Need Advise, Bought Pioneer VSX-330k m from Amazon

diliplp

Hello Guys,

I am looking for entry level AVR around 25k, main requirement is movies (DTS-HDMA mostly ).

I narrowed down to Pioneer 330k and denon x500.

As denon doesn't do HDMA, skipped it and bought Pioneer one.

I need your suggestions wether its good deal or I can get better VFM AVR than this, I am ok with extending budget till 30k for avr

I can still cancel the order.

In my city, audition not easily available .

So i trust you guys, plz advise.

Also looking for 5.1 speaker package with FS, like taga 506 or better(I know its 5.0, but cannot find FS with woofer in this price range ) Budget 20-25k for 5.1 speakers.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Need Advise, Bought Pioneer VSX-330k @21k from Amazon

Hello Guys,

I am looking for entry level AVR around 25k, main requirement is movies (DTS-HDMA mostly ).

I narrowed down to Pioneer 330k and denon x500.

As denon doesn't do HDMA, skipped it and bought Pioneer one.

I need your suggestions wether its good deal or I can get better VFM AVR than this, I am ok with extending budget till 30k for avr

I can still cancel the order.

In my city, audition not easily available .

So i trust you guys, plz advise.

Also looking for 5.1 speaker package with FS, like taga 506 or better(I know its 5.0, but cannot find FS with woofer in this price range ) Budget 20-25k for 5.1 speakers.

Thanks in advance.

It does not look like a bad deal at all but being a Pioneer user I would say that Pioneer higher models are better choice like 8xx, 9xx, etc.

Hi Congratulations for the purchase .Just clarifying you that X 500 decodes DTS HDMA also_Only thing is that latest codec Atmos and DTS X cannot be done and 4k. Taga will be good for its price range.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Yes I would agree with him. In entry level Denon is better than Poineer. My friend bought Poineer 30XX and Marantz 40XX from reliance digital store and the pioneer is in shelf. I also noticed the difference as Marantz entry level is far better and personally I own Denon entry level model equivalent to what you mention. Personally Denon is winning the hands down between them. And Marantz entry is far better than above two

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Thanks all for your time and inputs.

Oh denon does HDMA :(, my bad.

Now denon x500 is costing me 4k more than the pioneer one(denon costing 25k approx which is not avail currently with that seller), is it worth extra cash ? also I used my citi cashbank for pioneer now so no 2000/- off.

I have my PC and Raspberry PI hooked up to TV so no worry about network features and all.

Upgrading from edifier DA5000 Pro. Can I use those speakers and if possible woofer too with the pioneer ?

Edifier Specs :
Total Power RMS 12W x 3 + 6W x 2 + 60W x 1
Satellite RMS Power /ea Each satellite with 3 inch (78mm) mid-range and inch (20mm) tweeter, 4?
Subwoofer RMS Power 8 inch (210mm), 4?
Frequency Response Front and surround channels: 160Hz-20KHz | Subwoofer channel: 20Hz-160Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio(SNR) ?80dB
Input sensitivity: 5.1Ch: L/R: 250mV +/- 50mV SW: 150mV +/- 50mV PC: L/R: 450mV +/- 50mV SW: 150mV +/- 50mV CD: L/R: 550mV +/- 50mV SW: 200mV +/- 50mV

Subwoofer
Subwoofer Type Passive
Subwoofer Frequency Range 20 - 160 hertz
Subwoofer Impedance 4 ohm
Wired/Wireless Wired

It does not look like a bad deal at all but being a Pioneer user I would say that Pioneer higher models are better choice like 8xx, 9xx, etc.

Pioneer 831k costing 35.5k on amazon.in, which is still 14k higher than the 330k. 330k has all the features I need, will 831k give benefits in terms of sound quality for the extra cash ?

Pioneer 831k costing 35.5k on amazon.in, which is still 14k higher than the 330k. 330k has all the features I need, will 831k give benefits in terms of sound quality for the extra cash ?

If 330 suits all your requirements, stick to it.. Don't spend on something which you are not sure if it might give you better results..

If you can squeeze anymore budget, get the sub-woofer and make it a complete 5.1..

If 330 suits all your requirements, stick to it.. Don't spend on something which you are not sure if it might give you better results..

If you can squeeze anymore budget, get the sub-woofer and make it a complete 5.1..
Yes, I can extend budget for 5.1, please suggest sets in 25-35k range.
Or I can get taga 5.0 for now and add sub later.

Yes, I can extend budget for 5.1, please suggest sets in 25-35k range.
Or I can get taga 5.0 for now and add sub later.

You can settle for Taga 5.0 and add sub later.. The FS can give you decent bass until you get the sub..

Please do not be in such a hurry to buy a major investment such as an AVR.

Do a lot of research of brands, companies, models, budgets, pricing, features, service, warranty etc.

Do not worry if the pricing of NOW sounds very enticing. There will always be a better model at a better price in the future.

