Need Advise, Bought Pioneer VSX-330k m from Amazon

I did not have much experience with them as I listen to them twice in Bangalore showroom as well as Vipul Audio which is not drawn my attention. Frankly I don't know

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

I am overwhelmed by so many helpful responses over my query, thank you all :yahoo:

No Pioneer India warranty.
By bsmani on 31 May, 2016 seller

Q

Dear Guddu, Thanks for your concern,however I already read it that's why I look for other seller than bsmani, i.e. WireWorld, I asked him abt warranty, he responded officially on email that it covers pioneer India warranty, please refer
AIoUvN.png

@ guddu478
I mention about entry level pioneer vs Denon vs Marantz.
Any day Marantz> Denon> pioneer for entry level in my opinion
I see Marantz prices way above other too.

Good that you are back to zero.my sincere advice is first you understand the differences between stereo amp and AVR with respect to price and SQ.
I have done my research wth this forum almost like 5 to 6 months and gone ahead.
Do not settle for entry level speakers either. Soon you will get the upgrade itch which will torture you.
I have done a mistake of purchasing an AVR for music listening thinking that it will do the movie job also.
But that is a blunder mistake people often start with( many would agree with me as well here)
For your budget, stereo will do the day and night difference from AVR
Points noted, one thing I know for sure is, I don't want stereo, AVR only.

No need to cut and paste comments.....:)let him do the hard work as we have.....:)

Spoon feeding never helped anyone!
I am doing what I can :)

Regards,
Dilip

Last edited:
Thanks all for your time and inputs.

Upgrading from edifier DA5000 Pro. Can I use those speakers and if possible woofer too with the pioneer ?

Edifier Specs :
Total Power RMS 12W x 3 + 6W x 2 + 60W x 1
Satellite RMS Power /ea Each satellite with 3 inch (78mm) mid-range and inch (20mm) tweeter, 4?
Subwoofer RMS Power 8 inch (210mm), 4?
Frequency Response Front and surround channels: 160Hz-20KHz | Subwoofer channel: 20Hz-160Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio(SNR) ?80dB
Input sensitivity: 5.1Ch: L/R: 250mV +/- 50mV SW: 150mV +/- 50mV PC: L/R: 450mV +/- 50mV SW: 150mV +/- 50mV CD: L/R: 550mV +/- 50mV SW: 200mV +/- 50mV

Subwoofer
Subwoofer Type Passive
Subwoofer Frequency Range 20 - 160 hertz
Subwoofer Impedance 4 ohm
Wired/Wireless Wired

Please refer image for avail ports on my edifier sub.
RE9cT8.jpg

As I read somewhere, Can I connect Pre Out Sub >> AUX input here ?
Or Pre out Sub >> C/SW in ?

Please guide.

Please refer image for avail ports on my edifier sub.

As I read somewhere, Can I connect Pre Out Sub >> AUX input here ?
Or Pre out Sub >> C/SW in ?

Please guide.

Hi,

You can try connecting Sub Pre Out to the SW IN on your sub in the 5.1 section. AUX input might or might not work. The AUX input would be feeding signal to the front speaker and probably the sub too via a cross over. Hence, feeding the SUB Pre out from receiver might not provide the intended result.

MaSh

Hi,

You can try connecting Sub Pre Out to the SW IN on your sub in the 5.1 section. AUX input might or might not work. The AUX input would be feeding signal to the front speaker and probably the sub too via a cross over. Hence, feeding the SUB Pre out from receiver might not provide the intended result.

MaSh
Ok, I think Aux input will work, coz when I give stereo source via aux input it does send it to sub.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Ordered taga 606 v.3 too. Keeping avr for now, no more budget, will upgrade later.

Ordered taga 606 v.3 too. Keeping avr for now, no more budget, will upgrade later.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk[/QUO

Hay you can also check some review of Yamaha rx-v381 is rated better than pioneer vsx-831, I am surprised.

Yamaha RX-V381 REVIEW - A Solid Entry Level Receiver -

Pioneer VSX-831 REVIEW - Great Sound and Value

Yeah, considered that but as per yamaha dealers 381 never released in India.

I have extended budget and considering
1. Yamaha RX V581, approx 40k
2. Denon 520BT, 33k
3. Denon 1200, 46k

Inclined towards 581, will only go for 1200w if it's really worth extra bucks.

