Need help in deciding HT package

rks123

Dear All
I have Denon 2312 + Polk TSx330t as front + Plok TL1600 bundle which completes my 7.1 system. Now I want to replace TL-1600 bundle by decent 2 no. book shelves + center speaker + 1 sub. Sub I may add later on, immediately i am considering "polk S20 2no. surround+ Polk S30 as center" vs Boston "A26 + BA C225" the later combination is cheaper by around 20K. I have plan to add sub BIC PL200 of F12 later on.
can any one pl. suggest which one i should go for better sound. Or any other combination you feel better.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. The second option looks better. You can use the A26 as fronts, this will gel well with the C225 center speaker and use TSX330 as surrounds. Also, if you're really saving 20k with Bostons over the Polks then going with BA is a no brainer. You can even go ahead and invest in a sub right away with that saved money.

Thanks

Thanks
Sorry the saving would be around 12 k not 20k in going with BA instead of polk s20/30 as per rates in amazon.in
Would it be good to use towers tsx 330 as surround and book shelf BA A26 as front?

Don't go by rates of Amazon. For polk, see MRP at profx website. Some discount is offered usually. For Boston see hifimart or contact mz audio. Keep all front three speakers from same series. I am happy with s15 and s35, not auditioned Boston however.

Don't go by rates of Amazon. For polk, see MRP at profx website. Some discount is offered usually. For Boston see hifimart or contact mz audio. Keep all front three speakers from same series. I am happy with s15 and s35, not auditioned Boston however.
Thanx, i will check the rates. Mean while i wnat to know the difference between Polk TSx series and S series, if not much different then i can add TSx 150C and go for any b/s sorround

Thanx, i will check the rates. Mean while i wnat to know the difference between Polk TSx series and S series, if not much different then i can add TSx 150C and go for any b/s sorround
S series is placed above TSX. They are comparable to RTI series.

Thanks
Sorry the saving would be around 12 k not 20k in going with BA instead of polk s20/30 as per rates in amazon.in
Would it be good to use towers tsx 330 as surround and book shelf BA A26 as front?

Oh, I mistook TSX330 to be BS, i forgot those are FS. Sorry, my bad.

If you're going to use these towers as your fronts you can even go for the cheaper TSX110 (Rs.12k) and TSX150c (Rs.12k, not sure though). For sub, you can look at PSW Pro 550. All combined you can get a good deal if bargained hard.

Visit ProFX and audition, including the S series, and then take a call.

Thanks

Last edited:
pl. suggest which one i should go for better sound. Or any other combination you feel better.

Best to add center channel from the same series.. Tsx.. You can then move the TL 1600 satellites as surrounds / surr back (or) front heights that your AVR support.. You can add subwoofer based on your budget..

Best to add center channel from the same series.. Tsx.. You can then move the TL 1600 satellites as surrounds / surr back (or) front heights that your AVR support.. You can add subwoofer based on your budget..
Thnx, I am having almost the same set-up i.e. center is TL-3 and satellites are in front height and sorround. But recently my satellites are not working well. In 3 of them voice is coming only from tweeters cones are mute and 1 is completely not producing sound. TL 1600 Bundle sub is working fine. So I thought to replace with new ones. I also intend to repair TL-1600, for future secondary use, is repair service is available for Polk Audio in India ?

I wanted to know, shall i continue with TSx series by adding center TSx 150, or should upgrade to signature series if there is remarkable difference between the two in sound quality. Any one can give suggestion who have listened to both TSx and signature series speakers.

Hi guys awaiting your valuable opinion on above.
Also was searching alternatives... wharfedale dimond series is cost wise equivalent to polk s series considering present discount. Needs your opinion on this also..

I wanted to know, shall i continue with TSx series by adding center TSx 150, or should upgrade to signature series if there is remarkable difference between the two in sound quality. Any one can give suggestion who have listened to both TSx and signature series speakers.

Please audition the mentioned two & feel the difference yourself and then choose..

But recently my satellites are not working well. In 3 of them voice is coming only from tweeters cones are mute and 1 is completely not producing sound. TL 1600 Bundle sub is working fine. So I thought to replace with new ones. I also intend to repair TL-1600, for future secondary use, is repair service is available for Polk Audio in India ?

If you had got them from Pro FX, they should be able to provide support for the same..

Actually I am located in Bareilly where no place for audition such products. and i need to buy in hurry so intend to seek expert help on this.
I purchased these TL1600 from Muscat. Isn"t there official polk service center in india?

I have checked with ProFX delhi and send my TL 1600 satellites and center for repair, they say its drivers are gone and to be replaced and the expanses would be 20 to 25 K so suggested to scrap and buy new.
So now I am left with 2 Polk TSx 330 and TL1600 bundle sub, need to add 4 book shelf and center. Need suggestion to complete my 7.1 set up.
Should i continue with Polk or can exchange/sell TSx330 and buy new set of speakers my budget is 100K. Please suggest options and current online scheme.. if in your knowledge.

Are you satisfied with the sound of TSX330? In that case, no need to change them. You may get much better impact by upgrading the subwoofer. TL1600 sub is 50w RMS, doesn't have much punch. Start with center (TSX 250c preferably, to match your fronts, or CsiA4/S30/S35, etc) and 2 pairs of bookshelves (Boston/Polk/Mission/Taga, etc). The surrounds need not be matched with fronts. Also consider OWM3 for the surrounds, economical but effective.
Try to upgrade the sub to BIC PL200 or similar and you get a great system (well within 1L). Later on you can think of selling TSX330 and upgrading to something else. But then you have to plan the center accordingly. Say, if you want to get RTiA5 later, then get CsiA4/6 now.

I would like to update on above.
last week I visited ProFX dealer in delhi, got audition of some of the gears and finalize the following
- replaced my Polk TSx 330t with new S-55
- Bought 2no S-15 and 2 no Fxi A4 for surround.
- Initially chose the Elac Sub 10 then after listening at home replaced it with Polk DSW 660wi.
Also got repaired TL-1600 satellites from there for 7.5K
Now the set up seems gre8. Thnx to all for valuable suggestions.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back