Need Bass

I'm looking for louder bass. Currently I feel it's very less and any increase on the klipsch and I hear a lot of port noise and I'm a bit scared of damaging the driver on the kef T2. Second answer is for movies and in particular explosions or sound effects, like the edge of tomorrow starting scene or gravity starting (intro text before the first scene). It should be a numbing feeling without me able to figure out the location of the subwoofer (I guess that's how it's supposed to be?). As for the 3rd answer, I don't want a huge huge sub measuring over few feet in each direction. 50-60 kg (hence rythmik) is OK but something like a pb 16 ultra maybe too big. Budget wise I'm OK spending for a pair of rythmik, but then it should be worth it. bose and Sonos I could never like because I feel they overcharge for the quality of sound. For the 4th question the kef t101 are TM and t301 are MTM. Since I lack a woofer in all my speakers, I thought letting maximum lifting of lower frequencies by the subwoofer would be beneficial.

I'm not sure what you mean by numbing as bass doesn't do that, even at high volumes. If you don't want to figure out the location of a sub it is best to use a XO that is 100-120Hz or lower and use duals or more. The larger a sub is the greater its efficiency in the lower bass region, to overcome this you need to use multiple smaller subs (again needing space) or power, however power has limits are there are limits to to how much an amplifier will put out and limits to a drivers capacity to take power. I do not know how much the rhythmik costs, I assume you are talking about the Rythmik FV15HP ? Depending upon budget the dual Rhythmik is likely ideal for you if it fits your budget and space requirements. I think it would satisfy you but your experience will be limited because of the limited capacity of your speakers, a lot of sounds are wide bandwidth and hence your speakers need to also play at that volume. You could run the sub to 200Hz but you will likely be able to localize it and it may or may not sound good as this is typically not the area they are designed to cover. If you are set on a 200Hz XO some tests show the Rythmik been designed to roll off above 100Hz. How loud you listen is very important here, you are currently underwhlemed by your subwoofers however 2x of the Rythmik will likely be overkill for you. I suggest buying 1 sub and seeing if it satisfies your appetite, as your posts indicate you want "more of the same" rather than a different "kettle of fish". Just my humble opinion.

Just an update.
Went to Avenue Sound Kemp's Corner in Malabar Hills to audition FVX12 and FV15HP.
Few points I'd like to make
The store has a very small dedicated mini theater approx 11'x8'.
The FV15HP is a mammoth sub. If one is planning to buy it, one should start hitting the gym before one starts saving.
The person attending to me was one Rahul, who was good with manners and had no idea about any of the products he was trying to market or the components he owned. The questions asked to him about the subs were answered from Rythmik official website.
I carried my own media (music and clips) and I do have a server at home which I wanted to access, which I couldn't listen to since Rahul didn't know a way around.
The FVX12 was connected to a Marantz with floor standing speakers, hence the subwoofer alone couldn't be heard.
The FV15HP was connected with bookshelf speakers and with the limited content I could access, I found it having the potential.
The man attending to us couldn't find enough content to make me fall in love with the sub.
He practically deafened us with volumes of about 70 on his Marantz SR7011or 12. When will people understand 'louder isn't better'?
I've been to a lot of hifi shops in Andheri, Bandra, Parel and Juhu and by far, this was the worst experience ever.
I contacted the owner to share my review and I've told him that the trip and the day was wasted. He was apologetic and asked me to come again for a visit.

I'm sorry for my rant, but I don't understand it. They are sole importers for Rythmik in India and the only store that carry these subs in Mumbai. With this kind of a demo the only reason I'd still consider a Rythmik would be coz of this forum being in love with the sub. The reason for going there was to choose between the 2.
Since their theater room is about 1/4th my size I don't think I can ever make a fair assessment of the subs without buying them and installing them in my room.

Just an update.
Went to Avenue Sound Kemp's Corner in Malabar Hills to audition FVX12 and FV15HP.
The FV15HP is a mammoth sub. If one is planning to buy it, one should start hitting the gym before one starts saving.
The person attending to me was one Rahul, who was good with manners and had no idea about any of the products he was trying to market or the components he owned. The questions asked to him about the subs were answered from Rythmik official website.
I carried my own media (music and clips) and I do have a server at home which I wanted to access, which I couldn't listen to since Rahul didn't know a way around.
The FVX12 was connected to a Marantz with floor standing speakers, hence the subwoofer alone couldn't be heard.
The FV15HP was connected with bookshelf speakers and with the limited content I could access, I found it having the potential.
The man attending to us couldn't find enough content to make me fall in love with the sub.
He practically deafened us with volumes of about 70 on his Marantz SR7011or 12. When will people understand 'louder isn't better'?
I've been to a lot of hifi shops in Andheri, Bandra, Parel and Juhu and by far, this was the worst experience ever.
I contacted the owner to share my review and I've told him that the trip and the day was wasted. He was apologetic and asked me to come again for a visit.