Please help me choose guys.

You can consider Yamaha Rx-v481 instead of 581 if you are fine with 5.1
481 is equally good with same power specs and you can save some money.
It is a better option than 520bt and Pioneer 330.

Yeah, considered that but as per yamaha dealers 381 never released in India.

I have extended budget and considering
1. Yamaha RX V581, approx 40k
2. Denon 520BT, 33k
3. Denon 1200, 46k

Inclined towards 581, will only go for 1200w if it's really worth extra bucks.

Please help me choose guys.

@sunilkm: Did meant 481 only, sorry for typo, 581 is costing way more than that.

@Immu: I am getting prices for denon and pioneer both around 46k, being in vadodara, gujarat I have limited options for local dealers, referring online p rices.

Already took baby steps into avr with Pioneer 330 + taga 606 v3. Sound quality is awesome, movies lived to a whole new level. punch was there with my edifier sub, tower sub is not enough for me.

Now both AVR and speakers given to my relative. I am again on hunt for the same. Budget 40k for avr plus 30k for speakers later( have edifier speakers for now). Movies 80%( Hollywood action mostly), Music 20%, have hooked up my PC to TV all the time, not worried about DTS:x,ATMOS etc, 5.1 is ok for now.

So with your inputs and further read revised options are

1. Yamaha RX V481, approx 39k
2. Denon 1200w, 46k
3. Pioneer vsx-1131 @ 46k

I am inclined towards Yamaha RX v481, if price difference is not much 2nd choice is the denon.

Please advise guys.

I am ok with used products too, already checking classifieds for the same.

if you planning for Denon X1200W you should also consider Pioneer VSX-1131, it has very good reviews i think little better than 1200W, for little lesser price tag compared to 1200w,

Pioneer VSX-1131 Review

Denon AVR-X1200W REVIEW -*

One more option MARANTZ NR1506 was available at 44k on amazon from seller, if its avail again, does that make good option, as I read Marantz good for music more.

@sunilkm: Did meant 481 only, sorry for typo, 581 is costing way more than that.

@Immu: I am getting prices for denon and pioneer both around 46k, being in vadodara, gujarat I have limited options for local dealers, referring online p rices.

Already took baby steps into avr with Pioneer 330 + taga 606 v3. Sound quality is awesome, movies lived to a whole new level. punch was there with my edifier sub, tower sub is not enough for me.

Now both AVR and speakers given to my relative. I am again on hunt for the same. Budget 40k for avr plus 30k for speakers later( have edifier speakers for now). Movies 80%( Hollywood action mostly), Music 20%, have hooked up my PC to TV all the time, not worried about DTS:x,ATMOS etc, 5.1 is ok for now.

2. Denon 1200w, 46k

I am inclined towards Yamaha RX v481, if price difference is not much 2nd choice is the denon.

Please advise guys.

In OLX i saw an add for pioneer Vsx-1131 @38k, was chatting with the seller he said he gets pioneer receivers imported for Singapore & call up if you need any other models but i have no plans for now may be in Jan-17 hence could not call him.

I heard about Denon service is not that great in India.

2. Denon 1200w, 46k

Please advise guys.

Hi how was your experience with Pioneer Vsx 330 & Taga 606, how does it sounds with music please share you experience and what you think of Taga 506 v2 speakers does it worth.

Hi how was your experience with Pioneer Vsx 330 & Taga 606, how does it sounds with music please share you experience and what you think of Taga 506 v2 speakers does it worth.

First of all, I am no audiophile, having said that music was good on the combo not Gr8, better on Pure Direct mode IMHO.

Movies sound awesome with sub, I heard Bahubali and some Hollywood blue ray demos from demo disc, very happy with the same however can not say same for music. again this is my opinion, I am taking my baby steps into hi-fi and had not auditioned more setups yet so cannot compare.

I think 506V2 shoud have similar sound signature, besides why would u consider that, I see almost same prices for both.

I bought 606 at approx 22k.
Taga Harmony TAV-606 v.3 5.0 Set | eBay

PS: For movies FSs not enough, separate sub must.

