Need feedback on purchasing from ebay global and Amazon global.

nkchokshi

Hello guys. I saw few users metioned that they purchased direct from ebay global / Amazon global site. But I'm bit concerned of it, as its confusing.

On eBay it says when we order from ebay US. The global reseller will buy and send it to India to door step. Is it even reliable? What about customs? Octory ect. As it says all taxes including in eBay.

But more confusing on Amazon. I found 1 av receiver the cost was about 500usd + shipping 100usd + estimated customs 100 usd.

But do I have to go airport to pick item ordered from Amazon? And how customs estimated.

If anyone has recent purchases please do share information, experience.

Thank you.

In both the cases is at your doorstep itself and customs is included in eBay price and in case of Amazon they also take estimated customs from you when you place any order

Please aware that when you buy Electronic items from USA the power supply for equipment is 110V.so you will need a step down transformer to use it in India.
In both Amazon & ebay the items are delivered to your door, and if there is any excess/extra(estimated) customs duty taken, Amazon will refund you the difference.

Hello guys. I saw few users metioned that they purchased direct from ebay global / Amazon global site. But I'm bit concerned of it, as its confusing.

On eBay it says when we order from ebay US. The global reseller will buy and send it to India to door step. Is it even reliable? What about customs? Octory ect. As it says all taxes including in eBay.

But more confusing on Amazon. I found 1 av receiver the cost was about 500usd + shipping 100usd + estimated customs 100 usd.

But do I have to go airport to pick item ordered from Amazon? And how customs estimated.

If anyone has recent purchases please do share information, experience.

Thank you.

Customs is taken care of and it is door delivered as others have indicated. As regards octroi, not sure, but you might have to pay that to the local shipper of GEB or provide some forms or something if you are in a state that suffers from the medieval pest called octroi. I am not sure how Amazon's shippers handle octroi though.

Amazon will refund the portion of the Import Fee Deposit(IFD) if the duty paid is less and if it turns out to be more than the IFD they don't charge you anything more. GEB does not breakout the cost of duty and you pay the amount shown on GEB regardless of whether duty was paid or not.

Delivery can take a while via GEB and Amazon US/UK etc. so keep that in mind.

GEB's shipper/reseller which is usually i2cworld mostly has rather useless tracking and you might have to follow up with them and Ebay's excuse for CC quite a bit and maybe experience a few tense moments or maybe not. Just depends.

Amazon shipment tracking via DHL/Fedex/UPS is excellent and very fast and you are lucky if shipped with them. Aramex is mostly OK until it gets to India, thereafter the quality of their courier service in India varies by location. iParcel is usually the courier from hell and Amazon CC is just helpless when it comes to iParcel.

Guys thanks for information. But funny thing i found was the price, there is like hardly 2-6k difference in Receivers.

Ive checked rates for Denon and Marantz all comes about same.

Is there any other websites or just Ebay and Amazon.

Related to this. Can someone who has used the following services let us know what are the good sites you bought from and had no hassles ?
i.e. Sites that offer the facility of
"Buy from US > to 3rd party provided US shipping address and 3rd party Ships to India"

Regular eBay.com shipping items from China do not charge customs duty. It goes to customs who charge you and you pay when the postman delivers at the door. Not sure how a courier does it. If I remember correctly I had one shipment where the courier showed my a long list with my item on it and an amount against it. I had to pay. But who collects the money and was there really duty charged, I don't know.
Even the door delivered parcels by the Indian Post comes with the duty receipt printed on what looks like paper a 1,000 years old. Is that a real receipt ? Or is someone just collecting extra cash? I don't know. A good possibility as we get no receipt for payment.
Suspicion is there because the same item sometimes has no duty on it and sometimes ( bought again later !) quite a bit ! In fact the cheaper thing got charged duty and the more expensive one ( the same item with some mods) does not . So what's happening ?
My post office no longer updates their tracking information. They used to till last year and it was convenient. Now after the package goes to customs or to the distribution head office there is no more information. Right now one parcel is still to be delivered after 10 days and another article that arrived later has already been delivered. There is no entry even for delivery.

I made a complain via their web site ( India Post). It gave me a complaint number but you can't do anything with it ! The web site doesn't tell you what the status is. Looks like a massive black hole !

So far I have received 3 to 4 parcels from China booked by ebay.com site. And in some of the items I had to pay the custom duties and which the Post Office (PO) gave me a duly signed receipt and also they showed me the challan of the Customs which was billed clearly indicating the amount with the invoice value.
You have every right to demand the receipt of the payment that you are making to the PO and also if possible to get a copy of the custom duties challan as well.
Regarding the customs duties application I would say its just pure luck, and no standard way of these guys to apply the duties irrespective of the rules which are existent.

GEB does not breakout the cost of duty and you pay the amount shown on GEB regardless of whether duty was paid or not.
BNYoqy

Try shipito and hopshopgo ...they are good ones too. They have good tracking facility and comparatively cheaper.. This is my opinion when you buy from global site.

Unless there is >50% discount in the product u wish to buy in the global site, it doesn't make difference whether you buy it in India or global. Because your cost price is always inflated by 30% shipping and 20% customs when it reaches here...All that you save is the margin that the indian dealer puts on top of it.

You could grab good deals when it is black Friday or year end sale in US.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back