I'm sorry for my rant, but I don't understand it. They are sole importers for Rythmik in India and the only store that carry these subs in Mumbai. With this kind of a demo the only reason I'd still consider a Rythmik would be coz of this forum being in love with the sub. The reason for going there was to choose between the 2.
Since their theater room is about 1/4th my size I don't think I can ever make a fair assessment of the subs without buying them and installing them in my room.
Yeah . . I have been there..
That's why earlier I have mentioned that buying a subwoofer based on demo isn't a right choice..

Yeah . . I have been there..
That's why earlier I have mentioned that buying a subwoofer based on demo isn't a right choice..
I agree now completely, but needed to see it in physical form to be sure how good the construction and looks are. Also for a 3000cuft room, should I consider a pair of fv15hp or go towards the FVX12 x2 or FVX15 x2.
The Pb2000 pros are yet to be launched in India, so that's another sub I'd be interested in

I agree now completely, but needed to see it in physical form to be sure how good the construction and looks are. Also for a 3000cuft room, should I consider a pair of fv15hp or go towards the FVX12 x2 or FVX15 x2.
The Pb2000 pros are yet to be launched in India, so that's another sub I'd be interested in
I am in the same boat :) PB2000 or FVX12. Also, I have auditioned XTZ 12.17 which is not bad. I have enquired about FVX12 in Prosonic which is 10k more than PB2000 but the delivery time will take about a max of 3 weeks.

Please share your thoughts...

I am in the same boat :) PB2000 or FVX12. Also, I have auditioned XTZ 12.17 which is not bad. I have enquired about FVX12 in Prosonic which is 10k more than PB2000 but the delivery time will take about a max of 3 weeks.

Don't know about the FVX12 . As compared to the PB 2000 the pro 2000 series will have added flexibility where port tuning & can be used in sealed or ported mode. It has app features too if it is important to you.
Would be better to audition the FVX12 too. Also it would be better to wait for the Proseries & decide. Better not to hurry since you are spending your hard earned money. A good subwoofer will be with you for a long time. Prudent to wait patiently, dig out more information & then make your move towards the right one.

Don't know about the FVX12 . As compared to the PB 2000 the pro 2000 series will have added flexibility where port tuning & can be used in sealed or ported mode. It has app features too if it is important to you.
Would be better to audition the FVX12 too. Also it would be better to wait for the Proseries & decide. Better not to hurry since you are spending your hard earned money. A good subwoofer will be with you for a long time. Prudent to wait patiently, dig out more information & then make your move towards the right one.
With Rythmiks there is a switch to select the LPF filters slope to either 2nd order (12dB per octave) or 4th order (24 dB per octave). To an extent the former setting allows you to emulate a sealed subwoofer, and produces a more gradual roll-off at the crossover point, while the latter changes that to a sharper drop-off similar to a typical bass reflex design. Rythmik gives the ability to adjust the slope is noteworthy, and is a great addition to tweak configuration.

Also wanted to know if there is any difference between the FV15HP-SE and standard FV15HP. The guy I talked to at avenue sound mumbai said "nothing, except the cone material" , but then I'm guessing they wouldn't just change cone for nothing and launch a pricier sub, would they? It's baffling how these dealers sometimes try to mislead you with misinformation. I tried looking on the Rythmik website and it said the SE is no longer available. Does that mean it wasn't good?
You can contact [email protected] for technical queries. Typically Enrico (or Brian) will respond to your queries in detail. They are very active on the AVSForum Rythmik thread as well. My experience with their mail support was excellent while evaluating options and afterwards.

Most of the dealers didn’t have proper demo room here.

Open place..,
Maximum volume..
Home theatre effect...!;);):p

I'd suggest waiting for the pb2000 pro since it's a complete redesign over the PB2000 classic. It's yet to be launched in India but they have boosted the amp and refitted a smaller Pb3000 driver into it. The cost may exceed the FVX12, but the performance will definitely be far better than the PB2000 classic.

