Need advice on a budget atmos av receiver

Go for Denon if more priority is for movies. Marantz also will be good but Denon is more dynamic and punchy. I have done a direct shoot out of marantz 7010 With 4500 in my room which isn’t fair on the marantz being a 3 years older model. The marantz was musical but the Denon was a beast in action sequences. Getting the right speakers will give you good performance with music on the Denon as well. Denon is a beast when it comes to movies period. Only way to decide which is better for your taste is to compare side by side in same room and set up. Going to one showroom and checking Denon and another showroom for marantz or Yamaha is totally a wrong approach to decide which avr performs best.
True. Completely agree with you. I have to do a side by side review with same set of speakers on both Denon and Marantz. Will ensure that.

I'd prefer Yamaha 685 over 2600. With my demos, Denon entry models 1xxx and 2xxx didn't seem inpressive/convincing. Slimlines from Marantz are good, their power may or may not be a concern. For my hall (which is L shaped and relatively big) - they didn't give me enough confidence.

Yamaha's 2.2 preout, may look ordinary feature, but it carries weight if you ever think of adding a power amp. (Which I am thinking of now)

I have v585, feature packed and great performer. Been using it for an year - but it doesn't have a preout. It's 7.2 channel and it lets you bi-amp front towers, which is a good option.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back