Need Help Building My First HTPC

Guys i finally managed to find Cooler Master Mini 210 Micro ATX HTPC case,...will be getting on Monday....Only problem with that is..it supports only Low Profile Cards.....can anyone suggets me gud low profile graphic cards......can regular garphic card be converted to Low Profile card... how to check if the card is low profile while buying online.....

Cooler Master: Mini 210

Hi!

If you haven't yet finalized the motherboard, I would suggest you go with Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H available on flipkart for ~5K.
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard - Gigabyte: Flipkart.com

Also, I suggest you go with AMD HD 7750 GDDR5 with 1 GB RAM which would be more than sufficient for your needs. Almost any Graphic card you're looking at would be compatible with your cabinet. So don't worry on that part. I've been using HD 7750 (Gigabyte) for almost a year now and it has never let me down yet and I am able to play most if not all games on high graphic settings. I also use my PC for watching movies and this card never dissapoints. So I suggest you go with this GPU regardless of the MB you choose. :)

I don't think he would need to buy HD 7750 to watch bluray movies. The onboard would suffice.
Hi!

If you haven't yet finalized the motherboard, I would suggest you go with Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H available on flipkart for ~5K.

Also, I suggest you go with AMD HD 7750 GDDR5 with 1 GB RAM which would be more than sufficient for your needs. Almost any Graphic card you're looking at would be compatible with your cabinet. So don't worry on that part. I've been using HD 7750 (Gigabyte) for almost a year now and it has never let me down yet and I am able to play most if not all games on high graphic settings. I also use my PC for watching movies and this card never dissapoints. So I suggest you go with this GPU regardless of the MB you choose. :)

Hi!

HI,
Thanks i bought the Motherboard you mentioned along with G2020, I was about to Buy HD 7750 GDDR5 but that card is not available in low profile...and i was not sure about the cabinet size as i will be getting only on Monday decided to Buy Graphic card on Monday itself...

Most HTPC cards are provided with a low profile bracket. Basically the vga port is removable to connect the other ports to the lp bracket. Please check the htpc spec to see if LP bracket is provided.

I don't think he would need to buy HD 7750 to watch bluray movies. The onboard would suffice.

You're right. The onboard graphics would suffice for movies. But, the requirement said 'basic gaming' which is kind of vague. :p

HI,
Thanks i bought the Motherboard you mentioned along with G2020, I was about to Buy HD 7750 GDDR5 but that card is not available in low profile...and i was not sure about the cabinet size as i will be getting only on Monday decided to Buy Graphic card on Monday itself...

If your priority is just watching movies, then go with Rockfella's advise and use onboard graphics. Buy a graphics card only if you feel the onboard is not sufficient for your needs.....

You can buy a graphics card anytime later if you want to play games, however your gpu options are limited because of your compact cabinet.
HI,

Guys i finally managed to find Cooler Master Mini 210 Micro ATX HTPC case,...will be getting on Monday....Only problem with that is..it supports only Low Profile Cards.....can anyone suggets me gud low profile graphic cards......can regular garphic card be converted to Low Profile card... how to check if the card is low profile while buying online.....

Cooler Master: Mini 210

Where did you find the Mini 210 ? What price ?

Well in Bangalore SP Road - Price 5200 that includes 300W 80Plus PSU

A lot of forum members are always on the lookout for HTPC cases - there is a real shortage of reasonably priced ones
Good to know there is one option available now

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back