Need help in Setting up a Home Theater System

luckyg777

Hi everybody ,
I am in the market for a Home theater system for my room . room size is 18x20 . Went to see the Bose sound touch 520 but wasn't impressed with the sound or the price . Felt too overpriced .Since the room size is big , i guess the normal pre packaged systems wont be sufficient .
I already have a setup in my basement with the following equipment .

1. Yamaha YST-SW315 subwoofer
2. 5 Jamo s 606 tower speakers
3. Yamaha RX-V661 amplifier

Now i want to set up a system in my room , which will mainly be used for movies(cable mostly, and gaming). For that i am looking for a completely new system , or small wall mounted speakers that can be used along with the old amplifier and sub woofer .

Have been suggested the following configuration by a dealer .
1. Jamo 360 s35 wall mounted speakers
2. jamo j10 sub woofer
3. sherwood RD 6506 amplifier .

Please suggest that whether i should go in for new speakers only , along with the old sub woofer and the amplifier , or a total new system as suggested above . Also , are there any better suggestions for a new system . Are there any suggestions for a complete pre packaged systems too . Am a total noob in this regards and your valuable suggestions would be highly appreciated .

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back