Need advice on Voltage Stabilizer for my HT setup!

mmaran

Hi All

I am starting a new thread for getting your advice on a voltage stabilizer.

My HT setup:-

AVR: Yamaha RXV477
Speakers: Pioneer AJ5235XT with powered sub-woofer
BD player: SONY BDP-S6500
TV: SONY 32" LED Full HD - 32EX650
DTH: Videocon D2H HD

Kindly sugget your options, thank you in advance!

1.5KVA stabilizer should be more than enough, that gives sufficient head room. 1kVA will suffice the requirement, but if you have a habit of pumping the volume to >50%, got for 1.5kVA. Makes like V guard is good.

V-guard is good, but ensure you chose a model which is not one with the delay timer ,usually associated with ACs.

Hi All
I'm already using a Belkin (6 socket) surge protector for past 2 years .Is it advisable to buy a stabiliser along with that.
In case if it is good ,how to take the connection? please help.

V Guard digi 200 is an awesome stabilizer. I'm using it for all my equipment except my projector. My projector has a dedicated APC UPS which does both voltage stabilization and provides power backup.

i was talking to an APC dealer the other day and he said they have stopped selling them as things are in a flux. There is a rumour floating around that Schneider (APC owner) is looking to offload the UPS business to Luminous.

Did you get 1 or 1.5 KVA UPS? Also is it a pure sinewave or squarewave UPS?

Last edited:
i was talking to an APC dealer the other day and he said they have stopped selling them as things are in a flux. There is a rumour floating around that Schneider (APC owner) is looking to offload the UPS business to Luminous.

Did you get 1 or 1.5 KVA UPS? Also is it a pure sinewave or squarewave UPS?
It is the online UPS 1 KVA (or 1.1). It is the one that is meant to be used with computers and outputs a sinewave. The backup time is 15 minutes but i anyway have a UPS for my entire home which kicks in immediately - so backup time on the projector UPS is irrelevant for me

Vguard says "VM300 is used for Microwave oven/Treadmill/washing Machine (Up to 8 Amps)". It has Mains turn on delay feature which may not be suitable for projector i think

I had an unused voltage stab, and power condition was suiting my needs.
The mains delay is only 3secs, and is not hurting me.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back