Need feedback about sony wh-1000xm3

ssps

I saw some reviews on Amazon complaining about white/static noise in sony xm3 and it seems to be a widespread issue. Is it common in all ANC headphones?

Also I would like to have some suggestions for wireless headphones around 15k. Priority is sound quality and comfort. Don't need ANC. I listen to all kind of music. I am in no hurry , will probably buy in next Amazon/flipkart sale.

I have xm3 too and working good, no any issues and more importantly amazing sound quality and noise cancelling..very much satisfied with performance.

I saw some reviews on Amazon complaining about white/static noise in sony xm3 and it seems to be a widespread issue. Is it common in all ANC headphones?

Have been using my WH 1000XM3 for over a year now and they are fine.
I use it all the time for my phone calls, music etc and have no issues at all.

Regards

There is no static noise on my unit. But turning on ANC definitively alters the the sound signature. It's hard to describe but certainly affects the sound quality. I remember reading some reviewers also mentioning this. Also please don't buy XM3 if best sound quality is your priority. Any 10k wired headphones from reputed brands like Sennheiser and AudioTechnica would produce much better sound when combined with even a portable budget Headphone DAC/Amp. Also AptxHD/LDAC streaming is not very stable. I experience glitches sometimes. I experience similar issues with Cowin E9 which I bought for my son. Sony XM3 was my first proper headphone but stopped using it in few months after I experienced the quality of sound from wired headphones with a good DAC.

Also wireless headphones induce listening fatigue pretty quickly. I could listen for hours on my wired headphones. So I would not recommend any wireless headphones unless convenience and ANC is a priority. Sony XM3 is one of the best Wireless Headphones but not necessarily a better headphone.

Edit: BTW, I have 6 wired headphones - 4 Sennheiser, 1 Ultrasone and 1 AudioTechnica. I can confidently say all of them produce better sound when used with my LG V30 or iFi Micro BL DAC. I know it's not a fair comparison against iFi DAC but wired units can scale up well depending on the quality of DAC which wireless units can't. Again all this is pointless if convenience is the first priority. :)

Last edited:

Also I would like to have some suggestions for wireless headphones around 15k. Priority is sound quality and comfort. Don't need ANC. I listen to all kind of music. I am in no hurry , will probably buy in next Amazon/flipkart sale.
If you don't need ANC then AKG K371 BT are a steal at 8999

I am using xm3 from launch day and didnt faced any issue. Even the battery backup is same as day one.

i had a pair,and i noticed that the left side was significantly louder and more bass heavy than the right one,and it made it impossible to enjoy them, on further inquiring around on different forums i found out this was a more widespread issue than ithought,the sound was lovely and absolutely amazing though, and they were well deserving of their price tag, if only channel imbalance wasnt an issue these would be perfect

i had a pair,and i noticed that the left side was significantly louder and more bass heavy than the right one,and it made it impossible to enjoy them, on further inquiring around on different forums i found out this was a more widespread issue than ithought,the sound was lovely and absolutely amazing though, and they were well deserving of their price tag, if only channel imbalance wasnt an issue these would be perfect

Did you connect to the headphone connect app and check out? It has a lot of settings including channel balancing.

@BLASTO I didn't find channel balancing settings in the app,although i did try to balance audio through stock android settings but the issue of left side being more bass heavy wasn't resolved

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back