Need help on choosing media player

@NetFreak
I could not see any Coaxial Input in my SONY DAV DZ270.. This is the only "Audio Input (Front, mini)" I cud see in my dvd player... are you talking about this ? is this will accept coaxial Input ? I don't think this will accept as it is very very small size (mini port) ? Please confirm on it i will go based on your comments ?

AMPLIFIER
S-Master Yes
Audio Line IN/OUT (Analogue) 1 /
Audio Input (Front, mini) 1

Ok I got it guys
I need HDMI switch also then..

You dont need an HDMI switch. Send audio_video from Media player to AVR (via HDMI). And from AVR, video goes to TV (HDMI/Composit/Component) and sound goes to speakers.

On that page, click on "support" tab. There you can download the manual. Manual says it has coaxial input on back side.

@NetFreak

Yes I could see that .. But it says Coaxial Input FM 75 ...Is that only applicable for FM related things or I can connect with normal Coaxial Inputs also ???

FM 75 ohm is FM antenna.

Page 19 of manual says:

1. Digital Optical Cord
2. Digital Coaxial Cord

This is to connect audio signal from TV to this sound system. You can use this connection for sending audio from media player to system.

@NetFreak

that is DAV-HDZ278 model but mine is DAV DZ270 model only... so it won't support.. But i have to really thanks a lot for your comments ? is that i am correct here ?

Oh, in that case this option is out.

I would suggest that you either :

1. You up your budget by 40k (10k for Media player + 20k for AVR + 10k for speakers)

or

2. look for a software solution

I guess this player does play DivX files. You can convert video to DivX (with 5.1 sound). If option #2 works, this would be zero cost.

40 K is too much as of now for me..

I will buy some good Media player as of now (Pls suggest Xtreamer or Play On HD .. got confused lot ) at least i will get some good quality (1080P) video atleast even though audio is not comparable...

But my DAV DZ 270 had option which will amplify 2 channel audio and convert and it will give it to 5 Channel output (with AFD multi option)....

One more idea is that i can upgrade my DAV DZ270 (bought 2 yrs back warranty is over ) to DAV DZ278 HTS ? hav to chk with Sony People

Initially i had decided to get a DVD player with USB support which can play movies from a external Hard disk.After i did some research i came across this forum and came to know about media players (WD , PlayonHD and xtreamer). Now i am really confused which one to buy.:sad:

Here are my requirements and you ppl who ve experience and knowledge about the diff players(DVD and media player) can help me select one.

I want to watch the movies that I have download from internet, listen to audio CDs, and watch the HD videos of popular TV show like Prison break,how i met ur mother etc.

I initially decided to get a playonhd media player with the Harddisk (as i dont have a external hard disk now). Will be buying a portable HDD very soon.

I want you guys to suggest a player (either a DVD player or media player) which can directly play from my portable HDD. Some of them ve said that some of the DVD players do not support external Hard disk. So I am afraid to get a DVD player.

Also please suggest the place where i can buy these players in Chennai.

Did you already buy the media player... if you only want to choose between these two, I cannot help, but if you raise your horizon, you can look at the Asus O play HDP R3. I have been comparing it with other edia players and found it the most complete media player.

@dvinoth86..

If you want to play CD/ DVDs, then media player might not help. Buy a DVD or Blue Ray player with built-in media player (costs approx 10k).

For external HDD, if external HDD is a laptop HDD, it will work with USB. Otherwise it might not.

Or you can use the PC to RIP CD/DVD to HDD and then play it on media player.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back