I'd suggest waiting for the pb2000 pro since it's a complete redesign over the PB2000 classic. It's yet to be launched in India but they have boosted the amp and refitted a smaller Pb3000 driver into it. The cost may exceed the FVX12, but the performance will definitely be far better than the PB2000 classic.
But my budget is not more than 90k :(

You can contact [email protected] for technical queries. Typically Enrico (or Brian) will respond to your queries in detail. They are very active on the AVSForum Rythmik thread as well. My experience with their mail support was excellent while evaluating options and afterwards.
I talked to one of them, no names revealed though, but they were in complete praise of Ashish, who has studied in Austin and met the Rythmik people there. They are very confident on his knowledge and asked me to contact him for the best solution.
After talking to Ashish, I did find him to be knowledgeable and could answer (I guess) all my questions off his hand. That shows confidence and knowledge and he knows his stuff. He finally suggested that a pair FVX12 is not going to cut it as far as the bass performance goes. Anything will be better than the subs I have right now. About the FVX15 he said the amp has similar power to the FVX12. As per the official website I realized it's mentioned as the same, so though the 15" driver will be able to go lower than the 12", it'll lack a bit of performance since it takes more power to drive a 15" cone compared to a 12". So the head room may be limited. The FV15HP as per audioholics forum shows that it's recommended for a 5000 cuft room (but then that's America with different construction standards).

But my budget is not more than 90k :(
Also if you do go to the AVS forums, a lot of customers are seen changing there svs for rythmik and a very few going the other way. Since in India we don't get a free return policy offered in countries like America, you have to marry the subwoofer you buy till it bursts into flames or you move to a bigger room. One of the posts in that forum inspired me, which said. You don't want to be the one who saved $300 (roughly the difference between each of the 3 aforementioned models fvx12+20000=fvx15 & fvx15+20000=fv15hp) and later regret and think, "what if". While I'm wrong trying to challenge your budget limitations and I have no rights to ask you to increase it, I'd say "Don't waste on Pb2000 when you could be saving for a pb2000 pro". The reviews and the tech in the pro is well worth the 100usd price difference (will translate close to 10k in India). Having the SVS app to set 3 peq is in itself worth the upgrade. The mosfet, upgraded driver and the redesigned cone are definitely going to perform so much better.

I talked to one of them, no names revealed though, but they were in complete praise of Ashish, who has studied in Austin and met the Rythmik people there. They are very confident on his knowledge and asked me to contact him for the best solution.
After talking to Ashish, I did find him to be knowledgeable and could answer (I guess) all my questions off his hand. That shows confidence and knowledge and he knows his stuff. He finally suggested that a pair FVX12 is not going to cut it as far as the bass performance goes. Anything will be better than the subs I have right now. About the FVX15 he said the amp has similar power to the FVX12. As per the official website I realized it's mentioned as the same, so though the 15" driver will be able to go lower than the 12", it'll lack a bit of performance since it takes more power to drive a 15" cone compared to a 12". So the head room may be limited. The FV15HP as per audioholics forum shows that it's recommended for a 5000 cuft room (but then that's America with different construction standards).
15" sub will have more power output.

Let me share my experience with Subs as well. I have 2 subs...a 25K JBL sub and 1L+ Neumann sub. I use the neumann sub for music and jbl for movies. I always thought my JBL sub was an average sub. Especially with my Pioneer elite receiver. That changed when i moved to Denon 3500H. Not a fan of Denon's signature. But, the way it transformed my Sub was mind blowing. It was 300% percent better. I am not sure whether Audyssey EQ32 was the difference. One fine day, i decided to connect my neumann sub as a 2nd sub to the config. The result is much more breathtaking. The bass become more refined. It is not more loud. Felt the texture and accuracy improved. My neumann sub was controlled by Shiit yggdrasil DAC (balanced and powered) and complimented by Neumann monitors as well. Even in that combo, the neumann sub was not that good.

So, from my experience

1. Dual subs are way better than single sub
2. Quality of sub output varies drastically with the room correction algorithm in use.
3. For movies, the sub will be configured at 120hz at 24db slope by most AVRs. The difference between a high end sub and a medium sub will drastically reduce there in a treated room and good room correction EQ.

Note that this is done in a completely acoustic treated dedicated media room. I have used materials with absorption co-efficient 0.75 @ 4 KHz, 0.40 @ 125 Hz and NRC 0.95. This is not exactly treated for bass. But, more than decent for midbass. I am not sure the same applies for untreated room. So, your mileage may vary.

