Need advice on buying floor standing speakers

madaboutmusic

Hello everyone,

I have a 5.1 Yamaha 265 HT system which I bought in year 2005. Now I want to upgrade. I would like your reccommedations on:
1. whether I should first buy floor standing speakers and then go for other speakers and sub?
2. or I should change the entire speaker package?
3. I would like to retain the AV receiver? Is it advisable?

My budget is around 35-40K now whether I change the speaker set completely or the entire HT system along with AV receiver.

I am looking for good clarity music system for home to enjoy music and watch movies in HD.

Kindly advise.

Cheers,
madaboutmusic

if youre willing to save and spend more at a later date then make out a master plan and then go ahead and buy parts of it at a time. it would do you good to listen to a few brands out there (wharfedales, kef, monitor audio, usher for speakers) (denon, marantz, yamaha, onkyo, nad, cambridge for amps - though nad and cambridge will be out of budget if youre going surround sound). dont worry abt the speakers being fs or bs. you get bookshelves that sound really good esp if your room size isnt too big

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back