which you already are). another good speaker apparently which has great value at its price point are the ushers. they're a taiwan brand. once you have decided on the speakers then look for an amp to pair it with. amps to consider are the nads, cambridge and marantz.

if you want good sound separation mp3s arent the best format. you need to record your music in lossless files. from my experience with mp3s, at worst the song size should be a minimum of 4 mb to get a decent level out sq output. but youre still compromising to an extent

-

1. Being in Noida where I can audition Norge 1000 paired with Wharf 9.2 or Norge Millenium BS speakers?
2. Will Norge 2060 also fit my requirement from VFM perspective?
3. If I am able to stretch my budget, will Denon 1610 plus matching speakers outperform Norge+Wharf combo purely from music perspective?

Thanks in advance,
Dheeraj

Hi Dheeraj, you can audition Quad, Wharf with Marantz or Norge at Bass & Treble, Dwarka ............please contact Danney at 9999016124.
I took Quad11L2 and Marantz PM8003 @ 67K from him last week.

Hai sreedhar,

If you stretch your budget a bit, you can get Cambridge Audio 550A amp and Mordaunt Short Aviano-2 which I feel will be a better combo. It must cost you about 45K.

N.Murali

Hai sreedhar,

If you stretch your budget a bit, you can get Cambridge Audio 550A amp and Mordaunt Short Aviano-2 which I feel will be a better combo. It must cost you about 45K.

N.Murali

That's real good advice!

It has been three months since the OP created this thread. And, not a single posting from him !!

Cheers

can i ask a simple question , at the cost of sounding silly ?
Has there been a poll to decide the best available sound system/combo EVER ?
if yes please direct me to it !!!!

It has been three months since the OP created this thread. And, not a single posting from him !!

Cheers

Venkat, this is the reason why I (and many others) stopped replying to such 'What XXX' threads.

People register, post such questions , grab whatever answers they get and vanish then after. They don't even bother at least to thank for the answers they got, forget about updating the forum about the final outcome.

Last edited:
Murali sir thanks for your suggestion. I will surely audition this setup as well.

Heliumflight - Thanks for your offer. Let me do some research on Lyrita Audio and then I will seek your input (beer will be on me :)).

Venkat and Suhas,
Your observation is precise however just to explain when I created the thread (May-2010) I got valuable inputs and have thanked respective contributors (iaudio, prash2k01). I stopped following this thread after a while as there had been no new postings in the thread. Suddenly from last week onwards there were new posts in this thread which I didnt track. Pls note I still havent purchased and need to audition the combo suggested. I will post my experience once the audition is done.

iaudio you are very right !
i was a novice(limited to the usual SONY/BOSE level) when i joined this site but having gone through numerous fora my knowledge on audio has grown by leaps and bounds !! Thanks to you all.
But as a novice still, i would like to go in for a Hi Fi which has a certain brand recall amongst the laymen !
My budget is flexible but max around 1-1.25 lacs,
for music 99 %, mainly rock(def leppard type)
for a large bedroom(~ 400 sqft)
please suggest ........................
THANKS ALL !
(i am located in Ghaziabad hence the request for nearby dealers previously, thanks for your offers for audition !)

@drasitkhanna
my friend i also live in GZB. and unfortunately you are not able to find dealers for those brands in this area.
however you can found some good HT sytem in ezone and reliance digital. but the staff over there not able to give you proper demo as they do not have required infomation about those products.

tried visit Bass & Treble, Dwarka Danney at 9999016124. he is a very good person and he would realy help you to choose you system. he deals with brands like Quad, Wharfdale with Marantz, denon or Norge etc............

Thanks Vinsks,
i want a Hi Fi system now , after selling off my Sony MHC GR88 (~10 yr old , + superwoofer). I already have a LG HT902 5.1 , a PHILIPS micro HT MCD 288/98 with an iball tarang 4.1 mutimedia speakers setup.
I would appreciate it if the audio gurus educated me about the differences between the "normal" compact music systems and the Hi Fi ones.....
Thanks again
(PS- i am at narinder mohan hospital and heart centre....)

Thanks Vinsks,
i want a Hi Fi system now , after selling off my Sony MHC GR88 (~10 yr old , + superwoofer). I already have a LG HT902 5.1 , a PHILIPS micro HT MCD 288/98 with an iball tarang 4.1 mutimedia speakers setup.
I would appreciate it if the audio gurus educated me about the differences between the "normal" compact music systems and the Hi Fi ones.....
Thanks again
(PS- i am at narinder mohan hospital and heart centre....)

we live near by... i stay in sahibabad....

about the differance that you ask all i can say when you listen you will find a differance in turms of quality and that is big differance... that you can judge by yourself by listening it actually.

more details we left on the audio gurus.

i am also in process of buying a stareo setup... almost planed for norge + wharfdale 9.2 combo.... soon will go for audition

Hello Vinks & Dr Asit,
I live in Vaishali sector-4 and have been planning for auditioning Norge+Wharfe combi. I have been to nearby stores like Croma, Reliance digital but unable to get the audition of the above instead they have been hell bent upon me to sell Sonys, Samsungs of these worlds.
Reliance digital in Shipra Mall even have dedicated demo room with Denon, HK, Onkyo, Jamo setup but somehow they havent been able to make them work.
Experts here have pointed me to Danny at Bass & Treble Dwarka. Do let me know when you plan to have demo perhaps we can audition it together.

Cheers,
Dheeraj

hai sreedheeraj,

I heard Marantz 5003 + MS Aviano-2 last saturday, at Cressida AVZone, chennai and the experience was mindblowing.

You try to audition this combo, since it will fall within your budget of 40k.

N.Murali

Hello Vinks & Dr Asit,
I live in Vaishali sector-4 and have been planning for auditioning Norge+Wharfe combi. I have been to nearby stores like Croma, Reliance digital but unable to get the audition of the above instead they have been hell bent upon me to sell Sonys, Samsungs of these worlds.
Reliance digital in Shipra Mall even have dedicated demo room with Denon, HK, Onkyo, Jamo setup but somehow they havent been able to make them work.
Experts here have pointed me to Danny at Bass & Treble Dwarka. Do let me know when you plan to have demo perhaps we can audition it together.

Cheers,
Dheeraj

as i already mention staff over Reliance digital in Shipra Mall does not know anything about this product. its like gears for show only. demo product with no demo..... :yahoo:

i have talk once with danny (Bass & Treble Dwarka) on phone. he is realy nice man. he have some other brands as well.

@sridheeraj
@drasitkhanna
for audition of wharf and norge. lets plan for it. we can go all togather. PM me your contact details. more system means we can ask for more discount :clapping::eek:hyeah:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back