Need help in burning an ISO to blu ray

srikar2011

Dear friends,

I have downloaded Avatar ISO image of 46 GB. I would like to burn to an empty blu ray. But the available blu ray size is 25 GB. How can I buy the whole 46 GB ISO in one Disk.

Regards
Srikar2011

Dear friends,

I have downloaded Avatar ISO image of 46 GB. I would like to burn to an empty blu ray. But the available blu ray size is 25 GB. How can I buy the whole 46 GB ISO in one Disk.

Regards
Srikar2011

You have to buy a 50GB Bluray disc to burn a 46GB ISO file.
Guess that's the only solution for your problem.

Buy a dual layer bluray, OR use MY GUIDE to omit/remove the extra features, bonus content, other languages, extra audio format ....etc etc... basically everything except the original movie and HD Audio (DTS MA or DD THD) from the full ISO. This would in all probability reduce the size to 50% and you can fit it in to regular 25GB BD.

If the reduced size still exceeds 25GB then you got no option but to use a Dual Layer BD OR compress the movie.....

Last edited:
Hi Technobhatt,

Thanks for the prompt reply. As the price of one 50 GB blank blu ray costs almost Rs 800. I think better to play from laptop to the source(TV) as of now. I think its better to purchase the original disc for the price of Rs 1000. If purchased as a bulk, then it will be useful. Any reviews about the brand verbatim for blank blurays?

Cheers
Srikar2011

Sam,

Thanks for sharing the nice thread on how to backup our blurays. It helps a lot for the starters like me. Can you suggest me a good regional free bluray which plays most popular formats of today's HD content and also it should able to play the downloaded contents of MKV, MP4, AAC via USB which under 15k. Could You please suggest a good UPS solely for my projector Epson2030 which I am planning to purchase by this month end.

Last edited:
^^ Pioneer BDP-450 if you can manage to get one, but you have to make it region free by a sw firmware update ...

Last edited:
You could also mount the iso file on a 64GB USB Pen Drive....

Will save U the expense of a 50GB Blu Ray disc, since the Pen Drive can be reformatted later.

Thanks guys for suggesting a good bluray player. Kindly suggest me a good htib that suits the bluray player BDP 450 as I will mostly for movies. Budget 40k.

Onkyo HTS 4505, with 4K support, in delhi this is around 36K

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back