Need help for better stereo thru a entry level bluray player

If possible try and borrow a DAC. I have seen, when requested, FMs are always willing to help.

Otherwise, just continue to use the Philips as a CD player.

@vinothkumar - A Digital output from DVD player Vs Blu ray player should make no difference in output.. It is your AVR's DAC that is used for stereo playback..

Can you please share the audio output settings on your DVD player / Bluray player..

Anyways..If you want to use a DAC and check the difference, i have SMSL IDOL USB DAC... Can loan it you for a few days..Your playback has to be PC/Laptop/mobile with Android OS 5.0 and above.. Let me know if you are interested and if it will work for you..

Thank you Audiodoc and NatureLover.

Yes, Now I am in a need of a DAC. Before I buy I want to test something with DAC. If anybody can help me by lending your DAC please do let me know. I am staying in Perungudi, chennai.

Thanks in advance.

@Elango:

I have a MacBook pro which has a build-in dac works flawlessly and I dont have any issues with it. Problem is with bluray player only. And thank you so much for your help in giving your dac. I will surely let you know if need it.

Hi folks,

Now im planning to play some audio cds thru the bluray player which doesnt have analog out. So for betterment im planning to buy fiio d3 for analog conversion.

If I connect the dac with the bluray, would it give better result?

Thanks in advance

When playing with BluRay, just try switching off the in built Auto Setup, Audyssey or whatever is in your receiver. This is different from setting the receiver in Direct or Pure Direct modes. Just switch it to Manual Setup.

Yes I DAC might improve things, however, only if its of better quality than the one already in your receiver. I tried a Fiio D03 and returned it in a week as it was just not as enjoyable as the one in my receiver.

MaSh

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back