I would recommend take your time and do some more research and then buy. If possible cancel your order (but then that is your call).

Please do not be in such a hurry to buy a major investment such as an AVR.

Do a lot of research of brands, companies, models, budgets, pricing, features, service, warranty etc.

Do not worry if the pricing of NOW sounds very enticing. There will always be a better model at a better price in the future.

I would recommend take your time and do some more research and then buy. If possible cancel your order (but then that is your call).

Right Vinod, I agree with you, now if I m cancelling and extending budget till 35k to 40k for avr, what r my options .

I am considering these Denon 520bt, Pioneer 831k.

Please suggest.

Besides, take a look at this,
http://vadodara.quikr.com/Genuine-D...h-Free-ATH-M50X-Headphones-W0QQAdIdZ275939719

From price it seems like scam.

Its good that you have decided to take some more time to think about the AVR.
Collect the features that you need and compare it against your listed products.
Brand vs Brand - It seems the most confusing thing !!!
I read about Denon being better than Pioneer somewhere in this thread, sounded very strange to me as I am using Pioneer VSX 830-X from last 1 year and I am very happy with everything till now. Exiting sound, good punch, all the features @ 5.2 Ch, no cheap construction like spring connectors etc..., good music performance while playing HD audio (lossless ALAC, FLAC, etc..) from front panel USB, powerful to drive any speaker combination, etc etc etc.

Choosing brand should contain consideration about the servicing availability near you as well, so verify that servicing center is available for your brand near you.

Pioneer 831 @ Amazon for ~36K - It does not contain Pioneer Official Warranty, contains seller's warranty which may not be worthy.

Which city are you in? Have you experienced your listed models in audition?

Read, read and read......

Understand, understand and understand.......

As you gain more knowledge, you will realize what kind of performance you are looking at what price.

Learn from our members threads. Go through any thread which says AVR as it provides information about users in India (not some one in the USA) and our user experiences.

Service issue, problems, type of AVR, speaker matching etc.

Its good that you have decided to take some more time to think about the AVR.
Collect the features that you need and compare it against your listed products.
Brand vs Brand - It seems the most confusing thing !!!
I read about Denon being better than Pioneer somewhere in this thread, sounded very strange to me as I am using Pioneer VSX 830-X from last 1 year and I am very happy with everything till now. Exiting sound, good punch, all the features @ 5.2 Ch, no cheap construction like spring connectors etc..., good music performance while playing HD audio (lossless ALAC, FLAC, etc..) from front panel USB, powerful to drive any speaker combination, etc etc etc.

Choosing brand should contain consideration about the servicing availability near you as well, so verify that servicing center is available for your brand near you.

Pioneer 831 @ Amazon for ~36K - It does not contain Pioneer Official Warranty, contains seller's warranty which may not be worthy.

Which city are you in? Have you experienced your listed models in audition?
I asked Amazon seller wireworld and he confirmed on email, it contains pioneer India warranty @35.5k, the other seller however is giving seller warranty.

M inclined towards 831, it has all connectivity features including airplay.

My favourite avr is denon x2200w but it's way beyond my budget for now.

As Mr Vinod says I am reading reading and reading.

This is what I found on Amazon:
========================
Customer Questions & Answers
Question: @grand bala, how do we contact for warranty (seller warranty) if we have any issue with the AV receiver which we brought from you? I am in chennai
Answer:
I am also in chennai if any issue you can contact us
By bsmani on 3 June, 2016 seller

Question: Will you provide us Pioneer - India manufacturer warranty?
Answer:
seller warranty.
By bsmani on 31 May, 2016 seller

Question: Does this av reciever has pioneer or seller warranty? "bsmani" answered seller warranty in 1 qs. wat abt pioneer warranty. is this original product?
Answer:
Original imported product so seller warranty.
By bsmani on 11 July, 2016 seller

Question: Will seller provide Pioneer India warranty ? or the different one?
Answer:
No Pioneer India warranty.
By bsmani on 31 May, 2016 seller

Question: How the seller warranty fulfilled for a different city other than Chennai? Say Pune for an instance.
Answer:
If any issue we will arrange the service.
By bsmani on 11 July, 2016 seller

Question: What is the warranty?
Answer:
One year Seller warranty.
By bsmani on 15 May, 2016 seller
========================

* Audition is the key, trust your ears.

Good that you are back to zero.my sincere advice is first you understand the differences between stereo amp and AVR with respect to price and SQ.
I have done my research wth this forum almost like 5 to 6 months and gone ahead.
Do not settle for entry level speakers either. Soon you will get the upgrade itch which will torture you.
I have done a mistake of purchasing an AVR for music listening thinking that it will do the movie job also.
But that is a blunder mistake people often start with( many would agree with me as well here)
For your budget, stereo will do the day and night difference from AVR

@ guddu478
I mention about entry level pioneer vs Denon vs Marantz.
Any day Marantz> Denon> pioneer for entry level in my opinion

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back