Need contact details for CNC wood cutting

saikatbiswas82

Hi All,

I need some help from you guys.

I am looking forward to do some CNC wood cutting for my DIY speaker stand project. If you know someone from Kolkata who deals with the same, please let me know.

Google for a signage company around your area(people who make sign boards) usually they will have the CNC Machine to cut the MDF

TQ-YASH

Thanks a lot for the heads up mate. Will look into it. In fact I know one workshop in my locality who makes sign boards/hoardings. Will check that out by today or tomorrow.

Dear Saheb and Somak,
Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. I am going to check these locations by today only. If it (CNC cutting) turns out to be cost effective I am going to do it. I am definitely going to post pics of my entire build activity/final outcome afterwards.

For starters I have this design in mind (created with Sketchup)

Stand_New.jpg

Another angle:

Stand_New2.jpg

The overall height of the stand is going to be 28" (including top and bottom plates and 1" spikes to be attached below the bottom plate).
The bottom plate dimension is going to be 11.5" (W) X 13" (D) X 1.5" (H)
The top plate dimension is going to be 7.5" (W) X 11" (D) X 1.5" (H) - the plate surface area is almost same as my bookshelf surface.
I am planning to go for a veneer finish and polish on the final product.

Please share your thoughts on the same.

Re: Need contact details for CNC wood cutting (Found finally)

Thanks a lot @sarith.

@Saheb and @Somak, your suggestions worked like a charm. I finally found the CNC cutter workshop behind AI building.

The addres is here for future reference:

M.R. Advertising Co.
6, Bow Street (near Central Plaza)
Kolkata, West Bengal 700012

Here is the last minute change in design:

Stand_New_ForPrintWithDimensions.jpg

I made the belly :))) area a little bulky just to make it more rigid overall.

Finally, I purchased two MDF boards of 8'X4' (the CNC shop owner suggested MDF over Plywood and I took it as I read, MDF is better for Audio equipment) and one laminate which matches my speaker texture.

Sliced MDF pieces should be delivered by tomorrow evening. Will update you all accordingly. :)

Last edited:
Share the cost and charges please. I mean what and how they charge and what services they provide?

@Saheb,
Initially, the CNC shop owner asked for Rs. 200/- per slice. I did put up a hard bargain and asked to reduce it by half :)ohyeah:). So for 20 slices I offered them Rs. 2000/-. The owner said no. Then after a little while we came to a mutual conclusion and decided Rs. 2500/- for 20 slices.

While taking the delivery, I found they actually made 22 slices (as they might have thought not to waste any MDF :)). How thoughtful of them and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.
They requested for Rs. 200/- more for the extra two slices. I was extremely happy and handed over Rs. 200/- immediately.

In short 22 slices - Rs. 2700/- (cost per slice Rs. 122.72/-)

Cost summary:
2 pieces of 8'X4' MDF boards (Rs. 45/- per sqft) - Rs. 2880/-
1 piece of 0.8mm laminate - Rs. 1000/-
Cutting cost - Rs. 2700/-

Total - Rs. 6580/- (so far - excluding my petrol cost, delivery charges of Rs 80 and so on.... :lol:)

I guess to complete the set (including carpenter cost+glue+spikes) the total cost will be closer to Rs. 9000/- to 10000/-

But, the satisfaction is priceless :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back