Need advice to choose between this TV models (48"-50")!

shiningknight

Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy a 48" - 50" TV and visited a few showrooms in my area.

I shortlisted this models

1. Sony W800C 50" - Rs 84000
2. Samsung 50J5570 50" - Rs 84000
3. Sony W700C 48" - Rs 73000

I can bargain for 2-4k less. So, please do advise which model is great in terms of features, PQ, in short, an all rounder. :)

PS. Need just 1080p, 3D not necessary. Will use for standard TV watching, USB movies + subtitles, video chatting.

Thanks.

Be aware that many Samsung tvs have translucent lines in the background which can only be viewed when the screen pans quickly like in a cricket or football match both my Samsung plasma and my Samsung crt have it. Play some background color slides to make sure.

I have a samsung edge lit led I don't have any such problem
I suggested samsung coz I have seen w800c and found motion blur issues. And w700c is old doesn't make sense now

I'm also looking for a TV in this range and was quite confused. I checked out reviews and ratings on rtings.com. Almost all websites had Samsung on the top followed by Sony and then LG.
Sony 800D is this year's upgrade to 800c. I've searched but couldn't find what the differences are between them.
Another panel that impressed was the LG-LF6300. Although it didn't get rave reviews, my experience with a 26" LED says with the advanced settings in LG colour calibration, the panel will be good for daily movie viewing.
I'll watch this thread with interest to see what other suggestions pour in :)

thanks,
Ravi

Difference between 800c and 800d is that c panel is assembled outside india, 800d panels are assembled in india.

And yes, 43lf6300 is good vfm tv. While choosing between sony 43w800c and lg 43lf6300 i went with lg because even though sony is much better in terms of picture quality and isatrue 120hz panel, it was 10k more expensive than the lg. and i was not willing to pay extra for a feature that im not going to use that is 3d and 120hz (most pros advise you to turn it off for better movie watching experience).

Difference between 800c and 800d is that c panel is assembled outside india, 800d panels are assembled in india.

And yes, 43lf6300 is good vfm tv. While choosing between sony 43w800c and lg 43lf6300 i went with lg because even though sony is much better in terms of picture quality and isatrue 120hz panel, it was 10k more expensive than the lg. and i was not willing to pay extra for a feature that im not going to use that is 3d and 120hz (most pros advise you to turn it off for better movie watching experience).

Thanks for that. That explains the difference. If the panel is assembled in India, it should've been cheaper :p If I remember right, the price was around 1L when I checked at the store yesterday.

Back