So while I'm nearly decided on the brand of subs, I'd like to take a final vote.
Since most of it will be a blind buy, I just want to confirm before I buy.
The room dimensions have been discussed (3000cuft) and minimal audio treatment.
2x FVX12 approx 2L
2x FVX15 approx 2.5L
2x FV15HP approx 3L
The final prices are subject to what I can break, but will not vary by +/-10k.
Here are my thoughts.
FVX12 has 400 RMS amp each. Currently I have a kef T2 (250RMS) and a klipsch s10rw (300RMS) and the 2 are really underperforming, insufficient bass, port chafing at higher volumes. I'm scared if I buy 2 of these I might still miss the great bass.
FVX15 has the same 400RMS amp and the driver is 15". Not sure if that will stress the amp, since the cone is bigger and heavier, but the Amp is same as the FVX12. So though it might go lower, it'll have to be run at a little higher DB/gain to make it sound deep.
FVX15HP has a 600RMS amp and the same 15" driver as the FVX15. Since the cone is gaining close to 30% area from the 12 to 15 inch the circumference is increasing by about 20% and the amp by 33% which means it may get louder.
Obviously FV15HP is the best, but also so much more expensive. I could save a good amount of money by going a bit lower if the performance isn't that bad on the FVX12 or FVX15. Just want to know your thoughts and if the FV15HP is really worth the money I'm seeding out for my room.

2x FV15HP approx 3L

I believe a pair of the Seaton Sound JS-12's should come in at around the same price (inclusive of shipping and customs). Worth looking at, IMO. At the very least, if you're interested, give Mark a call and see what he thinks of them vs the FV15HP.

Friends this is my first post. I have pioneer vsx 531 5.1 channel av receiver. I was searching for powerful. Subwoofer and the one which suits my taste would cost arround a lakh. Search started to check can't there be an Indian version of the same. At last after testing ended up buying 12 inch active subwoofer 400w rms continuous from Studiomaster. Costs approx 30000 INR max. This is the most affordable and powerful solution for those who have 5.1 and even 7.2 channel amplifier. It has got 2 line inn. Hope this information is helpful to someone.

So I have bit the bullet and bought 2 FVX12 after a lot of consultation with Ashish in Mumbai and Santosh in Bangalore.
Since this has been a long post I thought I'll give my final thoughts and help others looking for subwoofers like others have helped me.
Just an update.

While this post was my first reaction to the store, it was more about the guy than the setup.

This is what determined the company that I was giving my money to. I went and did my final audition yesterday afternoon with a friend. This friend lives in Delhi and flew in to audition multiple bookshelves and subs. He was in Frankfurt recently and auditioned the Svs SB/PB2000 pro for his future 2.0/2.1 stereo setup.
This time I informed Ashish about my arrival one day in advance. During the audition a lot of movie scenes were what we've all seen (no bass boost to the track), the mids and bass got mixed together and the woofer, because it was setup nicely, it disappeared. Again I thought, maybe it cant go louder, but then Ashish played around with the settings in the amp which did the trick. He increased the woofer gain a bit and reduced the volume on the mains thus giving more intensity only to the subwoofer sound., while reducing volume to the other speakers With the other speakers suppressed and subwoofer boosted (from my choice) not only did I feel the subwoofer complimenting the speakers, I felt the "BEAST" jump into action. During the opening of interstellar on bluray the sofas vibrated gently and our clothes moved (exactly what I like in audition). There was no port noise or distortion. None whatsoever. I knew it then, I can probably overdo this woofer without killing it. Another movie scene suggested by him was the crash landing in flight of the phoenix and at I point the bass creeped up from our feet to the tummy. I looked at my friend nervously, thinking I imagined it. He looked at me and had felt the same thing. We both laughed. During the multiple changes of settings/ clips/ movies/ songs and woofers we thought it had come from the 15HP. What surprised me was that it was the FVX12 and not the FV15HP. That was the point that drove us home. 2 of the FVX12 will blow us out of the world.
Yes I'll be running the crawl, but I think I've hit the nail on it's and I'm glad that I actually did a second audition and that too with Ashish in the store. In fact my friend who auditioned the SVS PB2000 pro in Frankfurt, is planning to fly in from Delhi to audition a few 12 inch sealed, with which he's already in touch with Ashish.
I'd suggest, keeping this sub brand in your mind while picking woofers. Though the FVX12 do lack a few features compared to FV15HP, my friend suggested not to buy a woofer where I won't be able to go past he half way mark. I realized, my room will have room gain and I'll have 2 of them, so that should add 5db from normal performance

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back