Need help on choosing media player

MuthuHifi

I am really confused between Xtreamer Pro and PlayOn HD media player..

Xtreamer Pro had noisy and HDD may get heatalso..

PlayOnHD --> very bad GUI and Firmware releases so much buggy.. This i found that after reading in the forum (firmware releases thread)..

Guys,

Please please pls help me to select any media player (which does not have any probs at all with it's basic fucntionality)..

I had one more question also on my current DVD Player setup ...

I had SonY DVD DAV-DZ270(HTS) , which doesnot have digital Inputs(No HDMI input and Optical Input as well) .. USB is there but no support for Video.. Only HDMI output is there

Please pls suggest me any device which will read from my external HDD and should have six channel (5.1) output(to connect my Sony speakers(5.1) directly.. ).. I was searching from long time in the net for above solutiion not getting anything ?

Media Players don't have output for Speakers directly ... ?

WD TV Live has the best GUI of them all, I can vouch for that. Try search searching youtube for different user videos of these players. Might come in handy...

I just need an player which will work with basic functionality of it very well... But PlayOn HD(thought of buying it , but put on hold as of now and their firware updates are buggy one ) is not working even with basic of it (as stated in firware releases section of it in the acryan forum)... Xtreamer sidewinder is the best one for me ?

How i can connect my sony speakers directly to media player is there any player there ? please pls help me this is urgent ????

I just need an player which will work with basic functionality of it very well... But PlayOn HD(thought of buying it , but put on hold as of now and their firware updates are buggy one ) is not working even with basic of it (as stated in firware releases section of it in the acryan forum)... Xtreamer sidewinder is the best one for me ?

How i can connect my sony speakers directly to media player is there any player there ? please pls help me this is urgent ????

Since the system does not have digital input, audio would be limited to 2 channel only.

Not sure if investing in media player makes sense in that case.

This system does play DivX via USB right?

Yes .. i never tried playing Divx files through USB.. but red in a forum one person said that it will play..

can u pls pls suggest me an device which will take my external HDD(all formats) as Input and conneting output to six channels sony speakers directly to the same device??

Can you take a snap of back panel of the system and post it here.I think his model does have 1 digital input.

Other then that, your best bet is a software solution that will take media files in HDD and create DIVx files that can be played directly by this system.

Device that send signals directly to six speakers is called AV receiver and costs at least 15k (since it needs to amplify that signal as well).

Guys, Pls pls if anyone knows about my question above ... pls pls post.. it will be really helpfuly..

Since i want to connect my sony speakers directly to an device which is capable of accepting External HDD as Input (reading all formats .. as like media player).. pls pls suggest an device ??

Oh Great ... Really Thanks a lot for your reply.. Guys.. I have Googled some AVReceiver (like Onkoyo..yamaha..).. but none of them comes with USB 2.0 HDD Support.. (which i was expecting)/.. only one model of yamaha comes with USB External HDD support But that is also costly)..

Muthu, this has been explained many times before and I really wish you would search the forum for answers. In any case let me tell you quickly what you need to do.

1. For a long time. players such as a DVD Player/CD Player etc, do not have any input ports at all. I am talking about regular budget players. You cannot connect any external device such as a HDD. In the recent past most DVD Players are equipped with an USB port to which you can attach an externally powered HDD. These DVD Players have limited capability of playing what is on the HDD - mostly hard disk. You will not be able to play Dolby or DTS encoded movies.

2. Media players, on the other hand, can play all types of files from both internal and external hard disks. For a media player, i does not matter where the file is. BUT, media players do not have any amplifiers and you cannot connect speakers to them directly.

3. Speakers can be connected only to an unit that has amplifiers. That will, in turn, be connected to a player, which will read the information and send it for amplification.

The general structure of a connection is

Player ----> Amplifier ----> Speaker

Cheers

Oh Great ... Really Thanks a lot for your reply.. Guys.. I have Googled some AVReceiver (like Onkoyo..yamaha..).. but none of them comes with USB 2.0 HDD Support.. (which i was expecting)/.. only one model of yamaha comes with USB External HDD support But that is also costly)..

Most media players have both HDMI and optical out which can be connected to the HDMI input/ optical input of the AVR. Hence USB capability in AVR is not reqd . A media player is a must in this chain as it will read from all forms of HDD/USB/Laptop/wireless inputs and pass 5.1 or higher information to the AVR for decoding.

Frm a budget perspective, a mediaplayer like WDTV (excellent VFM in my opinion) costs about 7k, you could looked for a used AVR for about 15-20 k for your requirement

I think your system does have one Coaxial input, post s snap of back panel.

If it has it then you need not buy an AVR.

And with a software solution, you can avoid media player too. We will have to decide that once you post snap.

Ok great Guys Thanks once again for quick reply... Ok then i Ihave to buy One Media Player and 1 AV receiver which will accept my SONY speakers..

My Sony Speakers had 3mm

I planned for this kind of structure ...

From External HDD thur USB--->Media Player(Still confusing with Xtreamer Pro or Play On HD.. Please suggest here ) AV receiver-->( may go for Yamaha or Onkoyo.. pls suggest here also if u had any good device) Sony 3 mm Speakers (for Audio) and Samsung LCD 32 inch for Video (1080P)

Ok guys.. Thanks for your reply..

I finalized to setup like this

buy 1 Media player (confused bet Xtreamer Pro and Playon HD.. Please suggest here )

External HDD thru USB(Media Player )---> Out thru HDMI to---> AV Receiver( pls suggest any av receiver supports my 3Ohm spekrs)--> Connect my Sony 6 spkers(Speakers are 3mm ohm)

please pls reply

I don't have any Coaxial Input Guys in my DVD Sony DAV DZ270 model ..

Finally i decided to setup like this

For audio :::
External HDD(Media Player)--> out thru HDMI out ---> AV receiver ---> connect my sony speakers 3 mm ohm speakers

Video--> 1080P

External HDD(Media Player)--> out thru HDMI out ---> Samsung LCD 32" (4 Series)Supports 1080P

Now guys pls suggest me one good Media Player (Play on HD or Xtreamer pro is bit costly than Play on HD)

Pls pls post

For audio :::
External HDD(Media Player)--> out thru HDMI out ---> AV receiver ---> connect my sony speakers 3 mm ohm speakers

Video--> 1080P

External HDD(Media Player)--> out thru HDMI out ---> Samsung LCD 32" (4 Series)Supports 1080P

This will not work as all players have only one HDMI out. You can either use a HDMI switch or route both audio and video through the AVR.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back