Need Advice replacing Amplifier

nag1980

Hi,
i have used Sony MHCGN999DS Mini-Hi-Fi component system, now my amplifier got some problems and is not repairable. Is it possible to replace the amplifier with out changing my existing speakers.
Speakers: central & surround 50W each, woofer, left& right: 166W each.
Is there any amplifier compatible with these speakers & with the features
5.1, karaoke, aux-In, Bluetooth, USB etc.

Please suggest,

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi,
i have used Sony MHCGN999DS Mini-Hi-Fi component system, now my amplifier got some problems and is not repairable. Is it possible to replace the amplifier with out changing my existing speakers.

Please suggest,

Thanks in anticipation.

Check the Impedance rating on the speakers. Sony satellite speakers are usually rated at 6 ohms and surrounds at 16ohms. Most of the modern receivers would support 6ohms, however, 16 is doubtful. Some of the Vintage amps might support it. Also, the sub might be a passive unit. So you would need something that has inbuilt application for the sub too, since most modern receivers would only have a Sub Pre Out.

Check the manual for details information and then hunt for a compatible amp.

MaSh

Hi,

Please suggest,

Thanks in anticipation.

Yes, just do what 'MaSh' has advised, finding a matching AVR wouldn't be any issue if the impedance is between 4-8 ohms.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back