Need advice to buy headphone for < 3K

guys i recently bought the cowan S9, pl suggest a good head phone considering I have a budget of less than 2K in B'lore

Thanks

guys i recently bought the cowan S9, pl suggest a good head phone considering I have a budget of less than 2K in B'lore

Thanks

You can check at forum. Imagine store has few models from Sennheiser, Denon, Philips etc... Also they have Senn HD 202 and Denon AH-P372K for demo... you can try them...

I brought HD 202 yesterday and it is really good. It costs 1590/-

Also you can try Landmark. They have few models from Sennheiser, Denon, Philips, Audio Technica, BeyerDynamics, Panasonic etc...

You can check at forum. Imagine store has few models from Sennheiser, Denon, Philips etc... Also they have Senn HD 202 and Denon AH-P372K for demo... you can try them...

Also you can try Landmark. They have few models from Sennheiser, Denon, Philips, Audio Technica, BeyerDynamics, Panasonic etc...
:O where in Landmark , I go there almost every weekend but never spotted the headphone section.

On the topic - I am thinking of buying new IEM's (earphones) ,my budget is 4k and i have following options in mind --

1)RE-0 -- 4k
2)RE-2 +FiioE5 2.5k
3)klipsch image s4 - 4k

if someone has listened to any of these or owns them then please comment ,
I prefer sounstage and clarity of sound over bass .

Thanks nizarp, however I was wondering if the Dennons or the Senns would be really better than the one which comes with the product. :confused:

Cheers, Nitin

:O where in Landmark , I go there almost every weekend but never spotted the headphone section.

On the topic - I am thinking of buying new IEM's (earphones) ,my budget is 4k and i have following options in mind --

1)RE-0 -- 4k
2)RE-2 +FiioE5 2.5k
3)klipsch image s4 - 4k

if someone has listened to any of these or owns them then please comment ,
I prefer sounstage and clarity of sound over bass .

The Re-2 is unremarkable. I haven't heard the RE-0 yet. The Klipsch X10 was quite decent but with a very rolled off bottom end. No idea how the S4 sounds.

My honest opinion would be the Maximo iM-590. They are forwardish sounding IEMs with excellent details and soundstaging. The bass while doesn't have the impact as say a Nuforc Ne-7, it at least isn't as sterile sounding as the latter.

Hey nizarp, Can you be a bit more specific than "really good"?
How is bass response?
How is the midrange & highs?

Can you compare the experience with any other headphones you have?
Did you happen to audition the HD 212 Pros?

Thanks,

Hey nizarp, Can you be a bit more specific than "really good"?
How is bass response?
How is the midrange & highs?

Can you compare the experience with any other headphones you have?
Did you happen to audition the HD 212 Pros?

Thanks,

I have been using the HD 202 for the last 4 days and I am very satisfied. Here is my experience.

The first thing that impressed me was the bass response. The bass is simply great for a headphone of this price. The midranges and highs handling are also above average. It fits to to ears properly and they are very comfortable.

Also I have watched a movie with this headphone and I really enjoyed the stereo effects in the movie.

But at high volume levels (more than 80%), the sound seems to lack the clarity. Anyways for this price range, it is really worth the buy.

I have not listened to HD 212 Pro, but I have listened to HD 280 Pro. But that is definitely a different range.

oof the shelf u could try Sennheiser PX100.. amazing clarity and openness...
however sound leaks will be there...

Or not sure to get in India try Grado SR60 ...

cheers,
kannan

Koss Porta Pro.........
No second thoughts about it..........these are some of the best sounding stereophones which haven't changed for more than 20 years!!! You cannot perfect perfection........:yahoo:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back