First of all, I am no audiophile, having said that music was good on the combo not Gr8, better on Pure Direct mode IMHO.

Movies sound awesome with sub, I heard Bahubali and some Hollywood blue ray demos from demo disc, very happy with the same however can not say same for music. again this is my opinion, I am taking my baby steps into hi-fi and had not auditioned more setups yet so cannot compare.

I think 506V2 shoud have similar sound signature, besides why would u consider that, I see almost same prices for both.

Well thanks for your reply, Tav 606 v3 towers looks more bulky since my living room is an medium size Tav 505v2 will have a better look, and currently I am also using my edifier DA5000pro connected to my PC and then to my newly bought 55" 4k Tv hence planing to upgrade,

The cost of Taga harmony is more tempting never got an opportunity to audition,

have auditioned polk audio Tsx 300 5.1 with denon avr x500 some tome back sounded great for movies also polk TL600 5.1 satellite speakers sounded better then polk Tsx 300 towers but of less wattage hence he could not increase the volume,

have auditioned yamaha NSP-380 with htr 3067 was sounding great for music felt as if i was hearing from a tower speakers unfortunately could not audition movie coz his yamaha dvd player was not connected,

i am 50% to 50% movie and music hence need a an some suggestions, not sure in Bangalore where i can audition Taga harmony:sad:

Sorry to ask you again! since you are using Edifier Speakers you must have noticed a difference, Edifier DA5000Pro sounds decent for music even for movies it sounds double the worth of its price since i've connected to PC which has 5.1 HD audio out on the mother board it sounds good, How do you feel the difference in VSX330 & TAV-606 speakers for music and movies when compared.

Sorry to ask you again! since you are using Edifier Speakers you must have noticed a difference, Edifier DA5000Pro sounds decent for music even for movies it sounds double the worth of its price since i've connected to PC which has 5.1 HD audio out on the mother board it sounds good, How do you feel the difference in VSX330 & TAV-606 speakers for music and movies when compared.

Don't be sorry, I am more than happy to help.

I felt big difference compared to Edifier in movies, many new sound effects, instruments can be heard with AVR which were not heard before. Edifier sub never felt same before. For music I was not that happy.

I am using edifier with cmedia USB 5.1 sound card, which is way better than onboard realtek.

If you are thinking of keeping edifier, IMO you must invest in good sound card, onboard audio is just good enough.

If your budget permits, skip Pioneer 330 and TAGA 606 both, invest in better components, I myself looking for alternatives. For the price Pioneer 330 and TAGA 606 is worth every penny.

I hope this helps, please let me know if any further query.

Don't be sorry, I am more than happy to help.

I felt big difference compared to Edifier in movies, many new sound effects, instruments can be heard with AVR which were not heard before. Edifier sub never felt same before. For music I was not that happy.

I am using edifier with cmedia USB 5.1 sound card, which is way better than onboard realtek.

If you are thinking of keeping edifier, IMO you must invest in good sound card, onboard audio is just good enough.

If your budget permits, skip Pioneer 330 and TAGA 606 both, invest in better components, I myself looking for alternatives. For the price Pioneer 330 and TAGA 606 is worth every penny.

I hope this helps, please let me know if any further query.

Thanks for your inputs! I wish i can look for a better options but my budget max is 40k to 50k cannot afford more than that coz i will get killed:)

I've heard lot good reviews about Taga 506V2/606 but i thing it depends on the AVR as well to make it perform well, i can consider Pioneer VSX-531 over 330 which has a good review but i think since these two models does not have Auto calibration, setting up manually takes some time and effort and once done accurately should yield better results,
any suggestions?

Pioneer VSX-531 REVIEW

Thanks for your inputs! I wish i can look for a better options but my budget max is 40k to 50k cannot afford more than that coz i will get killed:)

I've heard lot good reviews about Taga 506V2/606 but i thing it depends on the AVR as well to make it perform well, i can consider Pioneer VSX-531 over 330 which has a good review but i think since these two models does not have Auto calibration, setting up manually takes some time and effort and once done accurately should yield better results,
any suggestions?

Pioneer VSX-531 REVIEW

Agreed on both points, we need auto calibration and good AVR.

The hunt is on, I am also looking for sale section, can get well performing used receiver than entry lever new receiver in limited budget.

Back