Need Help - Projector Screen for Epson 3020 (TW6100 in Europe)

Consequence for such a treasonous act could be severe, perhaps even banishment to a foreign land. :D

No such banishment is applicable actually if I find an opportunity to travel to phoren land. In fact she is insisting on that only. [emoji3]

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos might creep in.

Hi saikat,

All of us might have been through the home ministry approval process.

After you install the EPSON projector with the surround sound - believe me home ministry will appreciate the investment you made and probably in all chances every visitor will be forcibly be displayed proudly by her about this addition.

Till then you have to be patiently hearing about the waste of money.

Sharing personal experience.

Another advise - There are more chances that visitors and friends might be more interested to watch a movie on big screen in the privacy of home. Then location in the bedroom might be an irritant for you later on.

I had seen in some threads some people intelligently planning Projector in the drawing or living rooms. You can also plan if you have Living + dining area.

In my case - close friends most of the time come for a good movie show + Sleep Over since it will be late night shows. Since it is a dedicated room we do not have issues.

Good Luck. Will keep watching this thread about the progress.

Paint the walls in grey shades, and ceiling midnight blue (at least, that is my plan, but then my room is sort of dedicated). This should solve the problem of reflection. Put some star lights in the ceiling and make it look like a romantic getaway! :) The opposite wall headboard side of your bed can be lighter shade. Tons of dark bedroom decor color schemes on pinterest. Sell it to wife :)

Hi saikat,

All of us might have been through the home ministry approval process.

Very true. :)
After you install the EPSON projector with the surround sound - believe me home ministry will appreciate the investment you made and probably in all chances every visitor will be forcibly be displayed proudly by her about this addition.

Till then you have to be patiently hearing about the waste of money.

Sharing personal experience.

I wish everything goes fine and she also likes it. Fingers crossed.

Another advise - There are more chances that visitors and friends might be more interested to watch a movie on big screen in the privacy of home. Then location in the bedroom might be an irritant for you later on.

I had seen in some threads some people intelligently planning Projector in the drawing or living rooms. You can also plan if you have Living + dining area.

In my case - close friends most of the time come for a good movie show + Sleep Over since it will be late night shows. Since it is a dedicated room we do not have issues.

Good Luck. Will keep watching this thread about the progress.
Our living room is already stuffed with so many things. So setting up there won't be possible. I guess in case of friends/visitors we have to accommodate them in our bedroom (cum HT room) only for a occasional movie nights till we can afford a bigger place.

Thanks a lot @rdksrk2013 for sharing your thoughts/experience.

Paint the walls in grey shades, and ceiling midnight blue (at least, that is my plan, but then my room is sort of dedicated). This should solve the problem of reflection. Put some star lights in the ceiling and make it look like a romantic getaway! :) The opposite wall headboard side of your bed can be lighter shade. Tons of dark bedroom decor color schemes on pinterest. Sell it to wife :)

Thanks a lot @determinus for sharing your thoughts. Much appreciated.

I think I have to prepare a list of all the ideas provided by all of you and have to present them to my wife. Upon her approval, we will go ahead with modifications.

BTW I am planning to order the carl's flexiwhite screen for 120inches. Shipping via borderlinx. Total cost 90+68 USD.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

BTW I am planning to order the carl's flexiwhite screen for 120inches. Shipping via borderlinx. Total cost 90+68 USD.

That's great.
I was just wondering why did you select flixiwhite over flixigray or blackout cloth? Is this decision based on your pj and your environment?

Last edited:
Since our primary cost is shipping so I thought buy the best possible. Even thought of pro white but it's rigid so didn't want to risk it.

Our living room is already stuffed with so many things. So setting up there won't be possible.

That really depends upon the size of the living room and that of the speakers.
I have mine in a 17' x 13' living room and it is fine even though the room is rather crowded with other things.
The pj, the screen and the speakers are on the wall. Only the electronics needs to be on a rack on the floor.

Do consider it.

That really depends upon the size of the living room and that of the speakers.
I have mine in a 17' x 13' living room and it is fine even though the room is rather crowded with other things.
The pj, the screen and the speakers are on the wall. Only the electronics needs to be on a rack on the floor.

Do consider it.
Sure thanks. Will check that option out. Again, I need to go through another approval process with home ministry. Will update accordingly. :)

One experience to share from my side for persons for DYI Fixed screen -

I had bought carl's screen and was wondering how to manage making the frame.

one easy idea is to approach a flexi banner maker whom you will find in very area these days - these are the guys putting flexi print banners of political parties or advt for real estate.

These persons are experts to make a good frame according to size and know how to stretch the cloth and staple it and hang it with proper leveling.

Only advise them which type of wooden frame quality (Since it has to last longer without bending).

I had done it the same way after worrying which carpenter I need to educate how to make a screen.

Will try to share pics of the making if possible.

One experience to share from my side for persons for DYI Fixed screen -

I had bought carl's screen and was wondering how to manage making the frame.

one easy idea is to approach a flexi banner maker whom you will find in very area these days - these are the guys putting flexi print banners of political parties or advt for real estate.

These persons are experts to make a good frame according to size and know how to stretch the cloth and staple it and hang it with proper leveling.

Only advise them which type of wooden frame quality (Since it has to last longer without bending).

I had done it the same way after worrying which carpenter I need to educate how to make a screen.

Will try to share pics of the making if possible.

Thats a good idea since they are expert in fixing flexi banners on frames.,
regarding carl's screen which material you bought white or grey,what price,size of the material and from where????

thanks
r/s

I had bought from carl's place for USD 40 in 2013. I think they have international shipping also.

I had purchased online and got it delivered at an USA address. The cloth is folded like any blanket and shipped.

Last edited:
I had bought from carl's place for USD 40 in 2013. I think they have international shipping also.

I had purchased online and got it delivered at an USA address. The cloth is folded like any blanket and shipped.

I was also thinking in the same line. Could you please let me know what was the approximate weight and dimensions of the package?

Last edited:
It was a small packet. Please refer to the snap of the cloth shown in my thread. I do not remember the weight since it came to me in unpacked condition.

I think carl's mentions the dimensions of packing also.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back