Need advice on Mission speakers and Cambrigde amp.

jayesh

Hi Everybody

I am new to this forum and would like to get expert comments from you for my following query.
I am planning to buy an amp and a pair of bookshelf speakers. My budget is 30-35K. I have approached a dealer and he suggests many combinations and totally confused :licklips:.
After checking many sites and reviews I have a combination of Cambridge 340A amp and mission 31i speakers.
I listen to all style of music. So can you please help me with your comments if the said combination is ok or any better is available with in this range?

Thanks in advance
Jayesh

Hi Everybody

I am new to this forum and would like to get expert comments from you for my following query.
I am planning to buy an amp and a pair of bookshelf speakers. My budget is 30-35K. I have approached a dealer and he suggests many combinations and totally confused :licklips:.
After checking many sites and reviews I have a combination of Cambridge 340A amp and mission 31i speakers.
I listen to all style of music. So can you please help me with your comments if the said combination is ok or any better is available with in this range?

Thanks in advance
Jayesh

I have not heard the CA + Mission combo. But I have heard to CA + MS speakers, they were really great combo. I heard to both Aviano1 and 902i along with CA 340A, Aviano1 is costly compared to 902is. But I feel both are good for their price.

You can audition them @ Koramangala, just behind the BDA Complex (dont remember the shop name).

I am sure other experts from the forum can give u more inputs.

Last edited:
Hi:

Welcome.

Your choice of budget integrated amp in CA 340 is good, very musical, indeed. Other amps in the same price category could be a Marantz PM4001, NAD 320 - if stocks last.

I'm not too sure about the synergy between CA and Mission speakers, but for an amp like the 340, you cannot go wrong with the older MS 902i, Diamond 9.1/9.2, Aviano 1.

Both CA and MS being same concern, have got excellent synergy. IMO.

:)

How much are you being quoted for the same combo?
You could also look at Wharfedale 9.1/10.1, Cambridge Audio s30, Paradigm Atom, Psb B1, QA 1010.
The Paradigm Atom is highly recommended.

Hi, incase you decide to go with Missions, i would suggest you go for a Mission M32i instead of M31i as the sound is more open with body and the bass is extremely good as well. I use them with a NAD amp though and not CA. I liked this combination better to CA. Good luck.

swami

i use a CA/MISSION combo,albeit the 640A V2/M35i.i find the sound to be warm,very neutral,a little clinical perhaps?excellent bass,very expansive mids,great highs.for my listening(listen to pretty much everything out there),i absolutely love it.especially after addition of the dac and cat5e spkr cables,my rig seems to have a new persona entirely.constantly surprises me just how good it sounds,in spite of the fact that it needs a bigger room and the dac is still burnin in(need a min 100hrs) ;)!!.great component synergy for the money.
look for something that is reasonably sensitive and u should be fine.all the speakers u have listed will do.audition them,ur taste may differ from anothers!!
that said mission/nad,ca/ms are the usual pairings.YMMV.cheers

Thanks dears, for all your reveiws, sure I will try MS 902i / aviano with my confirmed CA340 :).

Also I got the address of dealer in bangalore
Audio Planet
703/4, 6th B Cross, 3rd Block, Behind BDA Complex, Koramangala,

Regards
Jayesh K S

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back